News Feed from the best MMA Sites
- Conor McGregor facing charges after allegedly punching Italian DJ in Romeby Nolan King on October 21, 2021 at 3:10 pm
Francesco Facchinetti said of Conor McGregor: “The world needs to know the fact that he is dangerous.”
- It’s Easy To Bark When You’re In A Safe Placeby Adam Guillen Jr. on October 21, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLCJan Blachowicz and Corey Anderson still can’t seem to get along. The two ultra-talented Light Heavyweight veterans recently got into a Twitter spat after Blachowicz — UFC’s reigning 205-pound champion — took exception with remarks Anderson made about him shortly after scoring a knockout win over Ryan Bader at Bellator 268. Claiming to be the best 205-pound fighter on the planet, Anderson claimed he looked past Anderson in their rematch back in Feb. 2020, […]
- Joanna Jędrzejczyk Just Got Even More Deadlyby Nicole Bosco on October 21, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Joanna Jędrzejczyk was already a dominant fighter, but after moving up a belt in BJJ, she is now even more dangerous. Recently Joanna Jędrzejczyk’s name has been in the mouths of the top UFC strawweights. She has been called out to fight and criticized for her lack of activity. It seems that even though Jędrzejczyk Continue Reading Joanna Jędrzejczyk Just Got Even More Deadly at MMA News.
- UFC’s Kevin Lee suspended for Adderall useby Tim Bissell on October 21, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Kevin Lee before his fight with Charles Oliveira at a UFC Fight Night in Brazil. | Photo by Buda Mendes/Zuffa LLCNevada has handed Lee a temporary suspension for use of a popular ADHD medication. According to MMA Fighting UFC lightweight Kevin Lee has been placed on temporary suspension by the Nevada Athletic Commission after testing positive for Adderall. Adderall is an amphetamine and a banned substance in Nevada. It is a widely used medication for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder […]
- Junior dos Santos: UFC threatened to cut me if I turned down fights with Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Cyril Ganeby Guilherme Cruz on October 21, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Junior dos Santos lost many sponsorship deals when the UFC-Reebok deal kicked in. | Esther Lin, MMA FightingJunior Dos Santos made his pro wrestling debut under the All Elite Wrestling banner this past weekend and hasn’t felt this happy in a long, long time. Speaking on this week’s episode of MMA Fighting’s Portuguese-language podcast Trocação Franca, the former UFC heavyweight champion opened up on his final run in the company, where everything felt “forced and really weird.” […]
- ‘F*cking frustrated’ from injury layoff, Jessica-Rose Clark wants to inflict pain on Joselyn Edwardsby Farah Hannoun on October 21, 2021 at 2:50 pm
Jessica-Rose Clark plans on taking out all of her built-up frustration on her opponent at UFC Fight Night 196.
- Clay Guida vs. Leonardo Santos added to UFC on ESPN 31 on Dec. 4by Farah Hannoun on October 21, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Lightweight veterans Clay Guida and Leonardo Santos will battle in December.
- Why Francis Ngannou’s toughest opponent is a UFC contractby John S. Nash on October 21, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLCIf UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou wants to fight out his contract he’ll face some difficult hurdles. Over the years, more than a few UFC champions have had disputes with the promotion. From Tito Ortiz almost boxing Dana White, Randy Couture resigning from the promotion to try and get a fight with Fedor Emelianenko, Georges St-Pierre getting berated by White for not defending the title on the UFC’s schedule, to Jon Jones holding out for a bigger purse, […]
- DJ Officially Files Charges Against McGregorby Adam Guillen Jr. on October 21, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Photo by Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagicIt looks like Conor McGregor has another legal battle on his hands. Francesco Facchinetti — the Italian DJ and television personality who accused “Notorious” of punching him in a nightclub in Rome a few days ago — has officially pressed charges. During a recent statement to CNN, Facchinetti said he decided to press charges against the former champ-champ, “because the world needs to know the fact that he is dangerous,” before adding that he […]
- Usman Responds To Covington’s Claim That The UFC Nearly Stripped Himby Clyde Aidoo on October 21, 2021 at 2:00 pm
UFC Welterweight Champion Kamaru Usman says he is looking forward to fighting Colby Covington again, regardless of what his adversary would have you believe. At UFC 268, Usman and Covington will clash in a sequel of their 2019 classic. It took two years to get these elite welterweights back in the cage together, and Covington Continue Reading Usman Responds To Covington’s Claim That The UFC Nearly Stripped Him at MMA News.
- We Got Next: Jake Hadley and Joseph Holmesby Mike Heck on October 21, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLCOn the fifth episode of We Got Next, MMA Fighting’s Mike Heck speaks with new UFC flyweight Jake Hadley (2:53) after earning a contract on Dana White’s Contender Series with a second-round submission win over Mitch Raposo despite missing weight, talks how it all feels a week or so later, what led to the first weight miss of his career and how it was handled, the issues White stated Hadley had with UFC staff during fight week, thoughts on his performance over […]
- DWCS 44 winner Caio Borralho on how second opportunity for UFC deal came aboutby Farah Hannoun on October 21, 2021 at 1:20 pm
Second time was the charm for Caio Borralho, who needed two stints on Dana White’s Contender Series to earn a UFC contract.
- Fighter On Fighter! Breaking Down ‘The Italian Dream!’by Andrew Richardson on October 21, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesMiddleweight bruiser, Marvin Vettori, will throw down opposite fellow brawler, Paulo Costa, this Saturday (Oct. 23, 2021) at UFC Vegas 41 inside UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. We think. Vettori seemingly walks around in a fairly permanent state of frustration, but at the moment at least, his current feelings are understandable. In 2018, Vettori came close to defeating Israel Adesanya, but the decision didn’t go his way. For the next […]
- Fedor May Retire After Tim Johnson Fight, Has One Fight Left On Contractby Derek Hall on October 21, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Fedor Emelianenko may be walking away after his fight with Tim Johnson, or he might fight out his Bellator contract. There is not much to be said about Fedor that has not already been said. The Russian MMA legend has been competing since the turn of the century, and despite more than two decades and Continue Reading Fedor May Retire After Tim Johnson Fight, Has One Fight Left On Contract at MMA News.
- Matt Brown argues public ‘overreacting’ to Aspen Ladd head coach: ‘Poor cornering,’ but ‘I don’t think he was being abusive’by Damon Martin on October 21, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLCMatt Brown has issues with the way Jim West offered advice to Aspen Ladd during her fight at UFC Vegas 40, but not in the way most might suspect. The main event ended with Ladd dropping a unanimous decision to Norma Dumont. Perhaps the biggest storyline afterward was the way West, Ladd’s coach and boyfriend, spoke to his fighter between rounds. At one point, he bluntly told Ladd, “Please tell me what you’re doing … you have to get into the f*cking […]
- I don’t know the truth – White on McGregor’s alleged assault caseby Milan Ordoñez on October 21, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Dana White and Conor McGregor at the UFC 264 weigh-ins. | Photo by Stacy Revere/Getty ImagesUFC President Dana White refuses to speak about Conor McGregor’s recent assault allegations. New day, new assault allegations, same old storyline. This week, UFC star Conor McGregor was allegedly caught in another physical altercation with a musician, this time involving Italian DJ Francesco Facchinetti. According to Facchinetti, McGregor supposedly punched him for no reason while they were hanging […]
- Piera Rodriguez wants UFC debut ASAP despite injuries sustained in DWCS 44 winby Farah Hannoun on October 21, 2021 at 12:40 pm
Despite getting a little banged up in her Dana White’s Contender Series 44 win, Piera Rodriguez is hoping for a quick turnaround.
- UFC Fight Night 197 official poster: Max Holloway, Yair Rodriguez vie for title contentionby Farah Hannoun on October 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Check out the official poster for UFC Fight Night 197, featuring a pivotal featherweight clash between Max Holloway and Yair Rodriguez.
- Morning Report: Jessica-Rose Clark says Dominick Cruz’s call out of Hans Molenkamp ‘put all of us on the chopping block’by Jed Meshew on October 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLCEarlier this year, following his win over Casey Kenney at UFC 259, former UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz made headlines by calling out Monster Energy business development representative Hans Molenkamp. Monster is a longtime sponsor of the UFC and several of its fighters and Cruz went on to explain that his beef with Molenkamp was based on Molenkamp allegedly making unreasonable demands on fighters backed by the threat of withholding sponsorship money. […]
- Israel Adesanya Calls Paulo Costa ‘Broken’ Ahead Of UFC Vegas 41by Curtis Calhoun on October 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm
UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya doesn’t think Paulo Costa is up to the task ahead of his fight against Marvin Vettori at UFC Vegas 41. Costa vs. Vettori is an important fight in the UFC’s middleweight division, as both fighters look to earn another shot at Adesanya. Both fighters have similar styles and are both Continue Reading Israel Adesanya Calls Paulo Costa ‘Broken’ Ahead Of UFC Vegas 41 at MMA News.
- WTF? Watch three Wing Chun fighters try to fight kickboxersby Victor Rodriguez on October 21, 2021 at 11:30 am
WTF – Wing Chun outgunned, more outdoor MMA and Senegalese highlights | Fight Commentary Breakdowns / YouTubeThem Ip Man movies are still great, though. As usual, we start with Jerry again! Fight Commentary Breakdowns returns to the bread-and-butter format of traditional martial artists taking on different challenges, and this week we’ve got three separate Wing Chun practitioners going up against kickboxers and Sanda specialists. It does not go well for Team Wing Chun: The first guy gets […]
- DJ presses charges on McGregor: The world needs to know he’s dangerousby Milan Ordoñez on October 21, 2021 at 10:00 am
Conor McGregor during his UFC 264 headliner with Dustin Poirier. | Photo By Thomas King/Sportsfile via Getty ImagesItalian DJ Francesco Facchinetti has decided to press charges on Conor McGregor for alleged assault. Italian DJ Francesco Facchinetti has officially pressed charges on UFC superstar Conor McGregor. This stems from the recent incident involving the two parties where McGregor allegedly punched Facchinetti while they were hanging out at a hotel in Rome on Saturday. Facchinetti, […]
- Video: Gordon Ryan submits UFC fighter 4 times, Musumeci debuts ‘Mikey Lock’by Danny O’Donnell on October 21, 2021 at 7:29 am
Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesGordon returns in exhibition match against UFC fighter Philip Rowe Who’s Number One returned on Wednesday, October 20th with a card headlined by an exhibition match between Gordon Ryan and UFC welterweight Philip Rowe. In the first event following the WNO Championships in late September, three more WNO belts were on the line. The event also featured undercard matchups with some of the sports top up and coming competitors. Gordon shows off […]
- Kevin Lee Apologizes After Testing Positive for Banned Stimulant, Shares Issues with Sobrietyby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 21, 2021 at 4:54 am
Kevin Lee received a temporary suspension from the Nevada State Athletic Commission after testing positive for a banned stimulant.
- Set for Quick Return at UFC 269, Bruno Silva Recounts Challenging Path to the Octagonby firstname.lastname@example.org (Marcelo Alonso) on October 21, 2021 at 4:21 am
After two impressive wins in the UFC’s middleweight division, former M-1 champion Bruno Silva is slated to return to the Octagon in less than two months.
- Midnight Mania! Lee Fails Drug Test, Issues Statementby Andrew Richardson on October 21, 2021 at 4:00 am
Photo by Buda Mendes/Zuffa LLCBringing you the weird and wild from the world of MMA each and every weeknight! Welcome to Midnight Mania! Safe to say, Kevin Lee’s return to action after a pair of brutal knee surgeries do not go according to plan. Back at 170 lbs., Lee was eyeing a match up vs. champion Kamaru Usman, but hard-nosed scrapper Daniel Rodriguez ultimately soiled his return in a tough decision loss for “The MoTown Phenom.” Earlier today, the Nevada State Athletic Commission […]
- Conor McGregor Hit With Assault Charges From Francesco Facchinettiby Clyde Aidoo on October 21, 2021 at 3:54 am
Italian DJ Francesco Facchinetti has filed assault charges against Conor McGregor following an alleged altercation between the two at a hotel party. Former UFC double champion Conor McGregor is accused of having struck Francesco Facchinetti without provocation over the weekend. At the time, the DJ stated that he intended to sue McGregor, but we have now Continue Reading Conor McGregor Hit With Assault Charges From Francesco Facchinetti at MMA News.
- Report: Italian DJ files charges against Conor McGregor following alleged assault: ‘He is dangerous, he needs to be stopped’by Damon Martin on October 21, 2021 at 3:00 am
Esther Lin, MMA FightingItalian DJ and musician Francesco Facchinetti has officially filed charges against former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor over an alleged assault that took place in Rome this past weekend. According to CNN, the Carabinieri Police in Mariano Comasco confirmed that Facchinetti and his attorney pressed charges on Tuesday. The alleged altercation took place at a luxury hotel in Rome after Facchinetti claims that he was part of a group that McGregor invited to a […]
- Latest Bellator 270 Fight Card & Rumorsby Adam Guillen Jr. on October 21, 2021 at 3:00 am
Event: Bellator 270: “Gallagher vs Mix”Date: Fri., Nov. 5, 2021Location: Wembley Arena in London, EnglandHow To Watch: Showtime (watch it here) Bellator 270 Main Event: 155 lbs.: Peter Queally (13-5-1) vs. Patricky “Pitbull” Freire (23-10) Bellator 270 Main Card (5 p.m. ET): 135 lbs.: James Gallagher (11-1) vs. Patrick Mix (14-1)185 lbs.: Charlie Ward (9-4) vs. Nobert Novenyi Jr. (5-0)145 lbs.: Daniel Weichel (41-6) vs. Pedro Carvalho (11-5) Bellator 270 ‘Prelims’ Card (2:00 p.m. […]
- Sean O’Connell: ‘Nobody else is going to pay Kayla Harrison what the PFL is paying her’by Farah Hannoun on October 21, 2021 at 2:00 am
PFL broadcaster Sean O’Connell thinks it’s both in PFL and Kayla Harrison’s benefit to continue working together.
- Francis Ngannou Hints At Money-Motivated Boxing Switchby Harvey Leonard on October 21, 2021 at 2:00 am
UFC Heavyweight Champion Francis Ngannou has slammed MMA remuneration, and suggested he could make the switch to boxing in order to be paid what he deserves. Ngannou is undoubtedly the most powerful athlete in the UFC. Since back-to-back losses to Stipe Miocic and Derrick Lewis in 2018, “The Predator” found hunting mode and went on Continue Reading Francis Ngannou Hints At Money-Motivated Boxing Switch at MMA News.
- UFC Vegas 41 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!by Patrick L. Stumberg on October 21, 2021 at 2:00 am
Photo by Getty Images/Bob Riha, Jr.Get a detailed breakdown of the betting lines for UFC Vegas 41, which is set to hit UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada, this weekend (Sat., Oct. 23, 2021), including best bets, underdogs, favorites and much more! A Brazilian beast meets an Italian stallion inside UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada, this Saturday (Oct. 23, 2021) when former Middleweight title challengers Paul Costa and Marvin Vettori duke it out on ESPN+. UFC Vegas 41 will also feature a Lightweight […]
- Video: Paulo Costa, Marvin Vettori verbally agree to 195-pound catchweight fight at UFC Vegas 41by MMA Fighting Newswire on October 21, 2021 at 1:41 am
UFC middleweights Paulo Costa and Marvin Vettori on Wednesday verbally agreed to a catchweight fight at 195 pounds in UFC Vegas 41’s headliner after Costa said he was 211 pounds and couldn’t make weight. Via Zoom chat, Costa and Vettori appeared together for an interview on ESPN.com and hammered out the basic term of the move up from middleweight, the division where the bout was scheduled to take place before Costa threw a wrench in plans. The Brazilian said it was the UFC that asked for […]
- Paulo Costa Claims He Can’t Make Middleweight for UFC Fight Night 196 Main Eventby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 21, 2021 at 1:30 am
It sounds like Paulo Costa won’t even attempt to make the contracted middleweight limit for his UFC Fight Night 196 headlining bout against Marvin Vettori on Saturday.
- Alex Caceres ‘not necessarily impressed’ with Seungwoo Choi ahead of UFC Fight Night 196by Mike Bohn on October 21, 2021 at 1:00 am
Alex Caceres didn’t know much about Seungwoo Choi when the matchup was offered to him for Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 196 event.
- Fedor Emelianenko Bashes Dana White, ‘He Has No Respect For Fighters’by Nicole Bosco on October 21, 2021 at 1:00 am
Fedor Emelianenko is getting ready to get back in the Bellator cage, but first has some words for Dana White. The Russian heavyweight will most likely go down in history as one of the best to ever step in the cage. He will once again grace the Bellator cage on Oct. 23 as he steps Continue Reading Fedor Emelianenko Bashes Dana White, ‘He Has No Respect For Fighters’ at MMA News.
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jennifer Maia rematch set for UFC’s January 15 eventby Mookie Alexander on October 21, 2021 at 1:00 am
Jennifer Maia (L) in action vs Katlyn Chookagian during Women’s Flyweight bout at Madison Square Garden. New York, NY | Set Number: X163048 TK4Chookagian won the first fight by split decision. Two former UFC women’s flyweight title challengers will square off once again. Following a report from MMA Ideas, MMA Fighting confirmed that Katlyn Chookagian and Jennifer Maia are lined up for a January 15th rematch. Chookagian (16-4) got her title shot by beating Maia at UFC 244 in November 2019. […]
- Costa reveals he can’t make middleweight limit for Saturdayby Tim Bissell on October 21, 2021 at 12:15 am
Paulo Costa before he fought Israel Adesanya at UFC 253. | Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLCPaulo Costa vs. Marvin Vettori won’t be happening at middleweight. This plan for this weekend was to have Paulo Costa take on Marvin Vettori in a middleweight clash in the headliner of UFC Vegas 41. That bout, between two recent title challengers, might determine which of them gets another crack at current champ Israel Adesanya. However, Costa has thrown a spanner in the works, revealing that he is […]
- Grant Dawson apologizes to Ricky Glenn, feels bad for comments ahead of UFC Fight Night 196by Mike Bohn on October 21, 2021 at 12:00 am
Grant Dawson is walking back a comment he made about UFC Fight Night 196 opponent Ricky Glenn in the lead-up to Saturday’s bout.
- 211lb Costa Can’t Make Weight For Vettori Fight, Vettori Still Wants Fightby Derek Hall on October 21, 2021 at 12:00 am
The UFC Vegas 40 headliner between Paulo Costa and Marvin Vettori is in jeopardy, courtesy of a bloated Borrachinha. Both Costa and Vettori were looking to score some redemption in this main event clash, with both men coming off of title fight setbacks, but the Brazilian, in particular, was in a complicated situation. He was Continue Reading 211lb Costa Can’t Make Weight For Vettori Fight, Vettori Still Wants Fight at MMA News.
- Video: When Coaches Get Angry At Fightersby Shakiel Mahjouri on October 21, 2021 at 12:00 am
Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLCAspen Ladd vs. Norma Dumont is far from the first time a coach in the UFC or boxing got mad at their fighter. Aspen Ladd’s coach, Jim West, got quite the trashing online for his cornering approach in Ladd’s fight vs. Norma Dumont at UFC Vegas 40, but he’s far from the first coach to get amped up. West’s aggressive style of coaching between rounds upset some viewers and fighters. The incident sparked a debate online about the fine line between motivating a […]
- Modestas Bukauskas released from UFC one month after severe knee injuryby Damon Martin on October 20, 2021 at 11:30 pm
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLCModestas Bukauskas is no longer a UFC fighter after the promotion released him from contract. Bukauskas’ release comes after three consecutive octagon losses, including his most recent one in which he suffered a grisly knee injury that forced him to undergo corrective surgery this past month. The Cage Warriors veteran told MyMMANews.com that he planned to return to training in four to five months after taking an oblique kick from Khalil Rountree in the fight at […]
- Paulo Costa can’t make weight, negotiating new weight class for Marvin Vettori fight | Videoby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 20, 2021 at 11:17 pm
Middleweight Marvin Vettori was the first to mention that Paulo Costa wouldn’t be able to make weight for Saturday’s UFC Vegas 41 headliner during the event’s media day on Wednesday. “There’s some sh*t going on – he had some problems with weight,” Vettori said. “I said I’ll fight him at any weight, but at the end of the day we still have to all be professional. He’s not professional. F*ck, we all go through weight cuts. He has to do some of it. So, we’ll see. “The last […]
- Dan Hooker: A win over Islam Makhachev at UFC 267 puts me in ‘two-man conversation’ for title shotby Nolan King on October 20, 2021 at 11:10 pm
Could Dan Hooker be next in line for the title if he’s victorious at UFC 267?
- ‘F—king Selfish’ Dominick Cruz Almost Cost Us ‘Our Jobs’by Shakiel Mahjouri on October 20, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLCDominick Cruz’s beef with Hans Molenkamp could have had serious repercussions for Monster Energy-sponsored athletes, says UFC Vegas 41’s Jessica-Rose Clark. There could have been a lot of collateral damage over Dominick Cruz vs. Hans Molenkamp, according to Monster Energy-sponsored Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) fighter, Jessica-Rose Clark. The former UFC Bantamweight champion called out Molenkamp during his post-fight speech at UFC 259 back in March. […]
- Sergio Pettis Defends BW Title Against Kyoji Horiguchi At Bellator 272by Cole Shelton on October 20, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Sergio Pettis has his first Bellator bantamweight title defense set. Pettis will face former Bellator and RIZIN bantamweight champion, Kyoji Horiguchi at Bellator 272 on December 3. Bellator announced the fight on the Morning Kombat show. The event will take place at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn., with the event airing on Showtime. Sergio Pettis Continue Reading Sergio Pettis Defends BW Title Against Kyoji Horiguchi At Bellator 272 at MMA News.
- Marvin Vettori believes he’s superior fighter, but Paulo Costa ‘still dangerous’ regardless of weight issuesby John Morgan on October 20, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Marvin Vettori isn’t exactly thrilled with Paulo Costa’s weight issues, but “The Italian Dream” isn’t going to underestimate the challenge.
- Ariel Helwani Trolls Brendan Schaub By Posting Past Videoby Andrew Starc on October 20, 2021 at 10:00 pm
It seems Ariel Helwani is fully embracing his “Heelwani” alter ego after taking yet another jab at Brendan Schaub. The ongoing Helwani-Schaub beef has been a delightfully entertaining sideshow in recent weeks, of which MMANews has proudly provided episodic coverage. We’ve not only seen the duo sling voluminous amounts of mud at each other, but Continue Reading Ariel Helwani Trolls Brendan Schaub By Posting Past Video at MMA News.
- Paulo Costa says he’s 212 pounds less than 48 hours from weigh-ins, needs catchweight with Marvin Vettoriby John Morgan on October 20, 2021 at 9:30 pm
If the UFC Fight Night 196 headliner with Marvin Vettori and Paulo Costa is going to happen, it doesn’t seem it will be at middleweight.
- Jan Blachowicz doubles down on Corey Anderson: ‘He’s just a coward and quitter’by MMA Fighting Newswire on October 20, 2021 at 9:30 pm
Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesUFC light heavyweight champion Jan Blachowicz is doubling down on two-time opponent Corey Anderson. Blachowicz had a friend translate from his native tongue of Polish to English, he said Wednesday on The MMA Hour, but his Twitter reaction to Anderson claiming the No. 1 spot at light heavyweight was from the heart, and he explained why he felt that way. “I just want to put him to the ground, again,” Blachowicz said. “The difference between […]
- Kevin Lee suspended by NAC after failed drug testby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 20, 2021 at 9:18 pm
UFC welterweight Kevin Lee has been temporarily suspended by the Nevada Athletic Commission after a failed drug test associated with his Aug. 28 loss to Daniel Rodriguez. On Wednesday, the NAC announced that Lee had been suspended after testing positive for amphetamine. Following the NAC announcement, Lee issued a statement via social media where he explained that he has adult ADHD and is trying to manage it with medication. Dana White reacts to new U.S. vaccine travel mandate: […]
- Ricky Glenn plots upset of ‘impressive’ Grant Dawson in UFC Fight Night 196 co-main eventby Mike Bohn on October 20, 2021 at 9:10 pm
Ricky Glenn intends to derail the hype around Grant Dawson in the UFC Fight Night 196 co-main event.
- Darina Mazdyuk: Intergender fight vs. 529-pound man was part of bigger plan that workedby Nolan King on October 20, 2021 at 8:20 pm
The winner in one of the most viral videos of 2020 makes her Bellator debut Saturday.
- Middleweights Joaquin Buckley, Abdul Razak Alhassan to Meet on Jan. 15by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on October 20, 2021 at 7:45 pm
A matchup of middleweight knockout artists is on tap for an Ultimate Fighting Championship event on Jan. 15, as Joaquin Buckley will lock horns with Abdul Razak Alhassan.
- Sergio Pettis to Defend Bantamweight Crown vs. Kyoji Horiguchi at Bellator Event on Dec. 3by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 20, 2021 at 7:27 pm
Sergio Pettis is scheduled to make his first bantamweight title defense when he faces Kyoji Horiguchi at a Bellator MMA event on Dec. 3.
- Kevin Lee issues apology after NAC suspension for positive drug test, opens up about adult ADHDby Nolan King on October 20, 2021 at 7:17 pm
UFC star Kevin Lee was handed a temporary suspension by the Nevada commission Wednesday.
- Zviad Lazishvili Replaces Aaron Phillips, Faces Jonathan Martinez at UFC Fight Night 196by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on October 20, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Zviad Lazishvili has agreed to step in on three days’ notice and face Jonathan Martinez at UFC Fight Night 196.
- NAC suspends Ryan Benoit for 9 months after testing positive for sleep apnea drugby Nolan King on October 20, 2021 at 6:20 pm
The positive drug test stems from his July 31 UFC fight.
- Marvin Vettori says Paulo Costa ‘a lot overweight,’ wants change in division for UFC Fight Night 196by Mike Bohn on October 20, 2021 at 6:10 pm
Marvin Vettori claims Paulo Costa won’t make middleweight for their UFC Fight Night 196 main event.
- Javier Mendez: Islam Makhachev doesn’t need a finish to beat Dan Hooker, whereas Hooker doesby Farah Hannoun on October 20, 2021 at 5:50 pm
The only way coach Javier Mendez sees Islam Makhachev losing to Dan Hooker is if he gets caught.
- DWCS 44 winner Jonny Parsons not surprised with UFC deal after split: ‘This is where I belong’by Farah Hannoun on October 20, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Despite earning a hard-fought win on Dana White’s Contender Series 44, Jonny Parsons expected to walk away with a UFC contract.
- NAC overturns DWCS winner Josh Quinlan’s UFC contract-earning victory after positive drug testby Nolan King on October 20, 2021 at 5:00 pm
It is unclear if this will impact the undefeated welterweight’s UFC contract status.
- Dana White reacts to new U.S. vaccine travel mandate: ‘Fight Island will be hopping again’by MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 20, 2021 at 9:11 am
The UFC notified international fighters in a memo this week that all travelers coming into the United States starting on Nov. 8 must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with proof of vaccination. The fight promotion will not require any fighter on their roster to get vaccinated for COVID-19, but alerted them that there will likely be obstacles entering the country if not vaccinated starting early next month. The new guidelines were announced by The White House on Friday. “Recently […]
- Watch Marvin Vettori Tap Out Karl Roberson | UFC Vegas 41 Free Fightby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 20, 2021 at 7:54 am
Marvin Vettori was awarded a Performance of the Night bonus after his first-round submission of Karl Roberson last June in Las Vegas. Vettori faces Paulo Costa in the UFC Vegas 41 main event on Saturday in a bout that had big implications in the middleweight division. Costa enters the bout ranked No. 2 in the 185-pound division and Vettori ranked No. 5. Both are coming off losses to champion Israel Adesanya and only one will remain in the title contention after Saturday. Conor […]
- Armen Petrosyan Tops List of Four Contract Winners on Week 8 of DWCSby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 20, 2021 at 6:59 am
Armen Petrosyan brought UFC president Dana White out of his seat. His next step was all but inevitable.
- Dana White’s Contender Series 2021 Week 8 Play-by-Play & Resultsby firstname.lastname@example.org (Ben Duffy) on October 20, 2021 at 6:59 am
Sherdog’s live DWCS 2021 Week 8 coverage kicks off Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET.
- UFC Fighter Irwin Rivera Granted Release After Two Attempted Murder Chargesby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 20, 2021 at 6:17 am
Irwin Rivera has been released from police custody after being charged with attempted murder earlier this year.
- Dana White’s Contender Series Season 5, Week 8 Results: Four fighters earn UFC contractsby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 20, 2021 at 4:08 am
Dana White’s Contender Series was back in action on Tuesday from the UFC Apex in Las Vegas and four fighters earned themselves UFC contracts. In the featured fight, middleweight Jonny Parsons defeated Solomon Renfro in a back-and-forth split decision. The win earned Parsons a UFC contract. Three other contracts were also awarded on Tuesday. Light heavyweight Armen Petrosyan was given a contract for his first-round knockout win over Kaloyan Kolev. Light heavyweight Caio Borralho […]
- Katlyn Chookagian-Jennifer Maia Rematch Targeted for UFC Event on Jan. 15by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on October 20, 2021 at 1:09 am
A rematch of former flyweight challengers is in the works for early next year, as Katlyn Chookagian and Jennifer Maia are expected to square off at a UFC event on Jan. 15.
- Uganda’s David Onama Set for Octagon Debut vs. Mason Jones at UFC Fight Night 196by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 20, 2021 at 1:02 am
David Onama will become the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s first athlete from Uganda when he locks horns with Mason Jones this Saturday.
- UFC: International Fighters Must Comply with New U.S. Government Vaccine Mandatesby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on October 20, 2021 at 12:57 am
International fighters hoping to compete in the Ultimate Fighting Championship will face a new hurdle beginning next month.
- Jessica Eye Out of UFC Fight Night 197; Cynthia Calvillo Steps in to Face Andrea Leeby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 20, 2021 at 12:50 am
A illness has forced Jessica Eye to pull out of a proposed flyweight clash against Andrea Lee at UFC Fight Night 197.
- Colby Covington Claims UFC Threatened to Strip Kamaru Usman If He Didn’t Accept Rematchby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on October 20, 2021 at 12:25 am
According to Colby Covington, Kamaru Usman would’ve paid dearly if he hadn’t agreed to their rematch in the UFC 268 main event.
- Rafael Cordeiro Expects Marvin Vettori to Pressure Paulo Costa at UFC Fight Night 196by email@example.com (Marcelo Alonso) on October 19, 2021 at 11:43 pm
The rivalry between UFC Night 196 main event headliners Marvin Vettori and Paulo Costa extends years back beyond the fighters to members of their respective camps.
- Conor McGregor was doing Proper Twelve shots with Johnny Depp in Rome (Video)by MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 19, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Former UFC champion, Conor McGregor, has been making the rounds in Italy this week. He’s gotten wrapped up in everything from a baptism at the Vatican, another assault scandal and now he’s been filmed doing shots of his Proper Twelve brand with none other than Johnny Depp. The video shows McGregor and Depp (who looks thoroughly confused) on the streets of Rome and McGregor pulls a bottle of his whisky out of nowhere to pour Depp a glass. The Hollywood actor takes the shot and then posed […]
- Jessica Eye hospitalized, out of fight with Andrea Lee (Video)by MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 19, 2021 at 5:46 pm
Jessica Eye has announced she’s been forced to withdraw from her fight with Andrea Lee due to illness. The bout, previously scheduled for Nov. 13 will now reportedly take place between Cynthia Calvillo and Lee, according to John Morgan of MMA Junkie. After the news broke of her removal from the fight, she took to Instagram to explain what was going on shared a photo from her hospital bed. “[This past Thursday], I thought I was dealing with an allergic reaction to fish eggs that I […]
- Eric Albarracin Discusses Title Hopes of Weili Zhang, Deiveson Figueiredo, Patricky Freireby firstname.lastname@example.org (Marcelo Alonso) on October 19, 2021 at 8:15 am
Eric Albarracin is currently working with a number of top fighters at Arizona-based MMA camp Fight Ready, and he expects that the team will only continue to get better.
- Chuck Liddell will not face charges after domestic violence arrestby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 19, 2021 at 6:29 am
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell will not face charges by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office following recent domestic violence arrest on Oct. 11. Liddell was arrested after police responded to his Hidden Hills home, where they deemed an argument occurred between he and his wife, that allegedly turned physical. Following his arrest, Liddell released a statement professing his innocence and claimed that he was the actual victim in the incident. […]
- No Charges Filed Against Chuck Liddell in Domestic Violence Caseby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 19, 2021 at 3:35 am
No charges have been filed against Chuck Liddell in an alleged domestic violence incident involving the former UFC champion and his wife last week.
- Ryan Bader Releases Statement Following Bellator 268 Defeatby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on October 19, 2021 at 2:45 am
Ryan Bader’s bid to reclaim light heavyweight gold came up short in the semifinals of the light heavyweight grand prix, where he suffered a 51-second technical knockout loss to Corey Anderson in the Bellator 268 co-main event on Saturday night.
- Contender Series Weigh-in Results: All Competitors Hit Contracted Marksby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 19, 2021 at 12:08 am
For the first time in a few weeks, there were no major difficulties on the scales ahead of a Dana White’s Contender Series event.
- Former Foes Jan Blachowicz, Corey Anderson Trade Barbs on Social Mediaby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on October 19, 2021 at 12:00 am
The ongoing Bellator light heavyweight grand prix has reignited the debate regarding the best light heavyweight in the sport, and there are more than a few in the MMA community who believe that the Vadim Nemkov-Corey Anderson winner can lay claim to that top spot.
- Jake Paul calls out ‘coked up’ Conor McGregor after latest alleged assaultby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 18, 2021 at 5:38 pm
Former UFC champ-champ, Conor McGregor, was busy in Italy having his children christened in the Vatican and then getting himself involved in yet another assault allegation. And it wouldn’t be a full-circle combate news day if Jake Paul didn’t insert himself into the conversation as well. Shortly after news broke that McGregor had allegedly assaulted a DJ in Italy and broken his nose, Paul took to Twitter to ask for a fight with him. “Coked up Conor likes to play tough with […]
- Ronda Rousey posts photo breastfeeding her newborn because ‘it shouldn’t be hidden’by MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 18, 2021 at 8:52 am
Former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey recently gave birth to her first child, a daughter, La’akea Makalapuaokalanipõ Browne. “Rowdy” posted a photo of her breastfeeding her daughter in an effort to normalize feeding an infant in public. “Our boys asked me the other day how I’m gunna feed Pō on the plane when we take her with us to Hawaii. And I was like “uhhh, same way I always do” 🤷🏼♀️Then it occurred to me that they probably never seen anyone […]
- Conor McGregor allegedly punched a famous Italian DJ and broke his noseby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 18, 2021 at 7:48 am
Famous Italian DJ Francesco Facchinetti has accused former two-division UFC Champion Conor McGregor of punching him and breaking his nose. McGregor has been in Italy vacationing with family. He’s released photos out on the town in Rome and apparently has been doing a bit of partying as well. While getting ready to leave one party to attend another, McGregor allegedly attacked Facchinetti for no reason. Facchinetti posted a video to his Instagram account accusing McGregor of punching […]
- WEC, UFC Vet Brian Gassaway Dead at 49by email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on October 18, 2021 at 7:07 am
Well-traveled 52-fight MMA veteran Brian Gassaway has died at the age of 49.
- Israel Adesanya breaks down Paulo Costa vs. Marvin Vettori: ‘They both suck’ | Videoby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 18, 2021 at 6:52 am
UFC Middleweight Champion Israel Adesanya breaks down the upcoming UFC Fight Night main event bout between Paulo Costa and Marvin Vettori. Adesanya has gone up against both fighters. He stopped Costa at UFC 253 and holds two wins over Vettori. Adesanya called the matchup a fight between “juicy boys” referencing both fighters’ brushes with USADA. Hear the champion’s take on the pivotal middleweight bout. Conor McGregor allegedly punched a famous Italian DJ and broke his nose […]
- Italian DJ Accuses Conor McGregor of Punching Him in Face, Breaking Noseby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on October 18, 2021 at 2:46 am
Conor McGregor is once again in the news for an altercation that occurred outside of the Octagon.
- Aspen Ladd’s Coach Apologizes for Corner Coaching Tactics at UFC Fight Night 195by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 17, 2021 at 11:43 pm
Aspen Ladd had trouble mounting any kind of significant offense in the UFC Fight Night 195 main event, and the frustration was reflected in her corner between rounds.
- Scott Coker: Bellator Grand Prix Winner Will Be Best Light Heavyweight ‘On the Planet’by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on October 17, 2021 at 10:43 pm
The Bellator light heavyweight grand prix is down to two after Vadim Nemkov and Corey Anderson advanced to the tournament finals on Saturday night.
- Norma Dumont Interested in Interim Featherweight Title Bout Against Holly Holmby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 17, 2021 at 2:16 pm
Norma Dumont didn’t get the opponent she wanted on Saturday night, but she was grateful to be able to have a fight nonetheless.
- Samuel Dbili Replaces Maximo Suarez, Faces Hamicha at Glory: Collision 3by firstname.lastname@example.org (Blaine Henry) on October 17, 2021 at 2:11 pm
Glory: Collision 3 has undergone another change to its lineup, as Hamicha must deal with a new opponent heading into this Saturday’s card.
- UFC Fight Night 195 Bonuses: Miller, Landwehr, Silva, Batgerel Earn $50K Awardsby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 17, 2021 at 1:18 pm
Jim Miller, Nate Landwehr, Bruno Silva and Danaa Batgerel each received $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonuses for their work in the Octagon at UFC Fight Night 195 on Saturday at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
- In Italy, Conor McGregor draws crowds everywhere he goes | Photosby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 17, 2021 at 8:12 am
Former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor draws a crowd everywhere he goes while visiting Italy and walking the streets of Rome. “The Notorious” posted a video and phots on social media during his Italian visit showing scores of fans trying to take pictures and get a glimpse of the Irishman. He had a similar experience in California leading up to his UFC 264 trilogy bout against Dustin Poirier in July. Nate Diaz responds to Conor McGregor’s comment that his boxing is piss: ‘I […]
- Norma Dumont Cruises Past Listless Aspen Ladd in UFC Fight Night 195 Headlinerby firstname.lastname@example.org (Brian Knapp) on October 17, 2021 at 4:57 am
Norma Dumont took the path of least resistance and never once had to consider changing course.
- Nemkov Overwhelms Anglickas, Anderson Wallops Bader at Bellator 268by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 17, 2021 at 4:57 am
Julius Anglickas had one brief glimmer of hope against Vadim Nemkov, but it was only fleeting.
- UFC Fight Night 195 ‘Ladd vs. Dumont’ Play-by-Play, Results & Round Scoringby firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) on October 17, 2021 at 4:57 am
Sherdog’s live UFC Fight Night 195 coverage will begin Saturday at 4:30 p.m. ET.
- Bellator 268 ‘Nemkov vs. Anglickas’ Play-by-Play, Results & Round Scoringby email@example.com (Lev Pisarsky) on October 17, 2021 at 4:57 am
Sherdog’s live Bellator 268 coverage kicks off at 7 p.m. ET.
- UFC Fight Night 195 Prelims: Bruno Silva Stages Comeback, Stops Exhausted Andrew Sanchezby firstname.lastname@example.org (Brian Knapp) on October 17, 2021 at 4:57 am
Bruno Silvaroared back from a two-rounds-to-none deficit to finish an exhausted Andrew Sanchez with punches in their featured UFC Fight Night 195 prelim bout.
- Bellator 268 Results: Vadim Nemkov wins by submission, meets Corey Anderson in Grand Prix finalsby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 17, 2021 at 4:35 am
The Bellator MMA cages was in Phoenix, Ariz. on Saturday for Bellator 268 featuring a light heavyweight title bout between champion Vadim Nemkov and Julius Anglickas. Not only was the belt on the line, the match was a semifinal bout in the Bellator Light Heavyweight World Grand Prix. Nemkov and Anglickas wasted little time before exchanging strikes. Nemkov connected with a hard right hand early in the first frame, but was dropped by Anglickas. Another right hand connected for Angliickas […]
- UFC Vegas 40 Bonuses: Jim Miller banks a bonus for knockout winby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 17, 2021 at 2:25 am
Following Saturday’s UFC Vegas 40 event at UFC Apex in Las Vegas, UFC officials announced the recipients of the $50,000 performance-based fighter bonuses. Performance of the Night: Jim Miller The eternal Jim Miller picked up his first knockout win since UFC 200 more than five years ago with his effort against Erick Gonzalez. The first round was a little hectic for Miller, who was taken down and then rocked in the first round. However, Miller started finding a home for his left hand […]
- UFC Vegas 40 Results: Norma Dumont defeats Aspen Ladd in one-sided decisionby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 17, 2021 at 2:10 am
The UFC octagon was in Las Vegas on Saturday for UFC Vegas 40 at UFC Apex featuring a 10-fight card headlined by a women’s featherweight bout between Aspen Ladd and Norma Dumont. For Ladd, it was her return to competition for the first time since December 2019 and after having reconstructive knee surgery. It was also her featherweight debut after having weight cutting issues to make the 135 pound bantamweight limit. Dumont used her jab to keep Ladd on the outside. In the opening […]
- Brent Primus: ‘I’m going to try to knock Benson Henderson out’ at Bellator 268by Mick Hammond on October 16, 2021 at 4:56 pm
Looking back on his split-decision loss to Islam Mamedov at Bellator 263 this past July, lightweight Brent Primus cannot fathom how he came out on the losing end of the fight. From Primus’ point of view, a lack of aggression and damage done by Mamedov cements that the fight shouldn’t have gone the way it did in the judges’ eyes. “Honestly I feel like it was a weird fight,” Primus told MMAWeekly.com. “I don’t feel like Islam was trying to finish the fight. He wasn’t trying […]
- UFC Vegas 40 live results: Aspen Ladd vs. Norma Dumontby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 16, 2021 at 4:35 pm
(Click on the fight below and then scroll down to see in-fight live stats and full results, courtesy of Fight Analytics. Full UFC Vegas 40 live results from the UFC Apex in Las Vegas are scheduled to begin at 4:30 p.m. ET / 1:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, October 16, on MMAWeekly.com.) UFC Vegas 40 start time: Ladd vs. Dumont schedule UFC Vegas 40 main card start time: 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT on ESPN+UFC Vegas 40 prelims start time: 4:30 p.m. ET / 1:30 p.m. PT on ESPN+NOTE: To select the […]
- UFC Fight Night 195 Weigh-in Results: Main Event Set; 1 Fight Canceledby email@example.com (Tyler Treese) on October 16, 2021 at 6:59 am
Aspen Ladd vs. Norma Dumont is now official after both made weight.
- Bellator 268 Weigh-in Results: Title Fight Official; 1 Fighter Heavyby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tyler Treese) on October 16, 2021 at 6:59 am
Both Bellator MMA light heavyweight world grand prix semifinals are now official.
- Superbon Starches Giorgio Petrosyan to Capture Featherweight Belt at One: First Strikeby email@example.com (Tudor Leonte) on October 16, 2021 at 6:59 am
The first all-kickboxing card in One Championship history ended with a shocking knockout.
- Miguel Baeza-Kalinn Williams Welterweight Battle Added to UFC Fight Night 197by firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) on October 16, 2021 at 3:29 am
The Ultimate Fighting Championship can seemingly pair any two reliable action welterweights for potentially thrilling results.
- Bellator 268 Weigh-in Results and Videoby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 16, 2021 at 2:11 am
The athletes competing on Saturday’s Bellator 268 fight card officially weighed in on Friday in Phoenix, Arizona with one fighter missing weight. The event features a light heavyweight title bout in the main event as champion Vadim Nemkov puts his belt on the line against Julius Anglickas. In the co-main event, Ryan Bader meets Corey Anderson in a Light Heavyweight World Grand Prix semifinal match. Lightweight Bobby Lee came in just over the 156-pound limit for his bout against Nick […]
- UFC Vegas 40: Ladd vs. Dumont Weigh-in Face-off Videoby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 15, 2021 at 8:34 pm
Following Friday’s UFC Vegas 40 weigh-ins at UFC Apex in Las Vegas, the athletes competing on Saturday’s fight card faced off with their opponents. In the main event, No. 3 ranked women’s bantamweight Aspen Ladd moves up the the featherweight division to take on Norma Dumont. UFC Vegas 40 weigh-in results: One bout cancelled (Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube)
- UFC Vegas 40 weigh-in results: One bout cancelledby MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 15, 2021 at 5:49 pm
The athletes competing on Saturday’s UFC Vegas 40 fight card at UFC Apex in Las Vegas officially weighed in on Friday in ‘Sin City.’ In the main event, No. 3 ranked women’s bantamweight Aspen Ladd moves up the the featherweight division to take on Norma Dumont. Ladd, who missed weight for her last scheduled fight in the bantamweight division, weighed in at 145 pounds while Dumont tipped the scales at 145.5. All the athletes that weighed in made weight, but one fight was cancelled. […]
- Nate Diaz responds to Conor McGregor’s comment that his boxing is piss: ‘I turned you into a wrestler’by MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 15, 2021 at 7:33 am
Nate Diaz handed Conor McGregor his first UFC loss at UFC 195 in March 2016 and the two have been feuding regularly for the last five years. McGregor defeated Diaz in their rematch by majority decision at UFC 202 in August of the same year, but the rivalry between the Irishman and Diaz still burns bright. Nate’s older brother, Nick, returned to fighting for the first time in nearly six years at UFC 266 on Sept. 25. He was defeated by the former welterweight champion. Following the […]
- Luis Pena 911 Call Audio Released: ‘He Punched Me in the Face’by email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on October 15, 2021 at 3:07 am
The harrowing 911 call for former Ultimate Fighting Championship fighter Luis Pena has been released.
- Aaron Pico to Face Justin Gonzales at Bellator 271 on Nov. 12by firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) on October 15, 2021 at 2:26 am
So far, all four announced matchups for Bellator 271 feature top-ranked Bellator MMA fighters.
- Norma Dumont Upset With Holly Holm’s Withdrawal From UFC Fight Night 195 Headlinerby email@example.com (Marcelo Alonso) on October 15, 2021 at 2:02 am
Ultimate Fighting Championship featherweight Norma Dumont is not pleased by how Holly Holm handled her recent injury.
- Phil Hawes vs. Chris Curtis Set at Middleweight for UFC 268by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tudor Leonte) on October 15, 2021 at 1:32 am
Ultimate Fighting Championship newcomer Chris Curtis will be getting opportunity to take on Phil Hawes after all.
- World Fight League Announces Founding, Releases 50/50 Revenue Share Planby email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on October 15, 2021 at 12:42 am
If the World Fight League can get off the ground, it could change the nature of the sport as we know it.
- Glory Kickboxing, Bally Sports Agree to U.S. Broadcasting Dealby firstname.lastname@example.org (Blaine Henry) on October 14, 2021 at 11:54 pm
Glory Kickboxing will be back on the U.S. airwaves for its tentpole event in October.
- 911 audio released in Luis Pena domestic violence arrest ‘I need help’by MMAWeekly.com Staff on October 14, 2021 at 11:13 pm
Luis Pena was arrested for two counts of misdemeanor battery and domestic violence last week, and released from the UFC on Tuesday. Now the audio from the victim’s 911 call has been released and it’s chilling, to say the least. “We have a no-contact order so, technically, we shouldn’t even be living together,” the woman said in audio obtained by MMA Fighting. “I really need the cops to come get him out now because I have scratches and bruises all over me now from him. I need him […]
- Geraldo de Freitas Jr. Receives 2-Year Sanction After USADA Violationby email@example.com (Tudor Leonte) on October 14, 2021 at 11:13 pm
If there is any consolation, it is that the 30-year-old Brazilian bantamweight has already competed back in his home country since leaving the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- Sullivan Cauley confident he’ll win at Bellator 268 no matter where the fight ends upby Mick Hammond on October 14, 2021 at 6:02 pm
Following a first round TKO victory in his first bout as a pro back in November of 2020, light-heavyweight Sullivan Cauley was eager to keep his momentum going in 2021 only to have to sit out an entire year before having his follow-up bout. It wasn’t just one thing keeping Cauley from fighting, but multiple issues which has kept him waiting on the sidelines to return to action. “We were really hoping we’d get back quickly (after that first fight), and it turned out to not be like […]
- Rankings Review: Alexander Romanov Not Ranked Despite Going 4-0 in UFC Heavyweight Divisionby Peter Parsons on October 14, 2021 at 2:37 pm
It might be an understatement to say the UFC has some questionable rankings. You would expect rankings to be questionable as they are subjective; however, in this column, I will point out rankings that I think are glaring mistakes. I will also analyze significant movement in the rankings that I agree with. Editorial Commentary by Peter Parsons Alexander Robanov (15-0) defeated Jared Vanderaa this past Saturday by second round TKO. “King Kong” is now 4-0 in the UFC with three […]
- Lupita Godinez Replaces Sijara Eubanks, Takes on Luana Carolina at UFC Fight Night 195by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tudor Leonte) on October 14, 2021 at 6:19 am
“Loopy” will fight twice in seven days, setting a modern-era Ultimate Fighting Championship record.
- Jon Jones Banned from Jackson-Wink MMA Following Arrest for Domestic Violenceby email@example.com (Tudor Leonte) on October 14, 2021 at 5:52 am
It appears that the troubles for “Bones” are far from over.
- Dagestani Prospect Saygid Izagakhmaev Signs with One Championshipby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tudor Leonte) on October 14, 2021 at 5:24 am
One Championship continues to expand its roster with top Russian prospects.
- UFC Releases Luis Pena Following Two Recent Domestic Violence Arrestsby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 13, 2021 at 10:34 am
The Ultimate Fighting Championship has parted ways with Luis Pena following two arrests for domestic violence in the past few months.
- Viacheslav Borshchev, Two Others Net UFC Contracts on Week 7 of DWCSby firstname.lastname@example.org (Brian Knapp) on October 13, 2021 at 7:20 am
Viacheslav Borshchev made quite an impression.
- Dana White’s Contender Series 2021 Week 7 Play-by-Play & Resultsby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on October 13, 2021 at 6:59 am
Sherdog’s live DWCS 2021 Week 7 coverage kicks off Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET.
- UFC on ESPN 31 Gets Jake Matthews-Jeremiah Wells Pairing on Dec. 4by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on October 13, 2021 at 5:02 am
A welterweight clash between Jake Matthews and Jeremiah Wells has been added to the UFC on ESPN 31 lineup.