Top MMA News Topics
- UFC Fight Night – Feb 06 – Overeem vs Volkan Fight Card and Results – click here to view!
- UFC 257 – Jan 23 – Poirier vs McGregor Fight Card and Results – click here to view!
- UFC Fight Night on ESPN – Jan 20 – Magny vs Chiesa Fight Card and Results – click here to view!
- BELLATOR 254 – Dec 10 – McFarlane vs Velasquez Fight Card and Results – click here to view!
- BELLATOR 253 – Nov 18 – Caldwell vs McKee Fight Card and Results – click here to view!
News Feed from the best MMA Sites
- Ex-UFC Champ Rafael dos Anjos Talks Potential Matchups with Chandler, McGregor, Diazby firstname.lastname@example.org (Marcelo Alonso) on January 28, 2021 at 6:26 am
While waiting for his next fight after beating Paul Felder in his return to lightweight this past November, former champion Rafael dos Anjos shared his opinion regarding the future of the division following the main bouts of UFC 257.
- One Championship Set for Four Consecutive Weeks of Events on TNT in Aprilby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on January 28, 2021 at 6:13 am
One Championship is expanding its relationship with TNT.
- Coach: Conor McGregor Has ‘Regressed,’ Would Get ‘Smashed’ by Khabib in Rematchby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 28, 2021 at 3:03 am
Javier Mendez, who helps to coach Khabib Nurmagomedov at American Kickboxing Academy, believes it would be an ugly night for Conor McGregor if he was granted a rematch with the Dagestani champion.
- Joselyne Edwards Replaces Nicco Montano, Meets Karol Rosa at UFC Fight Night 184by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on January 28, 2021 at 2:01 am
Joselyne Edwards will make a quick turnaround for her sophomore Octagon appearance.
- Video: Does Michael Chandler deserve immediate UFC title shot after debut?by MMA Junkie Staff on January 27, 2021 at 11:00 pm
After all, Dana White did say he couldn’t remember a more impressive UFC debut than Michael Chandler’s.
- Nielsen Sports: Conor McGregor remains huge hit despite lossby MMA Fighting Newswire on January 27, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Zuffa LLCThe long-term hit to Conor McGregor’s popularity in the wake of his UFC 257 loss to Dustin Poirier won’t be known for a while. But according to social media stats released after this past Saturday’s pay-per-view event, he remains – and will remain – a massive star. Ratings firm Nielsen Sports recently reported on several metrics generated by the lightweight fight, which ended in a second-round knockout loss for McGregor. Much of the buzz generated by that setback was […]
- Video: UFC 257 ‘Fight Motion’ features Dustin Poirier flooring Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler’s spectacular debut, moreby MMA Fighting Newswire on January 27, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLCWatch the UFC 257 edition of “Fight Motion” to see all the highlights from Saturday’s pay-per-view, including Dustin Poirier’s triumph in his rematch with Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler’s incredible UFC debut, plus big finishes for Makhmud Muradov, Marina Rodriguez, and Julianna Pena, and more.
- UFC 259: Blachowicz vs. Adesanya fight cardby Mookie Alexander on January 27, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Photo by Mike Roach/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesCheck out the fight card for the March 6th UFC 259 pay-per-view, which features three championship bouts. The UFC has five title fights spread out through the month of March alone, and three of them are atop UFC 259 on March 6th. In the headliner, light heavyweight champion Jan Blachowicz makes his first title defense against middleweight champ Israel Adesanya, who’s looking to become the UFC’s latest champ-champ. The co-main is a women’s […]
- Alexander Volkov doubts Alistair Overeem fight goes distance: ‘I can catch him making a mistake’by Farah Hannoun on January 27, 2021 at 10:00 pm
With a combined 66 finishes on their resumes, Alexander Volkov envisions a stoppage of Alistair Overeem at UFC Fight Night 184.
- ONE Championship to debut live primetime event series on TNT on April 7 following AEW wrestlingby Damon Martin on January 27, 2021 at 10:00 pm
ONE ChampionshipONE Championship will debut a new primetime series called ONE on TNT starting on April 7 following AEW wrestling on Wednesday nights. ONE CEO Chatri Sityodtong made the announcement during a media conference call on Wednesday. “This is the first time American fans get to witness a really unique brand of martial arts,” Sityodtong said. “We have over 150 world champions across various martial arts, showcasing a variety of styles. An exciting format, very much Asian […]
- LFA 100 fight card announced for landmark eventby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 27, 2021 at 9:37 pm
LAS VEGAS, Nevada — LFA CEO Ed Soares recently announced that the promotion will host its historic LFA 100 event in the state of Kansas. The main event of LFA 100 will feature a flyweight world title fight between the winningest fighter in LFA history and a top undefeated prospect. The winner will become the seventh 125-pound champion in LFA history. The four most recent champions are currently fighting in the UFC. LFA 100: Altamirano vs. Mota takes place Friday, Feb. 19 at the Hartman […]
- Mario Yamasaki planning return to MMA refereeingby Mookie Alexander on January 27, 2021 at 9:30 pm
Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesYamasaki hasn’t reffed a fight since the Valentina Shevchenko vs. Priscila Cachoeira blowout in 2018. It’s been three years since Mario Yamasaki’s widely criticized decision to let Valentina Shevchenko vs. Priscila Cachoeira continue much longer than necessary. After a hiatus from officiating the sport, we may see the veteran referee back as soon as this year. “I’m waiting for the pandemic to be over so I start applying to the […]
- Yamasaki Returning In 2021by Jesse Holland on January 27, 2021 at 9:14 pm
Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty ImagesLongtime mixed martial arts (MMA) referee Mario Yamasaki will be making his return to officiating in 2021, just as soon as he’s done brushing up on all the updated rules and regulations from California State Athletic Commission (CSAC). That’s according to his conversation with MMA Fighting. “I’m waiting for the pandemic to be over so I can start applying to the athletic commissions again,” Yamasaki said. “I’ll go back to refereeing as soon as […]
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik excited about Jon Jones at heavyweight, hopes their paths crossby Danny Segura on January 27, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Jairzinho Rozenstruik is keeping an eye on Jon Jones’ move to heavyweight.
- Fedor Emelianenko released from hospital following COVID-19 battleby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 27, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Former Pride FC champion and current Bellator fighter Fedor Emelianenko has reportedly been released from the hospital in Russia as he recovers from a bout with COVID-19. Fedor was being treated at Clinical Hospital No. 52 in the Russian capital, according to RT Sport. His release comes less than a week after having been admitted. No details have been released about his condition, but his release from the hospital is obviously good news. While he was in the hospital last week, Fedor […]
- UFC 257 Edition: Best of the C’Mon Now MMA Podcast – 40by June M. Williams on January 27, 2021 at 8:07 pm
June M. WilliamsBloody Elbow Presents ‘The UFC 257 Edition of the Best of the C’Mon Now MMA Podcast’. The show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news & goings on in MMA, both inside + outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye. Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye. Here is some detail on what’s […]
- Mike Brown: Training history makes Jorge Masvidal’s prep for Colby Covington ‘a little easier’by Dave Doyle on January 27, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Does Jorge Masvidal have a built-in edge over Colby Covington because of their past?
- Mario Yamasaki plans return to MMA refereeing this yearby Guilherme Cruz on January 27, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Valentina Shevchenko vs. Priscila Cachoeira was the last UFC bout refereed by Mario Yamasaki. | Jason Silva-USA TODAY SportsMario Yamasaki might re-enter a MMA cage as a referee in 2021, he told MMA Fighting. The experienced MMA official hasn’t worked in a UFC bout since Feb. 3, 2018, when he oversaw two contests at UFC Belem in Brazil. “I’m waiting for the pandemic to be over so I start applying to the athletic commissions again,” Yamasaki told MMA Fighting, revealing he will sign up […]
- Marks has motion to preclude death penalty deniedby Tim Bissell on January 27, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Bell County Sheriff’s OfficeMMa veteran Cedric Marks is due to stand trial for two counts of capital murder. Cedric Marks, 46, is due to be tried in court over the 2018 killings of Jenna Scott and Michael Swearingin. Marks, a veteran MMA fighter, is accused of killing his former girlfriend Scott and her friend Swearingin and burying their bodies in shallow graves near Clearview, OK. Marks is to be tried in Bell County, TX for the crimes. EverythingLubbock reports that Judge Steve Duskie of […]
- Johnson, Alvarez Return April 7 On TNTby Jesse Holland on January 27, 2021 at 7:51 pm
Photo by Dennis Jerome Acosta/Pacific Press/LightRocket via Getty ImagesONE Championship will bring its unique brand of mixed martial arts (MMA) to stateside audiences beginning April 7, directly following AEW wrestling, with “ONE on TNT” featuring the return of former UFC champions Demetrious Johnson and Eddie Alvarez. Johnson (30-3-1) will challenge Adriano Moraes (18-3) for the promotion’s flyweight strap in the live ONE on TNT headliner. “Mighty Mouse” has not competed since Oct. […]
- Coach: Conor McGregor Regressed & Khabib Would’ve Smashed Himby Clyde Aidoo on January 27, 2021 at 7:33 pm
Coach Javier Mendez believes Conor McGregor was fortunate that it was not Khabib Nurmagomedov standing across from him at UFC 257. Dustin Poirier was able to avenge his 2014 loss to Conor McGregor by handing McGregor the first TKO loss of his career. Poirier implemented a stellar gameplan and systemically broke down Conor McGregor’s right
- UFC 257 Fight Motion: Down goes Conor McGregor!by MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 27, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Take a closer look in slow motion at some of the most exciting moments from Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor 2 from this past weekend in this edition of UFC 257 Fight Motion. Conor McGregor returned to the Octagon after a year on the sidelines. The results were not what he had hoped. Dustin Poirier avenged a loss to McGregor from more than six years prior by stealthily calf-kicking him until his lead leg failed. That opened things up for Poirier’s hands to find the finish. Not […]
- Demetrious Johnson, Eddie Alvarez returns kick off ‘ONE on TNT’ event series in Aprilby MMA Junkie Staff on January 27, 2021 at 7:00 pm
ONE Championship will be on TNT this spring, beginning with the returns of a pair of former UFC champions.
- Bisping on McGregor’s ‘inactivity’: GSP ‘came off the couch’ and choked meby Milan Ordoñez on January 27, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLCMichael Bisping disagrees with Conor McGregor’s logic that “inactivity” led to his TKO loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 257. Saturday night at UFC 257 marked Conor McGregor’s first-ever TKO loss. And while he gave props to Dustin Poirier’s leg kicks, “The Notorious” also blamed his inactivity for the fight’s outcome. “It’s hard to overcome inactivity over long periods of time. And that’s just it,” McGregor told Jon Anik in the Octagon […]
- Paul Training With ‘Gamebred’ For Askren Fightby Jesse Holland on January 27, 2021 at 6:06 pm
Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLCJake Paul is training with Jorge Masvidal for his upcoming boxing match against Ben Askren, which sounds about as dumb as every other thing Paul has done because flying knees are not permitted in the “sweet science” and “Gamebred” only got five seconds of cage time to glean insight into his “Funky” opponent. Then again, who wouldn’t want to train with a legend like Masvidal? “We’re here in Miami training,” Paul told ESPN MMA. “I […]
- The A-Side Live Chat: UFC Fight Island fallout, lightweight division, and moreby Jose Youngs on January 27, 2021 at 6:04 pm
Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLCThe is The A-Side Live Chat on MMA Fighting For this episode, The Sun reporter Chisanga Malata joins José Youngs and E. Casey Leydon to break down some of the biggest storylines in MMA. Some POSSIBLE topics include fallout from the UFC’s return to Fight Island, including Dustin Poirier’s TKO win over Conor McGregor at UFC 257, Michael Chandler’s violent debut in the UFC, Max Holloway’s epic performance against Calvin Kattar, and more. There’s […]
- Javier Mendez: Khabib would’ve smashed ‘regressed’ Conor McGregor in rematchby Farah Hannoun on January 27, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Conor McGregor’s loss to Dustin Poirier changed how the AKA coach viewed a potential rematch with Khabib Nurmagomedov.
- Pitbull Believes Michael Chandler Proved Bellator’s “Power” At UFC 257by Clyde Aidoo on January 27, 2021 at 5:43 pm
Current Bellator double champ Patricio “Pitbull” Freire believes Michael Chandler’s first-round KO of Dan Hooker at UFC 257 demonstrates more than just one man’s ability. Patricio Freire and Michael Chandler have no love loss for one another, but even Freire had to give it up to Chandler for his impressive UFC debut at UFC 257.
- After booking boxing match, Jake Paul and Ben Askren say Dillon Danis fears YouTube starby Simon Samano on January 27, 2021 at 5:00 pm
It was supposed to be Dillon Danis fighting Jake Paul, so why is Ben Askren boxing the YouTube star instead?
- Darren Till gives his side of viral police confrontation: ‘You’re here to serve us, not to harass us’by Alexander K. Lee on January 27, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Darren Till | Esther Lin, MMA FightingDarren Till wasn’t shy about sharing a run-in with the law with the rest of the world and now he’s taking a moment to explain himself. The UFC welterweight contender appeared on the Michael Bisping’s Believe You Me podcast to discuss the viral video that made headlines on Wednesday, which featured Till using Instagram Live to stream a confrontation with police officers in which Till became audibly aggravated and animated with the situation. Till has […]
- Why is the UFC promoting an AI company behind an alleged UAE spy app? by Karim Zidan on January 27, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLCKarim Zidan delves into the UFC’s relationship with the G42, an AI company linked to UAE spy tech. When UFC President Dana White arrived on stage for the UFC 257 ceremonial weigh-in at the Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi, he did so wearing a black t-shirt emblazoned with a minimalist red-and-white logo that read “G42.” After years of wearing UFC branded gear and plain polo shirts, White’s latest clothing choice did not go unnoticed. “Great to see [Dana […]
- Jake Paul Predicts He’ll KO Ben Askren Quicker Than Jorge Masvidal Didby Cole Shelton on January 27, 2021 at 4:45 pm
Jake Paul believes he will KO Ben Askren in less time Jorge Masvidal did to him. On April 17, Askren and Paul are set to meet in a pro boxing match. It is a very interesting fight and one that “Funky” has promised will result in him scoring a seventh-round TKO. However, for Paul, he
- Latest UFC Fight Card, ESPN+ lineup For ‘Edwards Vs Chimaev’by Jesse Holland on January 27, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Photo by Mike Roach/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesThird time’s the charm? UFC will once again try to book the welterweight headliner between Leon Edwards and Khamzat Chimaev — spoiled twice before as a result of coronavirus — on March 13 at a location to be determined. It’s time to find out if the undefeated “Borz” is the real deal or just another flash in the pan. Event: UFC Fight Night: “Edwards vs. Chimaev”Date: Sat., March 13, 2021Location: TBDBroadcast: ESPN+ UFC Fight Night […]
- Coach Javier Mendez questions Conor McGregor’s preparation for UFC 257, says he’d get ‘smashed’ in Khabib Nurmagomedov rematchby Alexander K. Lee on January 27, 2021 at 4:16 pm
Conor McGregor | Esther Lin, MMA FightingKhabib Nurmagomedov’s longtime coach Javier Mendez thinks that Conor McGregor’s recent loss might have been months in the making. The American Kickboxing Academy founder appeared on Submission Radio to break down the main event of UFC 257, which saw McGregor fall in his rematch with Dustin Poirier after succumbing to strikes in the second round. Poirier made tactical use of leg kicks to limit McGregor’s mobility and later finished with punches […]
- UFC 257 on social media: Poirier gains 520,000 new followers, but McGregor still dominatesby Simon Head on January 27, 2021 at 4:00 pm
UFC 257 proved to be a big hit, with fans flocking to their devices to talk about the rematch between Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor.
- GSP on Khabib fight: UFC knows where to reach meby Milan Ordoñez on January 27, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesGeorges St-Pierre is still open to a fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov, but it has to be “lined up right” before he agrees. Right before UFC 257’s fight week, Dana White officially pulled the plug on the would-be super fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Georges St-Pierre. According to the UFC president, neither man was interested in making the bout happen. “GSP never came up (in our meeting),” White said of his closed-door […]
- Ngannou Betting Favorite For Miocic Rematchby Jesse Holland on January 27, 2021 at 3:38 pm
Photo by Brandon Magnus/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesUltimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight title contender Francis Ngannou opened as the odds-on betting favorite over reigning division champion Stipe Miocic for their UFC 260 pay-per-view (PPV) headliner on March 27. Just like he did the first time. Miocic (20-3) dominated Ngannou (15-3) went they first went to war at UFC 220 roughly three years back, simply because “The Predator” — who built his career on early knockouts […]
- Georges St-Pierre Opens Up On Missed Khabib Nurmagomedov Superfightby Cole Shelton on January 27, 2021 at 3:25 pm
Georges St-Pierre thought he would end up fighting Khabib Nurmagomedov. For over a year now, many people speculated that Nurmagomedov’s final fight would be against St-Pierre. The Canadian says he thought Nurmagomedov would’ve called him out, and if he did, he would’ve had to think about whether or not he would return. “I was in
- UFC 257 ‘Fight Motion’: Dustin Poirier chops down Conor McGregor before finishby Farah Hannoun on January 27, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Check out these super slow-mo UFC 257 highlights, including clips of Dustin Poirier’s big win over Conor McGregor.
- Ex-champ Nicco Montano pulled from upcoming fight against Karol Rosa at UFC Vegas 18, Joselyne Edwards steps inby Damon Martin on January 27, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Esther Lin, MMA FightingFormer flyweight champion Nicco Montano has been pulled from her upcoming fight against Karol Rosa on Feb. 6 at UFC Vegas 18. Multiple sources confirmed the news to MMA Fighting on Tuesday, revealing that Joselyne Edwards will now fill in to face Rosa on short notice. Milenio first reported the change. According to sources, Montano was actually pulled from the fight by a neurologist as part of her pre-fight medical tests required to compete. The UFC’s first ever […]
- Khabib’s coach to McGregor: How are you not ready for calf kicks?by Anton Tabuena on January 27, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLCJavier Mendez questioned Conor McGregor’s preparations. “I’ll adopt a different approach for a trilogy with Dustin because those leg kicks are not to be messed with. That calf kick. I’ve never experienced that, and it’s a good one.” That was Conor McGregor explaining what he thought went wrong at UFC 257, and promising to make the necessary adjustments if he ends up fighting Dustin Poirier again. If you ask Javier Mendez though, it’s dumbfounding […]
- Chael Sonnen Believes Conor McGregor Looked ‘Slower Than I Remember’ Against Dustin Poirierby Cole Shelton on January 27, 2021 at 2:50 pm
Chael Sonnen thinks Conor McGregor was a lot slower than he remembers. In the main event of UFC 257, McGregor made his return to the Octagon against Dustin Poirier. In the lead-up to the scrap, the Irishman said he would KO Poirier inside 60 seconds. However, that was far from the case as it was
- Khabib Can’t Say He’s Better Than Oliveiraby Jesse Holland on January 27, 2021 at 2:44 pm
Photo by Mike Roach/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesStreaking lightweight contender Charles Oliveira doesn’t have anything negative to say about current 155-pound champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, who is undefeated at 29-0 with victories over Conor McGregor, Dustin Poirier, and Justin Gaethje, just to name a few. But can “The Eagle” call himself the best in the world? “He’s dominated everyone he’s fought, he’s beaten the big names in the division,” Oliveira told MMA Fighting. “But he […]
- Charles Oliveira Calls For Vacant Lightweight Title Fight Against Poirierby Clyde Aidoo on January 27, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Charles Oliveira believes that there is only one fight that makes sense if the UFC lightweight championship is vacated by Khabib Nurmagomedov. As the days tick by, it is appearing more likely that current UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov will vacate the championship following his retirement at UFC 254 last October. All efforts by Dana
- Ben Askren Says He’ll TKO Jake Paul In The Seventh Roundby Cole Shelton on January 27, 2021 at 2:29 pm
Ben Askren believes he will TKO Jake Paul in his upcoming boxing match. On April 17, Askren will end his retirement to take a boxing match against Paul in what caught the attention of the combat sports world. Immediately, many wondered why one of the best wrestlers of all-time would take a boxing match. However,
- Joselyne Edwards replaces Nicco Montano, fights Karol Rosa at UFC Fight Night 184by Danny Segura on January 27, 2021 at 2:25 pm
Joselyne Edwards will look for two wins in quick succession to start her UFC career, as she replaces Nicco Montano on short notice.
- 5 matchups for Manny Pacquiao in order of appeal: Where does Conor McGregor rank?by Michael Rosenthal on January 27, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Manny Pacquiao, at 42, has only a few more fights remaining in his career, so what might the next one be?
- Bellator free fight: Juan Archuleta captures bantamweight gold at Bellator 246by Simon Head on January 27, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Recap the action as Juan Archuleta handed Patchy Mix the first defeat of his career to claim the vacant bantamweight title at Bellator 246.
- Julianna Pena Wants Title Shot vs. Amanda Nunes Next: ‘I’m a Nightmare in This Division’by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 27, 2021 at 10:46 am
Julianna Pena was quite proud of her ability to battle through adversity against Sara McMann at UFC 257.
- Patricio Freire Favors Former Foe Michael Chandler in Potential Matchup vs. Dustin Poirierby email@example.com (Marcelo Alonso) on January 27, 2021 at 6:06 am
Bellator two-division champion Patricio Freire believes that former foe Michael Chandler will capture the UFC lightweight crown.
- Midnight Mania! Did McGregor Give Up At UFC 257?by Andrew Richardson on January 27, 2021 at 5:00 am
Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLCBringing you the weird and wild from the world of MMA each and every weeknight! Welcome to Midnight Mania! There is a definite belief that Conor McGregor struggles with long, difficult fights. Though there are some examples to the contrary — his second-round rally opposite Chad Mendes and victory over Nate Diaz, for example — it’s a strong enough narrative that McGregor himself spoke out to label his cardio woes a “myth.” McGregor’s main event loss to […]
- USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, Jan. 26: Michael Chandler’s big moveby MMA Junkie Staff on January 27, 2021 at 4:05 am
Michael Chandler rockets up the lightweight rankings after his furious finish of Dan Hooker at UFC 257.
- Bang! Watch Bellator’s Fastest Knockouts Ever – Pt. 2by stevejuon on January 27, 2021 at 4:00 am
Rafael Lovato Jr. | Bellator MMAQuicker than a hiccup, but 10 times more deadly, these are Bellator MMA’s fastest knockouts of all time … Everybody loves a finish. Fight fans and MMA writers often reference cliches like “the human chess game” to describe a strategic fight that goes move for move, hold for hold and follows the mantra of “position before submission.” There’s another cliche that fighters like to use in interviews, though: “Every fight starts standing.” When two […]
- Video: Do you consider Dustin Poirier the uncrowned UFC lightweight champion?by MMA Junkie Staff on January 27, 2021 at 3:00 am
Dustin Poirier certainly thinks he is.
- Report: UFC 257 Sells 1.6 Million Pay-Per-View Buysby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 27, 2021 at 2:16 am
Conor McGregor’s return to action brought yet another pay-per-view bonanza for the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- Kayla Harrison ready to take on ‘the big names,’ coach Mike Brown saysby Dave Doyle on January 27, 2021 at 2:00 am
Although she was mostly sidelined in 2020, coach Mike Brown believes Kayla Harrison is ready for the biggest challenges.
- Middleweights Darren Till, Marvin Vettori Agree to Meet in UFC Main Event on April 10by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on January 27, 2021 at 1:54 am
Darren Till and Marvin Vettori are expected to square off in the headliner of an Ultimate Fighting Championship event on April 10.
- Ex-Bellator, One Titleholder Ben Askren to Face Jake Paul in Boxing Match on April 17by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 27, 2021 at 1:40 am
Retired mixed martial artist Ben Askren is making his return to combat sports to face YouTube star Jake Paul in a professional boxing bout on April 17.
- Flyweight Title Bout Headlines Legacy Fighting Alliance’s 100th Event on Feb. 19by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on January 27, 2021 at 1:30 am
A flyweight championship tilt between Victor Altamirano and Carlos do Carmo Motta will serve as the headliner for Legacy Fighting Alliance’s centennial event on Feb. 19.
- Jake Paul predicts he’ll knock Ben Askren out faster than Jorge Masvidalby MMA Junkie Staff on January 27, 2021 at 1:00 am
Jake Paul has made it clear he has no respect for Ben Askren’s boxing skills.
- Video: Conor McGregor’s days as a UFC champion are done. Overreaction?by MMA Junkie Staff on January 27, 2021 at 12:00 am
It’s been more than four years since Conor McGregor picked up a quality win. Does he have it in him to reclaim a UFC title?
- Dustin Poirier’s KO of Conor McGregor one of top selling UFC PPVs of all timeby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 26, 2021 at 11:02 pm
Dustin Poirier’s knockout of Conor McGregor in the UFC 257 main event pushed the event to be one of the promotion’s top selling pay-per-views of all time. According to John Ourand of The Sports Journal, UFC 257: Poirier vs. McGregor 2 has topped 1.6 million pay-per-view buys, which would put it in line with UFC president Dana White’s excitement over the numbers. “It was a good night. It was a really good night. Top two all time,” White said at the UFC 257 post-fight press conference. […]
- Dustin Poirier: UFC 257 ‘Fight Island’ experience ‘like I was in prison in my own mind’by Danny Segura on January 26, 2021 at 11:00 pm
All Dustin Poirier liked about being on “Fight Island” was knocking out Conor McGregor. Nothing was fun about being cooped up in a hotel for two weeks.
- UFC Rankings Report: Many Changes, Including Michael Chandler’s Debutby Clyde Aidoo on January 26, 2021 at 10:35 pm
The UFC rankings have been updated following UFC 257! Check out all the changes below! Men’s Pound for Pound: Conor McGregor falls to #15 on the pound-for-pound rankings after his loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 257, causing Jan Blachowicz (#14) and Francis Ngannou (#13) to move ahead of him. Women’s Pound for Pound: Carla
- Ben Askren agrees to box YouTuber Jake Paul for more money than he’s ever been paid beforeby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 26, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Former Bellator and ONE Championship titleholder and UFC veteran Ben Askren has agreed to box YouTube sensation Jake Paul. Why? Because they Triller is backing a dump truck full of money to his front door, that’s why. Triller is the promotional company behind the recent Mike Tyson comeback against Roy Jones Jr. Paul fought his second professional boxing match on the undercard of the Tyson vs. Jones card, knocking out former NBA star Nate Robinson in the second round. After defeating […]
- Ben Askren unfazed by Jake Paul, boxing match critics: ‘I’ve stepped in the cage with trained killers’by Nolan King on January 26, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Ben Askren doesn’t see any reason he should’ve turned down a fight against YouTube star Jake Paul.
- Robert Whittaker vs. Paulo Costa targeted for April 17 headlinerby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 26, 2021 at 9:14 pm
A bout between the two top ranked middleweights is being finalized to headline UFC Fight Night 190 on April 17. ESPN first reported that former champion Robert Whittaker and Paulo Costa will headline the event at a location to be determined later. Whittaker (22-5) lost the title to current champion Israel Adesanya at UFC 243 in October 2019. He’s put together a two-fight winning streak since losing the belt and is ranked No. 1 in the 185-pound division. TRENDING > Former UFC […]
- Georges St-Pierre ‘very surprised’ by Conor McGregor’s TKO loss, shares advice for returnby Danny Segura on January 26, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Georges St-Pierre ‘very surprised’ to see Conor McGregor lose at UFC 257.
- Report: Darren Till vs. Marvin Vettori to headline UFC Fight Night 189by MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 26, 2021 at 7:54 pm
A middleweight bout between No. 4 ranked middleweight Darren Till and No. 5 ranked Marvin Vettori will reportedly headline UFC Fight Night 189 on April 10. ESPN first reported the development on Tuesday. The bout agreements have not been signed, but the two have verbally agreed to the bout, according to ESPN sources. Till (18-3-1) is coming off a decision loss to former champion Robert Whittaker. “The Gorilla” moved up to the 185-pound weight class in November 2019 and has gone 1-1 […]
- Conor McGregor’s coach says they are angling for Dustin Poirier immediate rematchby Hunter Brownstein on January 26, 2021 at 6:35 pm
Conor McGregor handled his TKO loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 257 – his first in mixed martial arts – with grace and humility. Just a few days later, he was already clamoring for another rematch. Speaking with ESPN’s Ariel Helwani, McGregor’s head coach John Kavanagh said if it’s up to MMA’s brightest star for what’s next in his career, it would be a trilogy fight with Poirier. McGregor won their first fight at UFC 178 via a first-round TKO stoppage. “(Conor is) already […]
- Gilbert Burns To Usman & All Grapplers At 170: Take Me Down; I Dare Youby Clyde Aidoo on January 26, 2021 at 6:07 pm
Gilbert Burns is laying down a challenge to all grapplers in the UFC’s 170-pound division: take me down if you dare. At UFC 258, Gilbert Burns will challenge Kamaru Usman for the welterweight championship. Usman’s greatest weapon over the years has been his ability to seemingly take opponents down at will and outwrestle anyone he
- Darren Till vs. Marvin Vettori Set To Headline April 10 Fight Nightby Clyde Aidoo on January 26, 2021 at 5:13 pm
A middleweight bout between Darren Till and Marvin Vettori will serve as the main event for the UFC Fight Night on April 10. As reported by ESPN on Tuesday, another middleweight bout will be headlining a UFC event in April when Darren Till faces Marvin Vettori. It was announced yesterday that former champion Robert Whittaker
- UFC 257 Medical Suspensions: Conor McGregor Facing Potential 180-Day Termby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 26, 2021 at 11:38 am
Conor McGregor might not be able to make as quick a turnaround as he might like following his UFC 257 loss to Dustin Poirier.
- Updated: UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn Arrested, Released on Suspicion of DUI in Hawaiiby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on January 26, 2021 at 6:08 am
B.J. Penn had another run-in with the law this past weekend.
- Coach: Conor McGregor Wants Trilogy Bout vs. Dustin Poirier to Be for Lightweight Beltby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 26, 2021 at 5:40 am
In the aftermath of his loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 257, Conor McGregor didn’t waste much time before mentioning the possibility of a trilogy.
- Dana White: Plans Tentative, But UFC Might Not Return to ‘Fight Island’ Until Summerby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on January 26, 2021 at 2:03 am
The UFC just wrapped up a whirlwind week in Abu Dhabi, with three events in an eight-day span.
- Charles Oliveira Says He, Not Michael Chandler, Should Face Dustin Poirier for UFC Titleby firstname.lastname@example.org (Marcelo Alonso) on January 26, 2021 at 1:14 am
There was likely no other fighter who was more interested in the top two fights at UFC 257 than lightweight contender Charles Oliveira.
- Floyd Mayweather rips Conor McGregor (aka Con Artist McLoser) following UFC 257 knockoutby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 26, 2021 at 12:50 am
Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor have a storied past, but Mayweather ripped into him again following McGregor’s UFC 257 knockout loss to Dustin Poirier. Mayweather and McGregor took jabs at each other on social media until it eventually led to the Irishman’s first professional boxing bout, opposite the undefeated boxing great. McGregor lasted into the tenth round, but that’s where Mayweather stopped him via technical knockout. Prior to the fight with Poirier, McGregor had been […]
- Robert Whittaker, Paulo Costa Targeted to Headline UFC Event on April 17by email@example.com (Marcelo Alonso) on January 26, 2021 at 12:31 am
A pivotal middleweight middleweight showdown between Robert Whittaker and Paulo Costa has been targeted for April 17.
- Former UFC champ BJ Penn arrested on suspicion of DUIby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 25, 2021 at 11:44 pm
UFC Hall of Famer BJ Penn has been arrested again in Hawaii. Penn, 42, was arrested on Jan. 23 under suspicion of Driving Under the Influence. Police were alerted to Penn by a reckless driver complaint, according to Hawaii County Police spokesperson Denise Laitinen. Laitinen said he was released pending an investigation and provided no further details of the incident. News of Penn’s latest run-in with the law surfaced via a video posted to Reddit. The video shows Penn in restraints […]
- Nik Lentz announces retirement following UFC 257: ‘It’s impossible for me to compete at this level anymore’by MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 25, 2021 at 6:49 pm
Nik Lentz announced his retirement following a loss to Movsar Evloev at UFC 257 on Saturday. Lentz afforded a good showing of himself, but Evloev won a split decision after all three rounds were said and done. It was his his third consecutive loss, but that isn’t what he said led to his decision to retire. He mostly attributes his decision to retire to an injury last year that degraded his vision to the point that he no longer feels able to compete at the UFC level. “They say don’t […]
- Conor McGregor issues statement following UFC 257 KO loss to Dustin Poirierby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 25, 2021 at 6:07 pm
Conor McGregor on Sunday issued a statement of resolve, looking forward to a Dustin Poirier trilogy bout following his knockout loss at UFC 257 on Saturday. McGregor returned from a one-year layoff to rematch Poirier in the UFC 257 main event in Abu Dhabi. He TKO’d Poirier in one minute and 46 seconds in their first match-up. The second bout took a little longer and also ended in a much different fashion. While McGregor’s hands looked sharp in the first round, Poirier was sneakily […]
- Tyron Woodley vs. Vicente Luque in the Works for UFC 260 on March 27by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 25, 2021 at 9:36 am
A welterweight clash pitting Tyron Woodley against Vicente Luque has nearly been finalized for UFC 260.
- Citing Reduced Vision, Nik Lentz Announces Retirement Following UFC 257 Defeatby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on January 25, 2021 at 7:42 am
Nik Lentz is calling it a career after 45 professional bouts.
- UFC 257: Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor Recapby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 25, 2021 at 4:59 am
Watch the UFC 257 recap and highlights from the UFC 257: Poirier vs. McGregor 2 main event between Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor from Saturday’s event at Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi. TRENDING > Dana White no longer thinks Khabib is going to fight again following UFC 257 UFC 257 recap – Dustin Poirier knocks out Conor McGregor(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube)
- Conor McGregor Plans to Regroup, Looks Forward to ‘Blockbuster Trilogy’ vs. Dustin Poirierby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 25, 2021 at 1:24 am
About a year ago at this time, a rejuvenated Conor McGregor had big plans in store following a quick finish of Donald Cerrone at UFC 246.
- Ex-Bellator Champ Michael Chandler Describes Victorious UFC Debut as ‘Pure Elation’by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on January 25, 2021 at 12:45 am
For years, Michael Chandler was the unofficial face of Bellator MMA.
- Dustin Poirier Guarantees He Won’t Be Fighting Michael Chandler Nextby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 25, 2021 at 12:00 am
Dustin Poirier is coming off arguably the biggest win of his career to date — on the biggest stage possible. Meanwhile, Michael Chandler had one of the most impressive UFC debuts in recent memory.
- Despite ESPN+ Issues, Dana White Claims UFC 257 Was Top 3 All-Time Pay-Per-Viewby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on January 24, 2021 at 11:35 pm
The Ultimate Fighting Championship’s first pay-per-view of 2021 was not without some issues.
- Michael Chandler: ‘lightweight division has a new king’ | UFC 257 Octagon Interviewby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 24, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Lightweight Michael Chandler announced his arrival to the UFC and the rest of the division with a massive first-round knockout over Dan Hooker in the UFC 257 co-main event. TRENDING > UFC 257 results: Dustin Poirier knocks out Conor McGregor; Michael Chandler stuns Dan Hooker (Courtesy of UFC)
- Conor McGregor cites inactivity for loss to Dustin Poirier | UFC 257 Octagon Interviewby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 24, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Former UFC lightweight and featherweight champion Conor McGregor shares his thoughts with Jon Anik after being defeated by Dustin Poirier in the UFC 257 main event. McGregor suffered his first career knockout loss to “The Diamond” on Saturday. The bout was a rematch and Poirier avenged his 2014 loss to McGregor. TRENDING > Dana White no longer thinks Khabib is going to fight again following UFC 257 (Courtesy of UFC)
- Dustin Poirier: ‘I’m the Champ’ | UFC 257 Octagon Interviewby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 24, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Dustin Poirier scored perhaps the biggest win of his career with a second-round TKO of Conor McGregor in the main event of UFC 257. Hear from Poirier inside of the Octagon immediately after. TRENDING > UFC 257 performance bonuses: Dustin Poirier’s knockout of Conor McGregor tops the list (Coutresy of UFC)
- Khabib Nurmagomedov Tweets Reaction to UFC 257 Headliner, Conor McGregor Fires Backby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 24, 2021 at 3:52 pm
Conor McGregor’s aura took a hit in the UFC 257 main event on Saturday night.
- Khabib and Conor McGregor trade shots after UFC 257by MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 24, 2021 at 3:00 pm
There has never been any love lost between UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov and former dual-division champion Conor McGregor. The friction between the two spilled over again on Saturday night following McGregor’s loss to Dustin Poirier in the UFC 257 main event in Abu Dhabi. McGregor seemed to be doing well throughout the first round, but Poirier was sneakily landing calf kicks that eventually took their toll on McGregor’s lead leg. In the second round, McGregor’s leg began to […]
- UFC 257 Bonuses: Michael Chandler Receives $50K for Impressive Octagon Debutby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on January 24, 2021 at 2:37 pm
Michael Chandler had an Ultimate Fighting Championship debut to remember, and it helped make his payday that much better.
- Dustin Poirier has sights on UFC gold, but not Michael Chandlerby Hunter Brownstein on January 24, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Number two ranked lightweight Dustin Poirier gave his thoughts on what could be next in his career after a jaw-dropping knockout of former two-division champion and number four ranked lightweight Conor McGregor at UFC 257. In an interview with John Gooden, Poirier said he was never concerned with what pound for pound king and current UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov thought of his performance. “I definitely wasn’t throwing punches to impress Khabib,” Poirier said. At […]
- Dustin Poirier Tastes Sweet Revenge, Dismisses Conor McGregor in UFC 257 Headlinerby firstname.lastname@example.org (Brian Knapp) on January 24, 2021 at 7:57 am
Dustin Poirier was the better man the second time around.
- UFC 257 ‘Poirier vs. McGregor 2’ Play-by-Play, Results & Round Scoringby email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on January 24, 2021 at 7:57 am
Sherdog’s live UFC 257 coverage will begin Saturday at 7 p.m. ET.
- UFC 257 Prelims: Promising Arman Tsarukyan Cruises Past Matt Frevola in Abu Dhabiby firstname.lastname@example.org (Brian Knapp) on January 24, 2021 at 7:55 am
Arman Tsarukyan appears to be well on his way to relevance in the Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight division.
- Dana White no longer thinks Khabib is going to fight again following UFC 257by Ken Pishna on January 24, 2021 at 7:13 am
UFC president Dana White has been saying for months that he believes lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov would return to the Octagon. That is no longer what he’s saying after Dustin Poirier knocked out Conor McGregor on Saturday night in Abu Dhabi. White spoke with Khabib earlier in the week, again telling the media that he believed his champion might fight again, depending upon the outcome of the UFC 257 main and co-main event bouts. While Poirier knocked out McGregor in the […]
- UFC 257 performance bonuses: Dustin Poirier’s knockout of Conor McGregor tops the listby Hunter Brownstein on January 24, 2021 at 6:44 am
UFC president Dana White announced the winners of the UFC 257 Performance of the Night bonuses at the post-fight press conference on Saturday night in Abu Dhabi. Dustin Poirier, Makhmud Muradov, Marina Rodriguez and Michael Chandler all walked away with $50,000 Performance of the Night bonuses. UFC 257 Performance of the Night: Dustin Poirier Poirier turned the fight world upside down Saturday night, earning his post-fight bonus by decisively knocking out former two-division champion […]
- UFC 257 results: Dustin Poirier knocks out Conor McGregor; Michael Chandler stuns Dan Hookerby Ken Pishna on January 24, 2021 at 6:15 am
The UFC’s three-event, eight-day stint in its return to Abu Dhabi culminated in Saturday night’s UFC 257. It featured the return of former dual-division champion Conor McGregor, as he faced form interim UFC lightweight champion Dustin Poirier in a rematch of their 2014 bout. McGregor won their first meeting in one minute and 46 seconds by technical knockout. He didn’t better that mark in the rematch. In fact, it was Poirier that gave McGregor a brutal welcome back to the Octagon after […]
- UFC 257: Poirier vs. McGregor 2 Live Resultsby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 24, 2021 at 4:01 am
(Click on the fight below and then scroll down to see in-fight live stats and full results, courtesy of Fight Analytics. Full live results for the first UFC 257: Poirier vs. McGregor 2 bout from Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT on Saturday, Jan. 23, on MMAWeekly.com) UFC 257: Poirier vs. McGregor 2 start times UFC 257: Poirier vs. McGregor 2 main card start time: 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT on ESPN+ Pay-Per-ViewUFC 257: Poirier vs. McGregor 2 prelims […]
- Watch the UFC 257: Poirier vs. McGregor 2 cold open ahead of the fightsby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 23, 2021 at 7:35 pm
Conor McGregor returns in UFC 257 Cold Open If you weren’t already excited enough for Conor McGregor’s return to the Octagon, check out the UFC 257 Cold Open that will be shown on Saturday night when the pay-per-view goes live. UFC 257 takes place on Saturday, Jan. 23, in Abu Dhabi, where Conor McGregor rematches Dustin Poirier in the main event. Former Bellator champion Michael Chandler makes his promotional debut in the UFC 257 co-main event opposite Dan Hooker. (Video courtesy of […]
- Watch Conor McGregor starch Dustin Poirier in first fight ahead of UFC 257 rematchby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 23, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier fought their first bout in September of 2014. They were on the undercard to Demetrious Johnson’s UFC flyweight title defense against Chris Cariaso at UFC 178. McGregor starched Poirier in 1:46 of the first round. Both have since gone on to become UFC champions, McGregor in two different divisions. They are now set to rematch at UFC 257 on Jan. 23 in Abu Dhabi; the UFC’s first pay-per-view event of 2021. Watch the first match-up between Poirier and […]
- Dana White shreds Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul boxing matchby MMAWeekly.com Staff on January 23, 2021 at 6:27 pm
Dana White chimes in on the Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul boxing exhibition slated for February. Floyd Mayweather is one of the greatest boxers of all time. Logan Paul is a YouTube celebrity that has dabbled in boxing. UFC president Dana White summed it up thusly: “It’s gonna look like what a grown man could do to his kid.” (Video courtesy of TMZSports) TRENDING > UFC releases Ottman Azaitar for brazen violation of COVID-19 safety protocols UFC 257: Poirier vs. McGregor 2 […]
- UFC 257 Weigh-in Results: Card Changed After Three Fighters Fail To Make Weightby email@example.com (Tyler Treese) on January 23, 2021 at 7:40 am
The Ultimate Fighting Championship puts on its first pay-per-view of 2021, and its third card in eight days, on Saturday.
- Olympic, Brazilian World Judo Champion Rafaela Silva Moves to MMAby firstname.lastname@example.org (Marcelo Alonso) on January 23, 2021 at 7:19 am
Kayla Harrison will not be the only female Olympic judo champ that has moved to MMA.
- One Championship to Air April 7 Event on TNT Featuring Demetrious Johnson, Eddie Alvarezby email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on January 23, 2021 at 3:41 am
One Championship is staging its return to U.S. airwaves in April with a tentpole card.
- Capitan Petchyindee Academy Smashes Alaverdi Ramazanov in One: Unbreakable Headlinerby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tudor Leonte) on January 23, 2021 at 2:07 am
Capitan Petchyindee Academy showed once again that there are levels to the fight game.
- Ex-UFC 257 Competitor Ottman Azaitar Released After ‘Health and Safety Violation’by email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on January 23, 2021 at 1:29 am
The entire MMA community is waiting on pins and needles wondering what was in the bag that cost ex-Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight Ottman Azaitar his career.
- Lightweights Alexander Hernandez, Thiago Moises Collide at UFC Event on Feb. 27by firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) on January 22, 2021 at 4:08 am
Another big matchup in the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s stacked lightweight division is in the works for the end of February.
- Pedro Rizzo Believes Jon Jones Should Be Underdog Against Stipe Miocic, Francis Ngannouby email@example.com (Marcelo Alonso) on January 22, 2021 at 3:45 am
Ultimate Fighting Championship pioneer and repeat heavyweight title challenger Pedro Rizzo weighed in on Jon Jones’ upcoming move to Rizzo’s old division.
- Leonardo Santos-Grant Dawson to Join March 20 UFC Cardby firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) on January 22, 2021 at 2:19 am
Two Ultimate Fighting Championship fighters on a combined 20-fight unbeaten streak are coming to blows at lightweight in March.
- Fedor Emelianenko Recovering in Hospital Due to COVID-19by email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on January 22, 2021 at 1:41 am
One of the more beloved stars in the sport has been hospitalized due to the coronavirus, and he claims he is currently in recovery.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov Says Fighting Currently ‘Not a Part of My Plans’by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 21, 2021 at 11:20 am
Khabib Nurmagomedov seems to have a different interpretation of his recent meeting with Dana White than the UFC president did.
- Michael Chiesa Believes Colby Covington is Toughest Test ‘Stylistically, Physically and Mentally’by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on January 21, 2021 at 7:06 am
Moments after Michael Chiesa completed a dominant performance against Neil Magny in the UFC on ESPN 20 headliner, he turned his attention to perhaps the welterweight division’s most reviled star.
- UFC on ESPN 20 Bonuses: Alves, Davis, Jones, Nurmagomedov Earn $50K Checksby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 21, 2021 at 5:04 am
Warlley Alves returned to the win column in emphatic fashion at UFC on ESPN 20.
- Unstoppable Michael Chiesa Suffocates Neil Magny in UFC on ESPN 20 Headlinerby email@example.com (Brian Knapp) on January 21, 2021 at 2:57 am
Michael Chiesa imposes his will as well as anyone in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- UFC on ESPN 20 ‘Chiesa vs. Magny’ Play-by-Play, Results & Round Scoringby firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) on January 21, 2021 at 2:57 am
Sherdog’s live UFC on ESPN 20 coverage will begin Wednesday at 9 a.m. ET.
- UFC on ESPN 20 Prelims: Ricky Simon Arm-Triangle Submits Gaetano Pirrelloby email@example.com (Brian Knapp) on January 21, 2021 at 2:57 am
Former Legacy Fighting Alliance champion Ricky Simon submitted Belgian newcomer Gaetano Pirrello with an arm-triangle choke.
- Matt Schnell Explains How He Avoided Tyson Nam’s KO Power at UFC on ESPN 20by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 21, 2021 at 2:52 am
In Matt Schnell’s mind, his split-decision victory over Tyson Nam at UFC on ESPN 20 wasn’t even that close.
- Omari Akhmedov Practiced Submission Used to Defeat Tom Breese ‘Probably 1,000 Times’by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on January 21, 2021 at 2:39 am
It’s been a long time since Omari Akhmedov finished an opponent in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- Conor McGregor: Max Holloway Rematch ‘Definitely in the Pipeline’ After UFC on ABC 1by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 20, 2021 at 10:35 pm
Count Conor McGregor among those who were impressed by Max Holloway’s record-breaking offensive performance against Calvin Kattar at UFC on ABC 1 last weekend.
- UFC, Glory Veteran Guto Inocente to Face Michal Andryszak at KSW 58 on Jan. 30by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on January 20, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Well-traveled Brazilian veteran Guto Inocente will debut for a new promotion when he faces Michal Andryszak at KSW 58 on Jan. 30.
- Andre Ewell Receives Warning from USADA After Testing Positive for Ostarineby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 20, 2021 at 9:42 am
UFC bantamweight Andre Ewell has received a public warning from USADA after testing positive for ostarine in an out-of-competition urine sample collected on Oct. 15.
- UFC on ESPN 20 Weigh-in Results: Michael Chiesa, Neil Magny Hit Marks for Main Eventby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on January 20, 2021 at 7:59 am
Michael Chiesa and Neil Magny are official for their welterweight headliner at UFC on ESPN 20.
- Woman Files Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit Against Conor McGregor for Personal Injuryby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on January 20, 2021 at 3:46 am
A woman has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against Conor McGregor for alleged personal injury, according to a report from ESPN.
- PFL Newcomer Joilton ‘Peregrino’ Hopes for Early Pairing with Anthony Pettis, Natan Schulteby email@example.com (Marcelo Alonso) on January 20, 2021 at 2:37 am
Signed by Professional Fighters League for to compete at lightweight for its 2021 season, Joilton “Peregrino” Lutterbach is hoping for an early matchup with one of the two 155-pound favorites: high-profile acquisition Anthony Pettis or two-time defending champion Natan Schulte.