Top MMA News Topics
- UFC 259 – Mar 06 – Blachowicz vs Adesanya Fight Card and Results – click here to view!
- UFC Fight Night – Feb 27 – Rozenstruick vs Gane Fight Card and Results – click here to view!
- UFC Fight Night – Feb 20 – Blaydes vs Lewis Fight Card and Results – click here to view!
- BELLATOR 256 – April 09 – Bader vs Machida 2 Fight Card and Results – click here to view!
- BELLATOR 255 – April 02 – Pitbull vs Sanchez 2 Fight Card and Results – click here to view!
News Feed from the best MMA Sites
- UFC 262 Gets Edson Barboza-Shane Burgos Featherweight Showdown on May 15by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on March 3, 2021 at 4:04 am
Edson Barboza will make his third featherweight appearance when he takes on Shane Burgos at UFC 262.
- UFC Fight Night 186 Medical Suspensions: Three Fighters Facing 6-Month Termsby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on March 3, 2021 at 1:39 am
Three fighters who competed at UFC Fight Night 186 are facing potential six-month layoffs after their bouts.
- Scott Holtzman, Mateusz Gamrot to Clash at UFC Fight Night on April 10by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on March 3, 2021 at 12:50 am
A lightweight showdown pitting Scott Holtzman against Mateusz Gamrot has been booked for UFC Fight Night on April 10.
- Matt Brown to Face Dhiego Lima at UFC Event on June 19by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on March 3, 2021 at 12:35 am
Matt Brown will meet Dhiego Lima at an Ultimate Fighting Championship event on June 19.
- UFC Fight Night 186 medical suspensions: Thiago Moises among 3 facing potential 6 monthsby Danny Segura on March 2, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Check out the full list of medical suspensions for UFC Fight Night 186.
- Jiri Prochazka Preparing To Face ‘Every Opponent Precisely’ In LHW Divisionby Cole Shelton on March 2, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Jiri Prochazka is ready to climb up the light heavyweight ranks. Prochazka, the former RIZIN champion, made good of his UFC debut as he scored a second-round KO over Volkan Oezdemir. It was an impressive knockout, but he said he had a horrible first round and was disappointed in his performance. Despite a bad first
- Adesanya & DC mock Paulo Costa’s sour grapesby Zane Simon on March 2, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC“He legitimately says some of the dumbest stuff I’ve ever heard in my life,” Cormier said of Costa’s wine drinking excuse during a recent taping of his webcast. There’s no question that the version of Paulo Costa who showed up to fight Israel Adesanya only bore a pale resemblance to the man that marched down Yoel Romero just a year previous. Costa looked something like a deer in the headlights on his way to a second round TKO loss to the ‘Last […]
- Mookie & Crookie Show 111: UFC Vegas 20, Mir-Tarver, Weili-Namajunasby Stephie Haynes on March 2, 2021 at 8:00 pm
June M. WilliamsEpisode 111 discussion: UFC Vegas 20 recap, Frank Mir to box Antonio Tarver, Zhang Weili defends her title against Rose Namajunas, Triller to promote Teofimo Lopez bout Welcome to ‘The Mookie & Crookie Show’, a spinoff of ‘The Level Change Podcast’ that goes a little more in-depth on major combat sports news, as well as takes a humorous look at the crazy world of combat sports social media. The show is hosted by Mookie Alexander and Stephie Haynes and airs every […]
- Mayra Bueno Silva calls point deduction against Montana De La Rosa ‘cruel’ at UFC Vegas 20by Guilherme Cruz on March 2, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Mayra Bueno Silva fought to a majority draw with Montana De La Rosa at the UFC APEX in Las Vegas. | Zuffa LLCA cage grab cost Mayra Bueno Silva the win at UFC Vegas 20, which took place Feb. 27 in Las Vegas. And even though she recognizes her mistake, “Sheetara” still doesn’t think referee Jerin Valel was entirely fair throughout her flyweight fight with Montana De La Rosa. Silva says she grabbed the cage out of “instinct” when De La Rosa went for a takedown, so “I don’t think I […]
- UFC 259 Embedded: Israel Adesanya mocks Paulo Costa, ‘I know the drunken fist’by MMAWeekly.com Staff on March 2, 2021 at 7:51 pm
UFC 259 Embedded features the fighters from Saturday’s championship tripleheader pay-per-view event at The Apex in Las Vegas. Middleweight champ Israel Adesanya challenges light heavyweight titleholder Jan Blachowicz in the main event. The UFC 259 co-main event sees Amanda Nunes put her featherweight title on the line against Megan Anderson. And bantamweight beltholder Petr Yan defends against Aljamain Sterling in a third title fight. Jan Blachowicz visits Hoover Dam. Petr Yan, Islam […]
- Khamzat Chimaev says he’s done; Chechen leader and Dana White say he’s not retiringby MMAWeekly.com Staff on March 2, 2021 at 7:36 pm
In the space of 24 hours, rising UFC star Khamzat Chimaev indicated that he was done fighting, but then was talked into continuing on by controversial Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov. UFC president Dana White also backed that sentiment, telling MMA Junkie that Chimaev “ain’t quitting.” Chimaev’s UFC career was off to a brilliant start in 2020. The Chechen fighter rattled off three consecutive victories in three months. He was then slated to face highly ranked welterweight Leon Edwards, a […]
- UFC 259 ‘Embedded,’ No. 2: ‘We should drink some before the fight like Costa’by MMA Junkie Staff on March 2, 2021 at 7:35 pm
Go behind the scenes with the second episode of “Embedded” leading up to UFC 259, which features three title fights atop the card.
- UFC 259 Embedded, Episode 2: ‘We can drink some before the fight like Costa’ by MMA Fighting Newswire on March 2, 2021 at 7:30 pm
In the second episode of UFC 259 Embedded, Jan Blachowicz goes to Hoover Dam, Israel Adesanya jokes around, Petr Yan and Aleksandar Rakic train, and more.
- Dan Hardy Moves On From Matt Brown By Calling Out Nick Diazby Clyde Aidoo on March 2, 2021 at 7:29 pm
After Matt Brown has moved forward with another fight, Dan Hardy is now hoping that Nick Diaz will be down for a scrap in the near future. Dan Hardy has been teasing a return to competition for several years now, but his recent social media movements have looked the most promising to yield results. He
- Khabib Ready To Embrace A ‘Coaching Life’by Jesse Holland on March 2, 2021 at 7:07 pm
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLCThose sheep won’t feed themselves! Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov has retired from mixed martial arts (MMA), and while promotion president Dana White has yet to strip “The Eagle” of his 155-pound strap, it doesn’t sound like there’s much reason to remain optimistic about a potential return to combat sports. “Every day I woke up in the morning and started training, and in the evening my body was […]
- Ramzan Kadyrov: Khamzat Chimaev not retiring, will return to Chechnya soon to rehab and trainby Steven Marrocco on March 2, 2021 at 7:02 pm
Photo by Mikhail Svetlov/Getty ImagesThe saga of Khamzat Chimaev’s future has now taken a political turn, with Chechnyan head of state Ramzan Kadyrov assuring his followers the UFC welterweight star is not retiring and will fight on after appearing to announce his retirement on Monday. In a post on the Chechnyan tourism department’s Instagram account, Kadyrov wrote that after a conversation with Chimaev, the 26-year-old fighter decided he would recover and make a comeback after suffering […]
- Brown vs. Lima set for Juneby Tim Bissell on March 2, 2021 at 7:00 pm
UFC veteran Matt Brown, who is set to meet Dhiego Lima on June 19. | Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC‘The Immortal’ Matt Brown is set to make his 27th Octagon appearance. According to MMA Fighting Matt Brown will get a chance to rebound from his recent loss to Carlos Condit when he takes on Dhiego Lima on June 19. The UFC show on that date has a ‘TBD’ for both headliner and venue. Brown came to the UFC all the way back in 2007, through the 7th season of The Ultimate Fighter. After bowing […]
- Head of Chechen Republic Claims He’s Convinced Chimaev Not To Retireby Clyde Aidoo on March 2, 2021 at 6:54 pm
The Head of the Chechen Republic Ramzan Kadyrov claims that he has been able to talk Chimaev down from the retirement ledge. It has been a hectic past few days in the world of Khamzat Chimaev. First, Khamzat Chimaev came out and called out Neil Magny for a fight in June after extending his gratitude
- ‘King Mo’ Lawal breaks down Bellator’s light heavyweight grand prix quarterfinalsby Danny Segura on March 2, 2021 at 6:45 pm
‘King Mo’ Lawal shares his thoughts on the quarterfinal matchups for Bellator’s light heavyweight grand prix.
- UFC 262 adds Edson Barboza vs. Shane Burgos to lineupby Nolan King on March 2, 2021 at 6:30 pm
UFC 262 has added a pivotal featherweight fight.
- Edson Barboza vs. Shane Burgos set for UFC 262by Guilherme Cruz on March 2, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Zuffa LLCOn the heels of a new UFC contract, standout Edson Barboza has booked his next fight, facing off with Shane Burgos at UFC 262. Multiple people with knowledge of the booking confirmed it to MMA Fighting after an initial report from Combate. UFC 262 takes place May 15 at a location and venue to be announced. The now-featherweight Barboza appeared at loggerheads with his longtime promoter, asking for his release from contract in 2020. He eventually turned the page and returned to the […]
- Gabriel Benitez vs. Jonathan Pearce booked for UFC event on May 1by Alexander K. Lee on March 2, 2021 at 6:16 pm
Gabriel Benitez | Esther Lin, MMA FightingGabriel Benitez and Jonathan Pearce look to get win streaks going when they meet in May. MMA Fighting confirmed with sources with knowledge of the matchup that Benitez (22-8) and Pearce (10-4) will meet in a lightweight matchup at a May 1 UFC event with a location still to be announced. Benitez returned to the win column this past December with a first-round TKO of Justin Jaynes. The Mexican veteran stopped a two-fight losing skid with the victory and […]
- After UFC Fight Night 186, Pedro Munhoz lauds calf kicks – MMA’s hottest weaponby Danny Segura on March 2, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Pedro Munhoz breaks down calf kicks used in rematch against Jimmie Rivera.
- Cormier says ‘dumb’ Jones isn’t KOing anyone at HWby Tim Bissell on March 2, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Daniel Cormier trash talks Jon Jones at a UFC press conference in 2017. | Photo by Cooper Neill/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesThe former rivals were at it again on social media recently. The rivalry between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones will go down as one of the most storied feuds in UFC history. The former UFC light heavyweight champions tangled twice inside the Octagon and once outside of it. Around each of their fights there was a laundry list of controversies and verbal spats. So […]
- Spinning Back Clique: State of UFC heavyweight division after busy Februaryby MMA Junkie Staff on March 2, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Check out the latest edition of Spinning Back Clique, where the panel offers their biggest takeaways regarding UFC heavyweights and more.
- Dan Hardy calls out Nick Diaz for comeback fightby Mike Heck on March 2, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesDan Hardy may have lost out an ideal matchup for his return, but he has quickly moved on to somebody else that’s potentially planning a comeback. This past month, Hardy and Matt Brown had been going back and forth on social media in hopes of setting up a fight. On Monday, MMA Fighting was first to report that Brown is set to face Dhiego Lima at the UFC’s June 19 event. With Brown out of the picture for the time being, Hardy took to […]
- Dustin Poirier on his one regret from fighting Khabib Nurmagomedov by MMA Fighting Newswire on March 2, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Esther Lin, MMA FightingFor a few tense seconds, Dustin Poirier had the undisputed UFC lightweight title in his sights. Poirier’s guillotine choke had champ Khabib Nurmagomedov in trouble in the second round of their UFC 242 title unifier in September 2019. What happened in the middle of that sequence perhaps left the former interim champ with a lifetime of what-ifs. “I just know how close it was,” Poirier told Joe Rogan on “The Joe Rogan Experience.” “A game of inches, and I know […]
- DC Fires Back At Jones: “You’re Just As Dumb As You’ve Always Been”by Clyde Aidoo on March 2, 2021 at 5:00 pm
As predicted, Daniel Cormier has issued a strong response to Jon Jones’s latest attack against him. The feud between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier is sure to flare up unexpectedly during the course of the year like a case of bad allergies. The first exchange of 2021 was brought about by Cormier criticizing Jon Jones’s
- Brooks felt ‘bitter’ after Chandler’s recent win: ‘I can beat these guys’by Harry Davies on March 2, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Will Brooks at UFC 210, where he fought Charles Oliveira. | Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesUFC flop Will Brooks believes he can still hang with the top contenders at 155-pounds. Seeing Michael Chandler excel in his UFC debut last month against Dan Hooker was a tough watch for Will Brooks. Brooks (20-5-1) is the only man to hold two victories over Chandler, defeating him twice in 2014 to capture the interim and undisputed Bellator lightweight titles. Sadly for Brooks, […]
- MacDonald Vs Michaud Headliner Set For April 29by Jesse Holland on March 2, 2021 at 4:55 pm
PFLFormer UFC welterweight title contender Rory MacDonald will make his PFL debut when he collides with 170-pound veteran David Michaud in the promotion’s April 29 main event, though a city and venue have yet to be revealed. “Red King” (21-6-1), who parted ways with Bellator MMA back in late 2019, is part of a $1 million welterweight tournament that includes rough-and-tumble veterans like Ray Cooper III and Magomed Magomedov, among others. Michaud (18-6), himself a UFC veteran, is 3-2 for […]
- Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov says he steered UFC’s Khamzat Chimaev away from retirementby Nolan King on March 2, 2021 at 4:35 pm
Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov says Khamzat Chimaev realized the importance of his fighting career during a phone conversation they had.
- Joe Rogan Not Counting Out Conor McGregor In Dustin Poirier Trilogyby Cole Shelton on March 2, 2021 at 4:30 pm
Joe Rogan believes Conor McGregor could make the necessary adjustments to beat Dustin Poirier in the trilogy. In the rematch at UFC 257, Poirier proved his chin at lightweight was much better as he took some solid shots and kept walking forward. He also had a plan on using calf kicks, which did a ton
- Jon Jones responds with UFC 214 head kick clip after Daniel Cormier questions his power at heavyweightby MMA Fighting Newswire on March 2, 2021 at 4:30 pm
Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones | Esther Lin, MMA FightingAdd another entry to the Jon Jones-Daniel Cormier rivalry. The latest spat between the two arose after Cormier commented on whether he thinks Jones will be a fight-finisher as he makes the move from light heavyweight to heavyweight. On ESPN’s DC & Helwani show, Cormier doubted that Jones will have knockout power north of 205 pounds. “Jon Jones will not knock out anybody,” Cormier said. “He doesn’t hit hard enough. If he […]
- Sterling: Pull-out Pete Used To Fighting ‘Old Men’by Jesse Holland on March 2, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesReigning UFC bantamweight titleholder Petr Yan will (finally) defend his 135-pound strap against No. 1-ranked division contender Aljamain Sterling at the UFC 259 pay-per-view (PPV) event, scheduled for this Sat. night (March 6, 2021) at APEX in Las Vegas. For Sterling, this bout will give “No Mercy” the opportunity to prove he’s the real deal and not just the guy who was in the right place at the right time. The loss of TJ Dillashaw back in […]
- Khabib Opens Up About The Stress Of Being In The Public Eyeby Cole Shelton on March 2, 2021 at 4:03 pm
Khabib Nurmagomedov didn’t like being in the public eye all that much. Nurmagomedov, who retired after he submitted Justin Gaethje, has taken a step back from the MMA world. Although he runs his own promotion and Dana White wants him to return, “The Eagle” is focused on his teammates and coaching them to be a
- PFL 2021, Week 2: Rory MacDonald set for debut as welterweight, light heavyweight seasons beginby Simon Head on March 2, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Former Bellator welterweight champion Rory MacDonald will make his PFL debut against 2019 season runner-up David Michaud on April 29.
- I’ve got the ‘passport to Crazy Land’ – Holloway explains champ mindsetby Milan Ordoñez on March 2, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLCMax Holloway takes a deep dive into what sets champions apart from everybody else. Over the last seven years of his career, Max Holloway has managed to rise above the rest of the UFC’s featherweight division. And just by looking at his body of work, you will see what sets him apart from the rest of his fellow elite 145-pounders. You can point to his specific abilities or overall fighting style as the keys for the “Blessed” one’s success. But as Holloway […]
- Rory MacDonald Makes PFL Debut, Headlines April 29 Event vs. David Michaudby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on March 2, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Rory MacDonald will finally make his highly-anticipated Professional Fighters League debut in the main event of the promotion’s April 29 event against David Michaud.
- Israel Adesanya Promises To Return To 185 & Keep Division Movingby Clyde Aidoo on March 2, 2021 at 3:54 pm
Israel Adesanya has offered some words of reassurance to his middleweight peers. UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya will try to turn in another classic performance when he challenges Jan Blachowicz for the light heavyweight title in the UFC 259 main event this Saturday. There has been speculation during the lead-up to this fight as to
- Boy In The Hoodby Jesse Holland on March 2, 2021 at 3:52 pm
Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesGather ‘round the campfire boys and girls, because former UFC middleweight champion Luke Rockhold, who once “viciously kicked” a homeless zombie woman on the streets of Los Angeles, is back with another tall tale from the “City of Angels.” Turns out Rockhold and his squad of surf bros ventured into the “ghetto” to steal back his friend’s car, which had gone missing in Tulum. And just like an episode of The A-Team, Johnny […]
- Matt Brown Scheduled To Face Dhiego Lima (Not Dan Hardy) On June 19by Clyde Aidoo on March 2, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Matt Brown will not be waiting on Dan Hardy before stepping into the Octagon again, as the UFC veteran has booked a fight against Dhiego Lima on June 19. Last week, there were reports of Matt Brown and Dan Hardy agreeing to fight one another. The only thing that seemed to stand in the way of
- Israel Adesanya won’t leave middleweights hanging if he wins second belt at UFC 259by Mike Bohn on March 2, 2021 at 3:15 pm
“I’ll definitely go back down to 185, but then I have something else in my head that might interest me.”
- Matt Brown vs. Dhiego Lima set for UFC’s June 19 eventby Farah Hannoun on March 2, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Welterweights Matt Brown and Dhiego Lima will look to rebound when they square off on June 19.
- UFC 259: Blachowicz vs. Adesanya alternative statsby Paul Gift on March 2, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Israel Adesanya, the middleweight champion who will try to capture his second title Saturday in the UFC 259 main event. | Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLCA detailed breakdown of the position-by-position statistics to watch out for in Saturday’s UFC 259 fight card from Las Vegas. Three belts will on the line this Saturday night – COVID willing – for just the seventh time in the UFC’s 20-year history under the Zuffa banner. In the main event, middleweight champion Israel Adesanya moves up […]
- Brown Draws Lima For UFC Returnby Jesse Holland on March 2, 2021 at 2:46 pm
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesSo much for that “Outlaw” fight. Longtime UFC welterweight Matt Brown will try to snap a two-fight losing streak when he battles fellow hot-and-cold MMA veteran Dhiego Lima at the promotion’s upcoming combat sports event on June 19 at a city and venue to be determined. That’s according to a report from MMA Fighting. Brown (22-18), who turned 40 back in January, dropped a unanimous decision to former interim welterweight champion […]
- Adesanya Pleads With Paulo Costa To Accept “He Got His Ass Whooped”by Clyde Aidoo on March 2, 2021 at 2:20 pm
After laughing off Paulo Costa’s recent explanation for why he lost at UFC 253, Israel Adesanya offered the Brazilian some straightforward advice. In the main event of UFC 253, Israel Adesanya came away with a one-sided victory over Paulo Costa. After picking Costa apart with a variety of strikes, Adesanya brought the fight to a
- Bellator free fight: Relive Aaron Pico’s vicious knockout win at Bellator 252by Simon Head on March 2, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Recap the action from Uncasville as Aaron Pico scored a resounding knockout win over John DeJesus at Bellator 252
- Video: Canelo boots two Jake Paul fans out of the ringby Tim Bissell on March 2, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Canelo Alvarez celebrates his win over Callum Smith. | Handout Photo-USA TODAY SportsCanelo Alvarez had to deal with a couple of photo-bombers after his win over Avni Yildirim this weekend. Canelo Alvarez made short work of Avni Yildirim over the weekend, retaining his WBA (Super), WBC and The Ring super middleweight titles after his opponent retired at the end of the third round. As he was about to give his in-ring interview, Alvarez had to contend with two more individuals who seemed intent […]
- Cage Warriors announces welterweight title tournament; semifinals set for March 19by Simon Head on March 2, 2021 at 1:45 pm
Cage Warriors 121 will feature two semifinal tournament bouts as the promotion looks to crown a new welterweight champion in 2021.
- Dana White Denies Khamzat Chimaev’s Retirement Following Cryptic Social Media Postby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on March 2, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Lingering effects from COVID-19 continue to take their toll on Khamzat Chimaev.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov opens up about stresses of life in public eye: ‘It’s very hard to live like this’by Farah Hannoun on March 2, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Five months after hanging up his gloves, it appears Khabib Nurmagomedov is still content with his decision.
- Four-Man Welterweight Tournament Begins at Cage Warriors 121 on March 19by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on March 2, 2021 at 1:17 pm
Cage Warriors will begin its journey to crown a new 170-pound champion with the semifinals of a welterweight tournament on March 19.
- Mateusz Gamrot vs. Scott Holtzman added to UFC Fight Night on April 10by Farah Hannoun on March 2, 2021 at 1:00 pm
A lightweight matchup between Mateusz Gamrot and Scott Holtzman is the latest addition to UFC Fight Night on April 10.
- Video: UFC 259 ‘Countdown’ for Petr Yan vs. Aljamain Sterlingby Simon Head on March 2, 2021 at 12:45 pm
Did you miss the debut of UFC 259 “Countdown” or just want to watch it again? Check out the main card title fight preview now.
- Coach: Ciryl Gane plenty impressive even if not entertaining, but will make proper adjustmentsby John Morgan on March 2, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Fernand Lopez understands the criticism of Ciryl Gane but believes there were positives to take away from his pupil’s first UFC headliner.
- Jon Jones Relentless Trolls Cormier After KO Power Criticismby Clyde Aidoo on March 2, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Jon Jones was not going to let Daniel Cormier’s recent criticism of his knockout abilities go unaddressed. No two fighters in the history of the UFC have had more bickering, arguments, and outright conflict than Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier. It doesn’t matter if the last time they fought was over three years ago. It
- Alexander Hernandez Believes He Won ‘2.5 Rounds’ vs. Thiago Moises at UFC Fight Night 186by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on March 2, 2021 at 10:50 am
Upon further review, Alexander Hernandez believes he deserved to win his lightweight clash with Thiago Moises at UFC Fight Night 186.
- After Mentioning Retirement, Amanda Nunes Motivated by Motherhood Ahead of UFC 259by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on March 2, 2021 at 6:41 am
Shortly after vanquishing Felicia Spencer at UFC 250 last June, Amanda Nunes raised eyebrows by mentioning the word “retirement.”
- Marcus Almeida Set for MMA Debut Against Ji Won Kang at One on TNT 1 on April 7by email@example.com (Marcelo Alonso) on March 2, 2021 at 6:20 am
Thirteen-time world jiu-jitsu champion Marcus Almeida will finally make his MMA debut on April 7 against South Korean Ji Won Kang under the One Championship banner.
- Midnight Mania (Interview)! Not-Exposed Nunes Ready For GDR Trilogyby Andrew Richardson on March 2, 2021 at 5:00 am
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLCBringing you the weird and wild from the world of MMA each and every weeknight! Welcome to Midnight Mania! While capturing two title simultaneously is an incredible accomplishment and monumental task in itself, defending both straps is perhaps an even greater challenge. One is forced to always look further passed the current challenger, as there is never a truly calm path ahead so long as the double champ is responsible for defending the belts. Amanda Nunes is […]
- Jon Jones issues reminder to Daniel Cormier after rival questions knockout powerby Mike Bohn on March 2, 2021 at 4:30 am
The rivalry between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier has been reignited.
- Daniel Cormier, Khabib Nurmagomedov Offer High Praise for UFC 259’s Islam Makhachevby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on March 2, 2021 at 4:18 am
Those within the American Kickboxing Academy camp have high expectations for Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight Islam Makhachev.
- Chimaev Says He’s Done, White Says Otherwiseby Adam Guillen Jr. on March 2, 2021 at 4:01 am
Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLCIn a stunning turn of events no one saw coming, it appeared as if Khamzat Chimaev had retired from mixed martial arts (MMA) after he posted a curious message on Instagram, suggesting he was “done” before thanking his team, as well as Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). “I want to thank you all so much for supporting me in my journey in this sport,” he wrote on social media. “I think I’m done. Yes, I know I didn’t take the belt but it is not the most […]
- UFC 259 free fight: Amanda Nunes steamrolls Ronda Rousey in first bantamweight title defenseby Farah Hannoun on March 2, 2021 at 4:00 am
Ahead of her title defense against Megan Anderson at UFC 259, relive Amanda Nunes’ finish of Ronda Rousey at UFC 207.
- Dana White: Khamzat Chimaev emotional but not retiring, expected to return in Juneby John Morgan on March 2, 2021 at 3:35 am
It seems Khamzat Chimaev may not be done fighting just yet, after all, and could still return to the octagon in June.
- Predictions! UFC 259 ‘Prelims’ Preview – Pt. 1by Patrick L. Stumberg on March 2, 2021 at 3:00 am
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLCUltimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is bringing more “Prelims” fights to ESPN and ESPN+ this weekend (Sat., March 6, 2021) when UFC 259: “Blachowicz vs. Adesanya” returns to UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada. MMAmania.com’s Patrick Stumberg kicks off the UFC 259 “Prelims” party with the first installment of a two-part undercard preview series below. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) pulls out all the stops for its second pay-per-view (PPV) of 2021 […]
- MMA Junkie’s ‘Knockout of the Month’ for February: A flying knee for the agesby MMA Junkie Staff on March 2, 2021 at 2:20 am
With another action-packed month of MMA in the books, MMA Junkie looks at the best knockouts from February 2021.
- Magomed Ankalaev Admits UFC Fight Night 186 Triumph Was ‘A Little Boring’by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on March 2, 2021 at 12:48 am
On paper, the UFC Fight Night 186 co-main event looked to be one of Saturday’s most entertaining pairings.
- Dustin Poirier: Conor McGregor Trilogy ‘Makes a Lot of Sense and a Lot of Money’by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on March 2, 2021 at 12:23 am
All signs still seem to be pointing toward a trilogy bout between Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor later this year.
- Watch Petr Yan annihilate Jose Aldo to win bantamweight title | UFC 259 free fightby MMAWeekly.com Staff on March 1, 2021 at 11:05 pm
Petr Yan captured the bantamweight title when he defeated Jose Aldo UFC 251 last year on Fight Island. Yan makes his first title defense against top contender Aljamain Sterling at UFC 259 on Saturday, March 6, at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. UFC 259 features three world title bouts. Headlining the fight card is a match between champions. Middleweight titleholder Israel Adesanya moves up to the light heavyweight division to take on champion Jan Blachowicz. In the UFC 259 co-main event, […]
- UFC 259 Embedded: Fight week kicks offby MMAWeekly.com Staff on March 1, 2021 at 7:19 pm
UFC 259 Embedded features the fighters from Saturday’s championship tripleheader pay-per-view event at The Apex in Las Vegas. Middleweight champ Israel Adesanya challenges light heavyweight titleholder Jan Blachowicz in the main event. The UFC 259 co-main event sees Amanda Nunes put her featherweight title on the line against Megan Anderson. And bantamweight beltholder Petr Yan defends against Aljamain Sterling in a third title fight. UFC light heavyweight champ Jan Blachowicz celebrates […]
- Zhang Weili expected to defend belt against Rose Namajunas at UFC 261by Ken Pishna on March 1, 2021 at 6:48 pm
UFC strawweight champion Zhang Weili is expected to next defend her belt against former champion Rose Namajunas at UFC 261. Multiple sources confirmed that a bout between Zhang and Namajunas had been agreed upon, although contracts had yet to be finalized. ESPN was the first to report the bout. If it comes together as expected, the bout would take place on April 24. This would be on the same fight card that is expected to feature UFC flyweight champion Valentina Shevchenko defending […]
- UFC 259 Countdown: Jan Blachowicz vs. Israel Adesanyaby MMAWeekly.com Staff on March 1, 2021 at 4:58 pm
UFC 259 Countdown highlights the three championship match-ups coming up on Saturday, March 6. The main event features middleweight king Israel Adesanya moving up to battle light heavyweight champ Jan Blachowicz in the main event. Watch these two athletes prepare for their bout. (Video courtesy of UFC) TRENDING > Dustin Poirier tells Joe Rogan it doesn’t make sense to fight Conor McGregor for UFC title
- UFC 259 Countdown: Amanda Nunes vs. Megan Andersonby MMAWeekly.com Staff on March 1, 2021 at 4:58 pm
UFC 259 Countdown highlights the three championship match-ups coming up on Saturday, March 6. The co-main event features dual-division champion Amanda Nunes putting her featherweight title on the line opposite Megan Anderson. Watch these two athletes prepare for their bout. (Video courtesy of UFC) TRENDING > Dustin Poirier tells Joe Rogan it doesn’t make sense to fight Conor McGregor for UFC title
- UFC 259 Countdown: Petr Yan vs. Aljamain Sterlingby MMAWeekly.com Staff on March 1, 2021 at 4:58 pm
UFC 259 Countdown highlights the three championship match-ups coming up on Saturday, March 6. With two title fights topping the bill, UFC 259 doesn’t skip a beat when Petr Yan puts his UFC bantamweight belt on the line opposite Aljamain Sterling. Watch these two athletes prepare for their bout. (Video courtesy of UFC) TRENDING > Dustin Poirier tells Joe Rogan it doesn’t make sense to fight Conor McGregor for UFC title
- Patrick Mix vs. James Gallagher Booked for Bellator 258 on May 7by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on March 1, 2021 at 11:48 am
Patrick Mix will square off against James Gallagher in a bantamweight showdown at Bellator 258.
- ‘Legit’ Ciryl Gane Says He’s Ready to Pursue UFC Heavyweight Titleby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on March 1, 2021 at 6:10 am
Sometimes it’s easy to forget that Ciryl Gane has only been a professional mixed martial artist for less than three years.
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik Laments ‘Worst Performance Ever’ in UFC Fight Night 186 Main Eventby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on March 1, 2021 at 5:32 am
Jairzinho Rozenstruik had an evening to forget at UFC Fight Night 186.
- Pedro Munhoz Knew What Type of Fight to Expect in Rematch with Jimmie Riveraby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on March 1, 2021 at 5:10 am
After Saturday night, there probably aren’t too many people who would mind seeing a trilogy bout between Pedro Munhoz and Jimmie Rivera.
- Dana White, Jon Jones Critique Lackluster Heavyweight Headliner at UFC Fight Night 186by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on March 1, 2021 at 4:43 am
Neither the UFC president nor the man who plans on capturing heavyweight gold in the near future was particularly impressed with the main event at UFC Fight Night 186.
- Watch Aljamain Sterling submit Cory Sandhagen to earn title shot at UFC 259by MMAWeekly.com Staff on March 1, 2021 at 12:01 am
Aljamain Sterling earned his title shot against bantamweight champion Petr Yan by defeating Cory Sandhagen in a title eliminator bout at UFC 250 in June, 2020. “The Funk Master” and Yan make up the first of three title bouts featured at UFC 259 on Saturday. Headlining the fight card is a match between champions. Middleweight titleholder Israel Adesanya moves up to the light heavyweight division to take on champion Jan Blachowicz. In the co-main event, the women’s pound-for-pound G.O.A.T. […]
- Ciryl Gane responds to Dana White’s comment on fight | UFC Vegas 20by MMAWeekly.com Staff on February 28, 2021 at 7:49 pm
Hear everything Ciryl Gane had to say after defeating Jairzinho Rozenstruik at the UFC Vegas 20 post-fight press conference. Gane was told that UFC president Dana White seemed rather unimpressed by his performance, though Gane dominated Rozenstruik at UFC Vegas 20. In his scrum with reporters, Gane responded to White’s comment. (Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) TRENDING > Jon Jones slams UFC Vegas 20 heavyweights; Francis Ngannou responds
- UFC Vegas 20 Fallout: Heavyweight main event, much of the card falls flatby MMAWeekly.com Staff on February 28, 2021 at 7:43 pm
MMAWeekly’s Jim “Gries” Grieshaber and Jeff Cain break down the weekly news in MMA and talk about the upcoming UFC events in Las Vegas on the UFC Vegas 20 Fallout show. The boys also wrap up UFC Vegas 20: Rozenstruik vs. Gane, where Ciryl Gane put on a striking clinic in his win over Jarzinho Rozenstruik, though it lacked the pop that UFC president Dana White had hoped for, as did the majority of the fight card. (Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) TRENDING > Jon Jones slams […]
- UFC Fight Night 186 Bonuses: Only Three $50,000 Checks Awarded for Decision-Filled Cardby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on February 28, 2021 at 12:51 pm
Only three $50,000 post-fight bonuses were handed out following UFC Fight Night 186 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas on Saturday night.
- Unbeaten Ciryl Gane Decisions Jairzinho Rozenstruik in Tepid UFC Fight Night 186 Headlinerby email@example.com (Brian Knapp) on February 28, 2021 at 7:57 am
Ciryl Gane stays undefeated with unanimous decision over Jairzinho Rozenstruik on Saturday in Las Vegas.
- UFC Fight Night 186 ‘Rozenstruik vs. Gane’ Play-by-Play, Results & Round Scoringby firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) on February 28, 2021 at 7:57 am
Sherdog’s live UFC Fight Night 186 coverage will begin Saturday at 6 p.m. ET.
- UFC Fight Night 186 Prelims: Thiago Moises Passes Alexander Hernandez in 155 Pecking Orderby email@example.com (Brian Knapp) on February 28, 2021 at 7:57 am
Thiago Moises may have punched his ticket to another competitive tax bracket in the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s lightweight division.
- Pedro Munhoz: Wants to re-introduce TJ Dillashaw after UFC Vegas 20 winby MMAWeekly.com Staff on February 28, 2021 at 6:11 am
Hear everything Pedro Munhoz had to say after defeating Jimmie Rivera at the UFC Vegas 20 post-fight press conference. Chief among Munhoz’s comments was that he would now like to welcome former bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw back to the Octagon. Dillashaw just recently became eligible to fight again after serving a two-year USADA suspension. (Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) TRENDING > TJ Dillashaw intends to reclaim UFC bantamweight belt fast
- Alex Caceres: ‘I want to transcend myself’ | UFC Vegas 20by MMAWeekly.com Staff on February 28, 2021 at 5:52 am
Hear everything Alex Caceres had to say after defeating Kevin Croom at the UFC Vegas 10 post-fight press conference. “I want to transcend myself and keep transcending myself. This journey of life never stops.” (Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) TRENDING > TJ Dillashaw intends to reclaim UFC bantamweight belt fast
- UFC Vegas 20 bonuses cut short after lackluster fight cardby MMAWeekly.com Staff on February 28, 2021 at 5:27 am
Though heavyweight Ciryl Gane kept his name near the top of the division, his win over Jairzinho Rozenstruik failed to deliver when it came time to announce the UFC Vegas 20 bonuses. In fact, UFC officials seemed to be less than impressed with the entire fight card, which featured eight decisions over nine bouts. As a result, the promotion issued just three post-fight bonuses instead of the usual four. UFC Vegas 20 Fight of the Night: Pedro Munhoz vs. Jimmie Rivera Though the UFC Vegas […]
- Jon Jones slams UFC Vegas 20 heavyweights; Francis Ngannou respondsby MMAWeekly.com Staff on February 28, 2021 at 5:08 am
Jon Jones took to Twitter to take some jabs at a couple of guys that could potentially be future opponents when he moves to heavyweight. The UFC Vegas 20 main event featured top ranked heavyweights Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Ciryl Gane. Though Gane dominated the fight, putting on a striking clinic, the bout failed to provide the fireworks that most people expected from the two heavyweights… including Jones. Jones turned to Twitter to give his thoughts on the bout, saying, “These boys […]
- UFC Vegas 20 results: Cyril Gane puts on striking clinic in win over Jairzinho Rozenstruikby Hunter Brownstein on February 28, 2021 at 4:42 am
The UFC Vegas 20 results are in, as the UFC heavyweight division continues to take shape at the top end. Number seven ranked Ciryl Gane is likely to move up in the rankings after putting on a dominant performance against number four ranked Jairzinho Rozenstruik on Saturday night. UFC Vegas 20 results: Ciryl Gane cruises to victory over Jairzinho Rozenstruik Gane utilized his reach advantage to successfully and decisively outstrike Rozenstruik from the outside. The Frenchman’s output […]
- Bellator 255 Update: Matt Mitrione to Face Tyrell Fortune on April 2by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on February 28, 2021 at 4:21 am
Matt Mitrione will lock horns with Tyrell Fortune in a heavyweight clash at Bellator 255.
- Strawweights Carla Esparza, Xiaonan Yan to Meet at UFC Event on May 22by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on February 28, 2021 at 4:01 am
A pivotal strawweight showdown between Carla Esparza and Xiaonan Yan is on tap for the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s May 22 card.
- Angela Hill-Ashley Yoder Rematch Postponed Due to COVID Protocols, Moved to March 13by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on February 28, 2021 at 3:42 am
A strawweight clash pitting Angela Hill against Ashley Yoder has been pulled from Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 186 card.
- UFC Vegas 20 Live Results: Rozenstruik vs. Ganeby MMAWeekly.com Staff on February 27, 2021 at 6:25 pm
(Click on the fight below and then scroll down to see in-fight live stats and full results, courtesy of Fight Analytics. Full UFC Vegas 20 live results for the first Rozenstruik vs. Gane bout from The Apex in Las Vegas is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT on Saturday, Feb. 27, on MMAWeekly.com) UFC Vegas 20: Rozenstruik vs. Gane start times UFC Vegas 20 main card start time: 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT on ESPN+UFC Vegas 20 prelims start time: 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT on ESPN+NOTE: To […]
- UFC Vegas 20 loses popular strawweight bout on day of the fightby Ken Pishna on February 27, 2021 at 6:02 pm
UFC Vegas 20 is slated to take place on Saturday in Las Vegas. The heavyweight main event between top contenders Jairzinho Rozenstruik and Ciryl Gane is still set, but the UFC Vegas 20 fight card took a major hit on Saturday. A highly anticipated strawweight battle between the popular Angela Hill and Ashley Yoder was nixed the morning of the event. UFC officials announced that Hill vs. Yoder was removed from the fight card because of COVID-19 safety protocols. MMAFighting sources […]
- UFC Vegas 20 Preview Show: Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Ciryl Ganeby MMAWeekly.com Staff on February 27, 2021 at 5:36 pm
Don’t miss Jim “Gries” Grieshaber and Jeff Cain breaking down UFC Fight Night: Rozenstruik vs Gane, as these heavyweight contenders square off at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. It’s MMAWeekly’s UFC Vegas 20 Preview Show! Jairzinho Rozenstruik and Ciryl Gane will battle it out in the heavyweight main event, looking to keep their names etched at the top of the list when it comes to the UFC heavyweight title picture. The UFC Vegas 20 co-main event features a light heavyweight showdown between […]
- UFC Fight Night 186 Weigh-ins: Grishin Blows Weight; Oliveira-Kuramagomedov Scratchedby email@example.com (Tyler Treese) on February 27, 2021 at 7:59 am
Although typically a formality, the Ultimate Fighting Championship weigh-ins of late have each brought their fair share of drama, this week included.
- Weili Zhang Expected to Defend Title Against Rose Namajunas at UFC 261by firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) on February 27, 2021 at 7:54 am
Should everything come together, an upcoming Ultimate Fighting Championship will be bolstered by a duo of major women’s championship matches.
- Christian Aguilera Welcomes Guyana’s Carlston Harris to the UFC on May 8by email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on February 27, 2021 at 5:01 am
The very first Ultimate Fighting Championship fighter from Guyana will make his way to the Octagon in May.
- Cortney Casey Takes on J.J. Aldrich at UFC Fight Night 187by firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) and email@example.com (Tom Feely) on February 27, 2021 at 3:10 am
A couple weeks before the card will happen, the Ultimate Fighting Championship has added a flyweight matchup.
- Ennahachi Outpoints Superlek, Petrosyan Upends Kiria at One: Fists of Furyby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tudor Leonte) on February 27, 2021 at 2:30 am
The first event in the One Championship “Fists of Fury” trilogy saw most of the fights go the distance.
- TJ Dillashaw intends to reclaim UFC bantamweight belt fastby Hunter Brownstein on February 26, 2021 at 11:00 pm
After finishing up a two-year suspension as a result of testing positive for EPO, former UFC bantamweight champion and flyweight title challenger TJ Dillashaw is set to make his return to the octagon in the near future. Dillashaw spoke with former UFC fighter Mike Swick on his podcast on what could be next for the former 135-pound champion. “There’s been some talks right, but nothing can be announced yet,” Dillashaw said. “I’m in a good situation. I think everyone in the top […]
- Dustin Poirier tells Joe Rogan it doesn’t make sense to fight Conor McGregor for UFC titleby MMAWeekly.com Staff on February 26, 2021 at 7:53 pm
After destroying Conor McGregor with calf kicks at UFC 257, Dustin Poirier is more than willing to run it back again. He doesn’t, however, believe that it should be a fight for the UFC lightweight championship. Poirier lost to McGregor in their first meeting, but dismantled him at UFC 257, finishing the Irishman in the second round. Though Poirier is more than willing to face McGregor for a third time, he doesn’t believe that it should be for the UFC lightweight title, if Khabib […]
- UFC Vegas 20 face-offs: Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Ciryl Ganeby MMAWeekly.com Staff on February 26, 2021 at 7:37 pm
Watch as Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Ciryl Gane, and the other fighters on the card stare each other down at the UFC Vegas 20 face-offs. Rozenstruik and Gane will battle it out in the heavyweight main event, looking to keep their names etched at the top of the list when it comes to the UFC heavyweight title picture. The UFC Vegas 20 co-main event features a light heavyweight showdown between Nikita Krylov and Magomed Ankalaev. (Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) TRENDING > UFC […]
- UFC Vegas 20 weigh-in results: Rozenstruik vs. Gane set; one fighter blows weight, one bout canceledby Ken Pishna on February 26, 2021 at 7:03 pm
The UFC Vegas 20 weigh-in results are in the books following Friday’s official tipping of the scales at the Apex in Las Vegas. Heavyweight contenders Jairzinho Rozenstruik and Ciryl Gane square off in the UFC Vegas 20 main event, looking to take the next step toward title contention. Rozenstruik currently sits at No. 4 in the UFC heavyweight rankings, while Gane is ranked No. 7. The winner won’t move into an immediate shot at the belt, as champion Stipe Miocic is currently slated to fight […]
- UFC Vegas 20 weigh-in video: Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Ciryl Ganeby MMAWeekly.com Staff on February 26, 2021 at 5:07 pm
Watch the UFC Vegas 20 weigh-in video, live on MMAWeekly.com on Friday, Feb. 26, at 12 p.m. ET / 9 a.m. PT. Heavyweight contenders Jairzinho Rozenstruik and Ciryl Gane square off, looking to take the next step toward title contention. Rozenstruik currently sits at No. 4 in the UFC heavyweight rankings, while Gane is ranked No. 7. The winner won’t move into an immediate shot at the belt, as champion Stipe Miocic is currently slated to fight Francis Ngannou with the winner expected to […]
- Jeremy Stephens Returns to Lightweight Against Drakkar Klose at UFC Fight Night on April 17by email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on February 26, 2021 at 9:13 am
A longtime Ultimate Fighting Championship vet is returning to the weight class where he started his career.
- Impa Kasanganay Drops to Welterweight, Meets Sasha Palatnikov at April 10 UFC Cardby firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) on February 26, 2021 at 8:48 am
The recipient of an all-time great Ultimate Fighting Championship knockout has decided to change weight classes following that spectacular defeat.
- Three Bouts Including Usman Nurmagomedov-Mike Hamel Added to Bellator 255by email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on February 26, 2021 at 8:10 am
Bellator MMA is building up its 2021 return in a solid way, with multiple names from famous fighting families on its first show back.
- Andrea Lee, Antonina Shevchenko to Square Off at UFC 262by firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) on February 26, 2021 at 6:45 am
Two Ultimate Fighting Championship flyweights keen on working their way up the division will meet in May.
- PFL Completes 60-Fighter Roster for 2021 Season Including Gleison Tibau, Kaitlin Youngby email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on February 26, 2021 at 3:11 am
The Professional Fighters League has finalized its divisions for its upcoming 2021 season.
- Preparing for PFL Debut, Boxer Claressa Shields Shares Wisdom for Conor McGregorby firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) on February 26, 2021 at 2:31 am
Current boxing champ and upcoming Professional Fighters League competitor Claressa Shields weighed in on several MMA topics including Conor McGregor.
- UFC Fight Night 186 Loses William Knight vs. Alonzo Menifield Due to COVID-19by email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on February 26, 2021 at 1:32 am
The Ultimate Fighting Championship has lost a thriller of a matchup days before it was set to go down.
- Deiveson Figueiredo-Brandon Moreno Title Rematch on Tap for UFC 263 on June 12by firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) on February 26, 2021 at 1:11 am
A highly anticipated Ultimate Fighting Championship rematch is on the books for June.
- Rankings Review: Heavyweight shake-upby Peter Parsons on February 25, 2021 at 9:51 pm
It might be an understatement to say the UFC has some questionable rankings. You would expect rankings to be questionable as they are subjective; however, in this column, I will point out rankings that I think are glaring mistakes.Editorial Commentary by Peter Parsons This past Saturday was a big night for heavyweights in the UFC with a heavyweight main event that was one of four heavyweight fights in total. It was clear that Derrick Lewis would move up two spots to take the No. 2 ranking […]
- Gillian Robertson vs. Miranda Maverick Rescheduled for UFC 260 on March 27by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on February 25, 2021 at 5:43 am
A women’s flyweight clash between Gillian Robertson and Miranda Maverick has been rebooked for UFC 260.
- UFC Fight Night on May 8 Gets Maurice Greene-Marcos Rogerio de Lima Pairingby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on February 25, 2021 at 5:30 am
Maurice Greene will meet Marcos Rogerio de Lima in a heavyweight scrap at an Ultimate Fighting Championship event on May 8.
- Middleweights Sean Strickland, Krzysztof Jotko to Clash at UFC Event on May 1by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on February 25, 2021 at 4:27 am
A middleweight showdown pitting Sean Strickland against Krzysztof Jotko has been added to the UFC’s May 1 lineup.
- Patricky Freire Hopes Bellator Makes Decision on Status of Lightweight Belt Soonby firstname.lastname@example.org (Marcelo Alonso) on February 25, 2021 at 1:24 am
Patricky Freire, the older brother of the Bellator double champion Patricio Freire, is anxiously awaiting a decision from the organization concerning his next challenge.
- Valentina Shevchenko to Defend Flyweight Crown vs. Jessica Andrade at UFC 261by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on February 25, 2021 at 1:06 am
Valentina Shevchenko will defend her flyweight belt against former 115-pound champion Jessica Andrade at UFC 261.
- Ex-Champ T.J. Dillashaw Gives Petr Yan Slight Edge Over Aljamain Sterling at UFC 259by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on February 25, 2021 at 12:51 am
T.J. Dillashaw believes Petr Yan will retain his bantamweight crown against Aljamain Sterling, but he also says the challenger has a style that could cause problems for the reigning champion.
- Sage Northcutt vs. Shinya Aoki, Atomweight Grand Prix Set for One’s April 28 Eventby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on February 25, 2021 at 12:16 am
Sage Northcutt will return to active competition for the first time since May 2019 when he locks horns with Shinya Aoki at One Championship’s April 28 event.
- Injury Forces Blagoy Ivanov Out of UFC 260 Matchup vs. Marcin Tyburaby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on February 24, 2021 at 10:10 am
An undisclosed injury has forced Blagoy Ivanov to withdraw from a proposed heavyweight clash against Marcin Tybura at UFC 260.
- Curtis Blaydes Says ‘My Head’s Still Held High’ Following Knockout Loss to Derrick Lewisby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on February 24, 2021 at 9:51 am
Curtis Blaydes isn’t going to dwell on his knockout loss to Derrick Lewis at UFC Fight Night 185.
- Holly Holm Joins Broadcast Team for Claressa Shields’ Boxing Match on March 5by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on February 24, 2021 at 9:39 am
Former UFC and boxing champion Holly Holm will be part of the broadcast team for Claressa Shields’ next fight.
- Ramazan Kuramagomedov Steps in to Face Alex Oliveira at UFC Fight Night 186by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on February 24, 2021 at 4:16 am
Ramazan Kuramagomedov will replace Randy Brown and meet Alex Oliveira at UFC Fight Night 186 on Saturday.
- UFC Fight Night 185 Medical Suspensions: Derrick Lewis Faces Possible 6-Month Layoffby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on February 23, 2021 at 4:16 pm
Derrick Lewis could be sidelined for up to six months following his second-round knockout victory over Curtis Blaydes in the UFC Fight Night 185 main event.