- Mounir Lazzez-Niklas Stolze Scratched From UFC on ESPN 28 Due to Visa Issuesby email@example.com (Tudor Leonte) on July 28, 2021 at 4:45 am
In a short span of time, UFC on ESPN 28 has lost two main card fights.
- Full Lineup For PFL 7: Cooper III Vs. MacDonaldby Shakiel Mahjouri on July 28, 2021 at 3:00 am
The Professional Fighters League announces the full lineup for PFL 7, headlined by Ray Cooper III vs. Rory MacDonald. The Professional Fighters League (PFL) has revealed the lineup for PFL 7, headlined by a semifinal welterweight bracket pitting Ray Cooper III vs. Rory MacDonald. PFL 7 takes place on Fri., Aug. 13 at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood in Hollywood, Florida. The event kicks off the 2021 playoffs in the Welterweight and Lightweight divisions. Review the main card and preliminary card below. ard (ESPN2) Ray Cooper III vs. Rory MacDonaldMagomed Magomedkerimov vs. Joao ZeferinoClay Collard vs. Raush ManfioLoik Radzhabov vs. Alexander Martinez Preliminary Card (ESPN+) Natan Schulte vs. Oliver Aubin-MercierSadibou Sy vs. Gleison TibauNikolai Aleksakhin vs. Brett CooperDarrell Horcher vs. TBAMagomed Umalatov vs. Micah TerrillKyron Bowen vs. Michael Lombardo Read the full press release below: The Professional Fighters League (PFL), the fastest growing and most […]
- USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, July 27: T.J. Dillashaw makes massive leapby MMA Junkie Staff on July 28, 2021 at 2:30 am
Former UFC champ T.J. Dillashaw returned from a two-year suspension with a big win that saw him make a big move in the bantamweight ranks.
- UFC Rankings Report: Dillashaw’s Return Shakes Up BW Rankingsby Clyde Aidoo on July 28, 2021 at 2:00 am
The UFC rankings have been updated following UFC Vegas 32! Check out all the changes below! Men’s Pound for Pound: No Changes Women’s Pound for Pound: No Changes Strawweight: No Changes Women’s Flyweight: Maycee Barber (#13) and Miranda Maverick (#14) swap positions after Barber’s controversial victory at UFC Vegas 32. Women’s Bantamweight: Julia Avila Continue Reading UFC Rankings Report: Dillashaw’s Return Shakes Up BW Rankings at MMA News.
- The Ultimate Fighter 29, Episode 9 results: Ricky Turcios vs. Liudvik Sholinianby Alexander K. Lee on July 28, 2021 at 2:00 am
Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLCRicky Turcios is again just a win away from becoming a UFC fighter. Team Volkanovski’s No. 3 bantamweight pick became the first fighter to advance to The Ultimate Fighter 29 finals, taking a convincing decision in an action-packed scrap with Team Ortega’s Liudvik Sholinian (9-1-1)*. As he did in his semifinal thriller opposite Dan Argueta, Turcios set the tone early with his aggressive standup style and didn’t let up for three rounds. Sholinian had some good moments, landing sharp counters and out-wrestling Turcios at points, but as the bout progressed Turcios was consistently the more accurate striker and he pushed the pace to a level that Sholinian couldn’t match. Turcios looked to be up on the scorecards after two rounds and didn’t let up in the third, standing in the pocket with Sholinian and throwing bombs for much of the final period. Afterwards, coaches Alexander Volkanovski and Brian Ortega and UFC President Dana White praised both […]
- Predictions! UFC Vegas 33 ‘Prelims’ Preview – Pt. 2by Patrick L. Stumberg on July 28, 2021 at 2:00 am
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesUltimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is bringing more “Prelims” fights to ESPN/ESPN+ this weekend (Sat., July 31, 2021) when UFC Vegas 33: “Hall vs. Strickland” returns to UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada. MMAmania.com’s Patrick Stumberg continues the UFC Vegas 33 “Prelims” party with the second (and final) installment of a two-part undercard preview series below. After clawing their way back into title contention, Middleweight finishers Uriah Hall and Sean Strickland attempt to take the next step this Saturday (July 31, 2021) when they headline the latest event inside UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada. UFC Vegas 33 was supposed to see Chris Daukaus trade hands with fellow Heavyweight striker Shamil Abdurakhimov; however, the big boy bout was scratched at the last minute (details here). As a result, Niklas Stolze — looking to secure his first UFC victory — takes on highly-touted Mounir Lazzez in a re-worked Welterweight […]
- Live: TUF 29 Results, Recap (Ep. 9)by Patrick L. Stumberg on July 28, 2021 at 1:58 am
UFCAfter a wild opening round, The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 29 heads into the endgame tonight (Tues., July 20, 2021) as deadlocked coaches Alexander Volkanovski and Brian Ortega look to claim victory in the inaugural semifinal. Gilbert Urbina’s absolute rout of late replacement Micheal Gillmore evened the score at 4-4 last week, capping off a four-fight comeback from Team Volkanovski. Bantamweight Ricky Turcios, who defeated Team Ortega’s first overall pick in Dan Argueta, will look to give his squad their first lead against fellow kingslayer Liudvik Sholinian. The current lineups: TEAM VOLKANOVSKIBantamweights: Mitch Raposo, Dustin Lampros, Ricky Turcios, Brady HiestandMiddleweights: Ryder Newman, Gilbert Urbina, Aaron Phillips, Bryan Battle TEAM ORTEGABantamweights: Dan Argueta, Liudvik Sholinian, Josh Rettinghouse, Vince Murdock,Middleweights: Andre Petroski, Tresean Gore, Micheal Gillmore, Kemran Lachinov Over in the house, Turcios chats with Bryan Battle about the unique […]
- ‘The Ultimate Fighter 29,’ Episode 9 highlightsby Matthew Wells on July 28, 2021 at 1:50 am
Check out the highlights of the eighth episode of the 29th season of “The Ultimate Fighter” featuring Ricky Turcios vs. Liudvik Sholinian
- Injured Tatiana Suarez off UFC 266; Diaz protégé among new additions to cardby Matthew Wells on July 28, 2021 at 1:10 am
UFC 266 loses Tatiana Suarez due to injury, but the promotion announced multiple additions, including the debut of Nate Diaz’s training partner Nick Maximov.
- Rafael dos Anjos Replies To Islam Makhachev But Not “Islam Makhachev”by Harvey Leonard on July 28, 2021 at 1:00 am
UFC lightweight Rafael dos Anjos has questioned who he is actually responding to when he replies to Islam Makhachev’s Twitter account. Dos Anjos’ latest comments come as the animosity between the Brazilian and the Dagestani continues to rise as their feuds rolls on. Following Makhachev’s tweet taunting dos Anjos after he jumped the veteran in Continue Reading Rafael dos Anjos Replies To Islam Makhachev But Not “Islam Makhachev” at MMA News.
- Rory MacDonald, Ray Cooper III to Headline PFL’s First 2021 Playoff Eventby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tudor Leonte) on July 28, 2021 at 12:35 am
One of the most anticipated fights in Professional Fighters League will take place on Aug. 13.
- Invicta FC 44 heads to pay-per-view, features two title fights at Aug. 27 eventby John Morgan on July 28, 2021 at 12:30 am
Invicta FC returns to pay-per-view for the first time in eight years for next month’s “Invicta FC 44: A New Era.”
- Bellator MMA Announces Douglas Lima vs. MVP 2, UK Return in Octoberby email@example.com (Tudor Leonte) on July 28, 2021 at 12:13 am
“Venom” will get an opportunity to revenge his only defeat.
- Tatiana Suarez out of UFC 266, promotion seeks new opponent for Roxanne Modafferiby Mike Heck on July 28, 2021 at 12:03 am
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesTatiana Suarez’s comeback will have to wait a little bit longer. The undefeated UFC strawweight standout and Ultimate Fighter 23 winner was set to return from an extended injury layoff in a flyweight fight against vet Roxanne Modafferi at UFC 266. But she was forced to withdraw from the pay-per-view event for undisclosed reasons, and the promotion now seeks a new opponent for Modafferi. The news was first reported by ESPN Deportes’ Carlos Contreras Legaspi and confirmed to MMA Fighting by multiple people with knowledge of cancellation. UFC 266 takes place Sept. 25 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and is headlined by a duo of title fights: Alexander Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega and Valentina Shevchenko vs. Lauren Murphy. Suarez most recently fought in June 2019 when she earned her fifth straight UFC victory with a decision over Nina Nunes. But she battled a serious neck injury and was forced to the sidelines, halting a […]
- UFC 266: Volkanovski vs. Ortega ticket details announcedby Shakiel Mahjouri on July 28, 2021 at 12:00 am
Photo by Mark Metcalfe/Getty ImagesFind out how you can attend UFC 266. Find out how you can be in the house for Alex Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega, plus Valentina Shevchenko vs. Lauren Murphy at UFC 266. UFC 266 takes place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV on Sat., Sept. 25 via ESPN+ pay-per-view (PPV). A double-headliner will see the UFC Featherweight and UFC Women’s Flyweight titles contested. Tickets for the event will go on sale Fri., July 30 at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT and are available for purchase at axs.com. Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Fight Clubmembers will have the opportunity to purchase tickets Wed., July 28 at 1 p.m. PT/10 a.m. PT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thurs., July 29 starting at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com. Also on the card is a […]
- Tatiana Suarez Off UFC 266, Fight With Modafferi To Be Rescheduledby Fernando Quiles Jr. on July 27, 2021 at 11:56 pm
Tatiana Suarez was looking to make her highly-anticipated return to the Octagon at UFC 266 but as plans will be, plans will go awry. Suarez was expected to do battle with Roxanne Modafferi in a women’s flyweight bout on Sept. 4. Carlos Contreras Legaspi of ESPN Deportes reports that this is no longer the case. Continue Reading Tatiana Suarez Off UFC 266, Fight With Modafferi To Be Rescheduled at MMA News.
- Bellator 263 pre-event facts: Patricio Freire, A.J. McKee own the record booksby Mike Bohn on July 27, 2021 at 11:30 pm
Check out all the facts and figures about Bellator 263, which takes place Saturday with a Patricio Freire vs. A.J. McKee main event.
- PFL announces full card for first playoff event headlined by Rory MacDonald vs. Ray Cooper III on Aug. 13by MMA Fighting Newswire on July 27, 2021 at 11:00 pm
PFLRory MacDonald and Ray Cooper III will headline the first PFL playoff card on Aug. 13 with the promotion announcing the full event that will take place in Hollywood, Fla. The welterweights and lightweights will compete for spots in the PFL finals taking place later this year. MacDonald will be making his third appearance in the PFL cage after going 1-1 in his first two fights for the promotion with his most recent outing ending a highly controversial decision loss to Gleison Tibaue. He’ll now look to take out a former PFL champion in Cooper, who was 2-0 during the regular season in 2021. The other welterweight matchup will pit Joao Zeferino against Magomed Magomedkerimov. UFC and boxing veteran Clay Collard will also compete on the main card as he takes on Rausch Manfio while Loik Radzhabov and Alexander Martinez will clash in the other lightweight semifinal. The winner of those two fights will then meet in the PFL finals. As for the undercard, two-time PFL champion Natan Schulte […]
- UFC Vegas 33 Loses Second Co-Main Event (In Same Day)by Shakiel Mahjouri on July 27, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Photo by RONNY HARTMANN/AFP via Getty ImagesThe teetering Jenga tower that is UFC Vegas 33 continues to fall apart. Deja vu all over again? UFC Vegas 33’s lineup continues to topple like dominoes after Mounir Lazzez vs. Niklas Stolze just got canned from the ESPN/ESPN+ card this weekend (Sat., July 31, 2021). Lazzez vs. Stolze was supposed to serve as the co-main event of UFC Vegas 33 (see the poster), headlined by Uriah Hall vs. Sean Strickland and taking place inside UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. Unfortunately, Lazzez was forced out of the fight because of visa issues, according to Stolze. Jared Gooden will step in on short notice to fight Stolze, according to a report by MMA Junkie. It’s unclear at this time if Stolze will remain in the co-main event opposite Gooden or if UFC will shuffle the deck once more. Another hit for #UFCVegas33, the new co-main event of Lazzez-Stolze is off. Lazzez has visa issues (shouldn’t he have been in Vegas by now?) and Stolze will remain on […]
- After frustrating UFC debut, Gloria de Paula excited to face ‘aggressive’ Cheyanne Buysby Farah Hannoun on July 27, 2021 at 10:30 pm
Gloria de Paula is confident that Cheyanne Buys will bring the best out of her.
- Jared Gooden vs. Niklas Stolze set after visa troubles scratch Mounir Lazzez from UFC Vegas 33by Mike Heck on July 27, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesUFC Vegas 33 is back to 13 bouts after visa troubles scratched Mounir Lazzez from Saturday’s event in Las Vegas. Jared Gooden will step in on short notice to take on Niklas Stolze at UFC APEX, multiple people told MMA Fighting after an initial report from MMA Junkie. Stolze announced Lazzez’s withdrawal on his Instagram page earlier today. UFC Vegas 33 suffered several setbacks on fight week with two bouts scuttled on Monday, trimming the card to 13 bouts. Heavyweights Shamil Abdurakhimov and Chris Daukaus were ruled out as co-main event when Abdurakhimov withdrew, and a middleweight fight between Sam Alvey and Roman Kopylov was cancelled due to visa issues with Kopylov. Gooden takes the short-notice opportunity with high stakes after losing his first two fights; the Titan FC vet has fallen short on points in bouts against Abubakar Nurmagomedov and Alan Jouban. UFC Vegas 33 is headlined by a middleweight fight between Uriah Hall […]
- Chuck Liddell Open To Entertaining Bare-Knuckle Fightby Fernando Quiles Jr. on July 27, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Don’t rule out seeing UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell compete under the BKFC banner. Liddell is considered to be a legend in MMA. He once dominated the UFC light heavyweight division. He’s beaten the likes of Tito Ortiz, Randy Couture, Vitor Belfort, Alistair Overeem, Kevin Randleman, and “Babalu” to name a few. As a Continue Reading Chuck Liddell Open To Entertaining Bare-Knuckle Fight at MMA News.
- Kamaru Usman opens as solid favorite over Colby Covington in planned UFC 268 rematchby Steven Marrocco on July 27, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Esther Lin, MMA FightingNot surprisingly, a leading online sportsbook has set UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman as a solid favorite to defend his title in a planned rematch with Colby Covington. The opening betting line for Usman vs. Covington 2, which has been targeted for UFC 268 on Nov. 6 at Madison Square Garden, has Usman as a -270 favorite and Covington as a +230 underdog. At those odds, a $100 wager on Usman would net $37.04 in profit, while a $100 bet on Covington would net $230. Usman’s implied winning probability, meanwhile, is 72.97 percent, while Covington’s is 30.3. Verbal agreements are in place for the welterweight rematch, which will arrive 23 months after their first meeting at UFC 245. After a very heated buildup, Usman had the final word with a fifth-round TKO that reportedly left Covington with a jaw injury. Covington later said his jaw wasn’t broken and claimed he was the victim of bad refereeing courtesy of Marc Goddard, whom he accused of favoring […]
- Video: Uriah Hall Vs. Anderson Silva Full Fightby Shakiel Mahjouri on July 27, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Photo: YouTube/UFCWatch Uriah Hall vs. Anderson Silva in its entirety ahead of Hall’s fight against Sean Strickland at UFC Vegas 12. Relive Uriah Hall vs. Anderson Silva in full ahead of Hall’s headlining clash with Sean Strickland at UFC Vegas 33. Hall vs. Strickland will serve as the main event for UFC Vegas 33, taking place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, NV on Sat., July 31 via ESPN and ESPN+. Ahead of the fight, the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) uploaded Hall vs. Silva as a free fight video. The middleweight clash between Hall and Silva headlined UFC Vegas 12 on Oct. 31, 2020. Hall scored a fourth-round TKO (watch here) over the legendary former UFC Middleweight champion. SIlva (34-11-0-1) subsequently retired from mixed martial arts (MMA) and transitioned to professional boxing. Silva subsequently defeated Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. via split decision in an eight-round boxing match on June 19. Hall’s followed up the win over Silva with a 17-second TKO (injury) win […]
- With Mounir Lazzez out, Jared Gooden targeted as replacement to face Niklas Stolze at UFC on ESPN 28by Farah Hannoun on July 27, 2021 at 9:40 pm
Mounir Lazzez won’t get to make his U.S. debut and Jared Gooden is now targeted to face Niklas Stolze at UFC on ESPN 28.
- Rory MacDonald Vows To Never Fight In NJ Again After Controversial Lossby Harvey Leonard on July 27, 2021 at 9:30 pm
PFL welterweight Rory MacDonald has vowed to never fight in New Jersey again following his controversial loss to Gleison Tibau. MacDonald’s comments come after he was on the wrong end of one of the most criticized judging decisions in MMA history at PFL 5 last month. Having dominated Curtis Millender in his first appearance of Continue Reading Rory MacDonald Vows To Never Fight In NJ Again After Controversial Loss at MMA News.
- UFC on ESPN 28 pre-event facts: Can Sean Strickland stay unbeaten at 185?by Mike Bohn on July 27, 2021 at 9:20 pm
The best facts and figures about UFC on ESPN 28, which features a Uriah Hall vs. Sean Strickland middleweight main event.
- Lima Vs. Page 2 Headlines Bellator ‘London’ On Oct. 1by Adam Guillen Jr. on July 27, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Bellator MMA is once again going back across the pond to stage an event for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic began … and its bringing a big fight in tow. The promotion recently announced the booking of a Welterweight bout between top contenders Douglas Lima and Michael Page. Of course, the fight is a rematch two years in the making after Lima initially defeated “Venom” via second round knockout at Bellator 221 in what was the semifinal round of the Welterweight Grand Prix. Lima eventually went on to defeat Rory MacDonald in the finals to capture the title. As for Page, the loss was the first and only setback of his mixed martial arts (MMA) career, snapping his 14-fight win streak. Since then, “Venom” has gone on to rack up five straight wins and was last seen re-arranging Derek Anderson’s face at Bellator 258 a few months ago (see it). Lima, meanwhile, hasn’t had the best run as of late. After winning the 170-pound strap, he failed in his bid to capture the […]
- Video: Oscar De La Hoya only wanted a real fight with Vitor Belfort: ‘We’re going to kick the sh*t out of each other’by Damon Martin on July 27, 2021 at 9:00 pm
When Oscar De La Hoya decided to make his return to the ring nearly 13 years after his retirement, he was ready to get into a fight again. The now 48-year-old Olympic gold medalist ultimately selected ex-UFC champion Vitor Belfort as his opponent as part of the upcoming Triller Fight Club event on Sept. 11 but when the bout was first coming together it was being promoted as an exhibition. Exhibitions have been all the rage in boxing lately with bouts involving names such as Floyd Mayweather, Logan Paul and Mike Tyson with all of them stepping into the ring to do battle but with a set of rules that don’t allow for winners and losers to be declared no matter the actual result in the fight, which means nothing gets added to anybody’s record. De La Hoya wanted no part of that, which is why he insisted on a professional boxing match with Belfort that will be sanctioned by the California State Athletic Commission with judges scoring ringside. On Tuesday as part of a pre-fight press […]
- Report: Walt Harris vs. Tai Tuivasa Set For UFC 267by Fernando Quiles Jr. on July 27, 2021 at 9:00 pm
A heavyweight collision has reportedly been added to the UFC 267 card. MMAJunkie.com reports that Walt Harris and Tai Tuivasa will mix it up on Oct. 30 in Abu Dhabi. This will be an opportunity for Tuivasa to crack the top 15 UFC heavyweight rankings. Harris holds the number 12 spot. Harris is currently on Continue Reading Report: Walt Harris vs. Tai Tuivasa Set For UFC 267 at MMA News.
- 2021 PFL Playoffs 1 additions include Oliver Aubin-Mercier vs. Natan Schulteby John Morgan on July 27, 2021 at 8:50 pm
While the PFL’s playoff structure has been set since June, the full lineup for the promotion’s upcoming events is now nearly complete.
- UFC Vegas 33 live results: Uriah Hall vs. Sean Stricklandby MMAWeekly.com Staff on July 27, 2021 at 8:27 pm
(Click on the fight below and then scroll down to see in-fight live stats and full results, courtesy of Fight Analytics. Full UFC Vegas 33 live results from the UFC Apex in Las Vegas are scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT on Saturday, July 31, on MMAWeekly.com.) UFC Vegas 33: Hall vs. Strickland schedule UFC Vegas 33 main card start time: 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT on ESPN+ and ESPNUFC Vegas 33 prelims start time: 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT on ESPN+ and ESPNNOTE: To select the appropriate fight, click on the images with the yellow name plates at the bottom of the Fight Analytics window and drag until you see the fight you are interested in. Quick results are located below the Fight Analytics window. UFC Vegas 33 live results *** UFC Vegas 33 live results will load here on fight night *** UFC Vegas 33: Hall vs. Strickland takes place on Saturday, July 31, at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. UFC Vegas 33 features a middleweight clash between no. 8 ranked Uriah Hall and no. […]
- UFC on ESPN 28 commentary team, broadcast plans set: Belal Muhammad returns to deskby Mike Bohn on July 27, 2021 at 8:20 pm
See who will serve as the three-man commentary trio for Saturday’s UFC on ESPN 28 event.
- Shooey-Vasa Scores ‘Big Ticket’ To Abu Dhabiby Jesse Holland on July 27, 2021 at 8:14 pm
Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLCStreaking heavyweight power puncher Tai Tuivasa will look to win his fourth straight fight when he goes to war with hot-and-cold heavyweight hurter Walt Harris, a three-round showdown in the works for the upcoming UFC 267 pay-per-view (PPV) event on Oct. 30 in Abu Dhabi, where the “Fight Island” facilities remain open and operational. That’s according to MMA Junkie. Tuivasa, 28, endeared himself to the combat sports community by planishing heavyweight headline-maker Greg Hardy at UFC 264 earlier this month in Las Vegas. The 12-3 “Bam Bam” — who also drinks beer from a shoe — scored knockout wins over Stefan Struve and Harry Hunsucker, just to name a few. As for Harris (13-10, 1 NC), his once-promising future came to a crashing halt after suffering a cruel personal tragedy. The 38 year-old “Big Ticket” has now dropped three straight, with all three losses coming by way of technical knockout. That includes last June’s implosion against […]
- Dan Hooker Issues An Apparent Open Challenge For UFC 266by Kenny Lee on July 27, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Dan Hooker is eager to get back in the Octagon and is looking for a fight, against anyone. #8-ranked lightweight contender Hooker issued a callout to any fighter that wishes to fight him at UFC 266. The event will take place on September 25, 2021 at T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada. “ANYBODY CAN GET IT #UFC266,” wrote Hooker. Continue Reading Dan Hooker Issues An Apparent Open Challenge For UFC 266 at MMA News.
- Chuck Liddell teases interest in bare-knuckle fighting: ‘If they’re interested, come and talk to me’by MMA Fighting Newswire on July 27, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Chuck Liddell | Esther Lin, MMA FightingUFC legend Chuck Liddell has never backed down from a fight and if the right offer came along, he’d even entertain taking his gloves off to throw hands with an opponent. This past weekend at BKFC 19, Liddell was part of a special commentary team doing an alternate broadcast for the event on FITE TV headlined by ex-UFC star Paige VanZant and Rachael Ostovich. During the event, Liddell’s podcast partners from the Drinkin’ Bros network asked him what kind of offer it would take for him to crossover into bare-knuckle fighting. While he scoffed at $100,000 as a possible dollar amount, Liddell didn’t completely shut down the idea as long as the money and the opportunity were right for him. “It would all have to depend,” Liddell said during the broadcast. “We’d have to talk about it. Yeah, if they pay enough money, sure. It all depends on what they come up with. We can talk about it. If they’re interested come and talk to me.” […]
- Walt Harris vs. Tai Tuivasa added to UFC 267 in Abu Dhabiby Nolan King on July 27, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Put down the shooey, a heavyweight battle is headed to “Fight Island.”
- Matheus Nicolau vs. Tim Elliott targeted for UFC event on Oct. 9by Mike Heck on July 27, 2021 at 7:14 pm
Matheus Nicolau | Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC via Getty ImagesAn exciting flyweight matchup is headed to the octagon this fall. Multiple people with knowledge of the promotion’s plans confirmed to MMA Fighting that Matheus Nicolau and Tim Elliott are targeted to fight at the UFC’s event on Oct. 9. Although a venue and location has yet to be officially announced, the event is expected to take place at UFC APEX in Las Vegas. Nicolau returned to the UFC in March after winning a pair of fights for Brave CF and Future FC respectively. The No. 12-ranked fighter in MMA Fighting’s Global Rankings picked up a split decision win over former RIZIN champion Manel Kape at UFC Vegas 21. A competitor on the fourth season of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil, Nicolau has won nine of his past 10 bouts. After dropping three straight and four of five between June 2017 and May 2020, Elliott has picked up back-to-back victories. The 34-year-old capped off his 2020 campaign with a decision win over […]
- Strickland Thinks It’s His Duty As A UFC “Prostitute” To Fight To The Deathby Harvey Leonard on July 27, 2021 at 7:00 pm
UFC middleweight Sean Strickland has provided a bizarre analysis of his role in the promotion as a fighter ahead of his upcoming bout. Strickland’s comments come ahead of his first main event in the UFC this weekend. Against perennial contender Uriah Hall, the #11-ranked middleweight will look to continue his rise in the division and Continue Reading Strickland Thinks It’s His Duty As A UFC “Prostitute” To Fight To The Death at MMA News.
- Video: Oscar De La Hoya and Vitor Belfort face off for the first timeby MMA Junkie Staff on July 27, 2021 at 6:50 pm
Watch as De La Hoya and Vitor Belfort stare each other down at Tuesday’s pre-fight press conference.
- Chris Daukaus rips Shamil Abdurakhimov: ‘A guy who’s had two years of rest felt too weak to fight’by Farah Hannoun on July 27, 2021 at 6:40 pm
Chris Daukaus no longer interested in “weak” Shamil Abdurakhimov following a second straight week rescheduling the contest.
- UFC on ESPN 28 Loses Chris Daukaus-Shamil Abdurakhimov Co-Main Eventby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tudor Leonte) on July 27, 2021 at 6:31 pm
The “UFC Vegas 33” card has lost two more fights just days away from the event.
- Conor McGregor tweets and deletes vile comment about Khabib Nurmagomedov’s late fatherby Hunter Brownstein on July 27, 2021 at 6:30 pm
It appears Conor McGregor is not handling his recent loss well. After his first round TKO loss to Dustin Poirier as a result of a doctor’s stoppage due to a broken tibia and fibula at UFC 264, McGregor’s bitter rival Khabib Nurmagomdeov tweeted his thoughts on the result. Good always defeats evil.Very happy for @DustinPoirier I hope you will get the belt end of the year— khabib nurmagomedov (@TeamKhabib) July 11, 2021 After two weeks, McGregor seemingly tweeted his response to Nurmagomedov, going after his late father Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov, who unfortunately passed away last year after complications resulting from the contraction of COVID-19. Conor McGregor on the mend and hanging with Justin Bieber in Beverly Hills The tweet has since been deleted. The bad blood between McGregor and the now retired Nurmagomedov stems from the acrimonious leadup to their fight at UFC 229 in 2018. In his first successful title defense, Nurmagomedov defeated McGregor at UFC 229 by […]
- Urijah Faber on Dillashaw: He & His Family Knows He Has Been Cheatingby Clyde Aidoo on July 27, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Urijah Faber has shed some more insight into the doping of former Team Alpha Male protégé T.J. Dillashaw, which “The California Kid” alleges has been going on for much longer than the 2019 test failure. T.J. Dillashaw’s positive drug test following his 2019 loss to Henry Cejudo at UFC on ESPN 1 has been well Continue Reading Urijah Faber on Dillashaw: He & His Family Knows He Has Been Cheating at MMA News.
- Francis Ngannou frustrated over judges’ scoring: ‘Something needs to be done for athletes getting robbed’by Farah Hannoun on July 27, 2021 at 5:50 pm
UFC heavyweight champ Francis Ngannou thinks something needs to be done for fighters handed controversial decisions – and reduced paychecks.
- Video: Oscar De La Hoya vs. Vitor Belfort press conference live streamby MMA Junkie Staff on July 27, 2021 at 5:45 pm
You can watch Tuesday’s news conference from Staples Center in advance of “Triller Fight Club: Legends II” here on MMA Junkie at 2:30 p.m. ET.
- PFL announces full fight card for first playoff eventby Press Release on July 27, 2021 at 5:04 pm
The Professional Fighters League (PFL), the fastest growing and most innovative sports league, has set the card for its first Playoff event Friday, August 13 on ESPN2 and ESPN+. Fighters across the lightweight and welterweight divisions will look to make it out of the final four and move one step closer to becoming a PFL champion and capturing $1 million in prize money. “The excitement of the Professional Fighters League’s final four is unmatched in sports. The stakes for the fighters could not be higher as they compete for spots in the $1 million world championship bouts,” said PFL CEO Peter Murray. “Not only will 550 million MMA fans around the world witness win-or-go-home Playoff action, but they will see some of the best fighters the PFL has to offer showcased.” Fighters from the first two of six divisional final four brackets will compete at the first playoff event on Aug. 13, broadcast live across ESPN2 and ESPN+, with former world champions Ray Cooper III and […]
- Spinning Back Clique: What’s next for VanZant? Dillashaw? And what’s at stake with ‘Pitbull’ vs. McKee?by MMA Junkie Staff on July 27, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Check out this week’s “Spinning Back Clique” where the panel discusses the hottest topics in the world of MMA.
- Gilbert Burns Has A Change Of Heart About Nate Diazby Fernando Quiles Jr. on July 27, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Gilbert Burns doesn’t appear to have much of a beef with Nate Diaz after all. Burns has been calling for a bout with the Stockton native. The number two-ranked UFC welterweight is coming off a unanimous decision victory against Stephen Thompson. After the fight, Burns called for some big names such as Diaz and Jorge Continue Reading Gilbert Burns Has A Change Of Heart About Nate Diaz at MMA News.
- Henry Cejudo credits T.J. Dillashaw’s mindset: I believe he won, even though he got beat up by Cory Sandhagenby Farah Hannoun on July 27, 2021 at 4:10 pm
Despite their past rivalry, Henry Cejudo thinks T.J. Dillashaw did enough to beat Cory Sandhagen.
- Joe Rogan explains why he interviewed Conor McGregor after UFC 264by Farah Hannoun on July 27, 2021 at 3:20 pm
Joe Rogan received plenty of criticism for interviewing Conor McGregor after UFC 264, but there’s an explanation.
- Patricio Freire: A.J. McKee, father will pay for all the sh*t they’ve been sayingby Farah Hannoun on July 27, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Patricio Freire is not happy with some of things both Antonio McKee and his son, A.J. McKee, have said ahead of Bellator 263.
- T.J. Dillashaw to undergo knee surgery after UFC on ESPN 27 win over Cory Sandhagenby Farah Hannoun on July 27, 2021 at 2:00 pm
After returning from a two-and-a-half year layoff, T.J. Dillashaw will be forced to the sidelines once again.
- TJ Dillashaw headed to surgery after UFC Vegas 32 win over Cory Sandhagenby Jeff Cain on July 27, 2021 at 8:01 am
Former two-time bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw edged out no. 2 ranked contender Cory Sandhagen in the UFC Vegas 32 main event on July 24 by split decision. It was Dillashaw’s return after serving a two-year suspension for testing positive for EPO before and after his 2019 loss to then flyweight champion Henry Cejudo. Dillashaw was victorious in his return but it came with a price. The 35-year old suffered injuries that will require surgery in the fight and expects to go under the knife in the coming days. “No place like home, this right here brings me all the joy I need. #daddyshome,” Dillashaw posted to his Facebook page. “Went in for a mri today, found out that I suffered a displaced Bucket Handle tear of the Lateral Meniscus and a Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) rupture at the end of the first round landing ground and pound while being lazy in a compromised position. The good news is that these tears are repairable and will have a very speedy recovery. Going in […]
- ‘The Tiny Tornado’ Tecia Torres posts UFC 265 training footage | Videoby MMAWeekly.com Staff on July 27, 2021 at 7:40 am
No. 10 ranked women’s strawweight contender Tecia Torres faces no. 12 ranked Angela Hill in a rematch on Aug. 7 on the UFC 265 pay-per-view fight card. The two first fought back at UFC 188 in June 2015 where Torres defeated Hill by unanimous decision. Torres has posted several videos of her preparing for the UFC 265 showdown with Hill on Instagram. Check them out. Kamaru Usman-Colby Covington rematch slated for UFC 268 View this post on Instagram A post shared by Tecia Torres (@teciatorres) View this post on Instagram A post shared by Tecia Torres (@teciatorres) View this post on Instagram A post shared by Tecia Torres (@teciatorres) View this post on Instagram A post shared by Tecia Torres (@teciatorres) View this post on Instagram A post shared by Tecia Torres (@teciatorres) View this post on Instagram A post shared by Tecia Torres (@teciatorres) Jake […]
- Watch Uriah Hall finish Anderson Silva in Silva’s final UFC appearance | Videoby MMAWeekly.com Staff on July 27, 2021 at 7:03 am
Uriah Hall defeated the former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva in his most recent main event bout in 2020. The fight would be Silva’s final inside the UFC Octagon. Hall will face Sean Strickland in the main event of UFC Vegas 33 on Saturday, July 31 at UFC Apex in Las Vegas. Kamaru Usman-Colby Covington rematch slated for UFC 268 (Courtesy of UFC) Stipe Miocic hints at possibility of signing with ONE Championship
- Kolton Englund Brutalizes Alec Williams at Fury FC 48by email@example.com (Ben Duffy) on July 27, 2021 at 6:48 am
If cancer couldn’t stop Kolton Englund, best of luck to anything or anyone else between him and a shot at regaining the Fury FC lightweight title.
- Koreshkov vs. Homasi, Sorenson vs. Samad Among Matchups Set for Bellator 264by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tudor Leonte) on July 27, 2021 at 5:16 am
The upcoming Bellator 264 card has gained several intriguing matchups.
- Kamaru Usman-Colby Covington Rematch Targeted for UFC 268 in Novemberby email@example.com (Tudor Leonte) on July 27, 2021 at 5:04 am
Two bitter rivals will have the chance to settle their rivalry once and for all inside the Octagon.
- Kamaru Usman-Colby Covington rematch slated for UFC 268by Hunter Brownstein on July 26, 2021 at 10:42 pm
The rematch between Kamaru Usman and Colby Covington has finally been agreed upon, according to a report from ESPN’s Brett Okamoto. While the exact date and location are yet to be determined, the fight will headline UFC 268 in November but the UFC is looking to have the fight at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Usman (19-1) and Covington (16-2) first squared off at UFC 245 in December 2019 in what was arguably one of the best title fights in UFC history, where Usman walked away victorious. While the fight was extremely close throughout five rounds, Usman did punctuate his victory with a fifth round stoppage by way of TKO. Since then, ‘The Nigerian Nightmare’ has defended his title three times. Two of his title defenses took place in 2021 with both ending by way of knockout victory for Usman. Jake Paul says he’s in talks to box Conor McGregor: ‘I’m the money fight’ Covington, on the other hand, has not fought since September 2020. ‘Chaos’ last […]
- Stipe Miocic hints at possibility of signing with ONE Championshipby Hunter Brownstein on July 26, 2021 at 6:25 pm
It has been a rough several months for former two-time UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic. First, Miocic lost his heavyweight title in a second round knockout loss to Francis Ngannou in March at UFC 260. After that, a rematch for Miocic was not even discussed. The narrative surrounding who was next for Ngannou immediately jumped to either a superfight with Jon Jones or a rematch with no. 2 ranked heavyweight Derrick Lewis. With no rematch in sight for Miocic, and now an interim heavyweight title fight between Derrick Lewis and Ciryl Gane scheduled for UFC 265, it appears Miocic has grown frustrated with the UFC. In an Instagram post, ONE Championship posted a photo with the caption, “Who should Chatri sign to ONE Championship? Nominate yourself or a fighter you know via the link in our bio 👉 @onechampionship” Miocic commented on the post with a series of emojis. Jon Jones posts training footage hitting pads | Video A profile with the name […]
- Jake Paul says he’s in talks to box Conor McGregor: ‘I’m the money fight’by MMAWeekly.com Staff on July 26, 2021 at 4:07 pm
Actor and YouTube star turned professional boxer Jake Paul will fight former UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley on Aug. 29 at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in Cleveland, Ohio. Before he steps in the ring with Woodley, Paul is already eyeing his next opponent, former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor. During an appearance on The Herd with Colin Cowherd, Paul said that he’s in talks with McGregor’s team to make the fight happen. “I think it will happen. Look, I’m the money fight for Conor McGregor right now,” Paul told The Herd. “There is no other fighter right now who is on a bigger level than me that is calling out Conor McGregor and wants to fight Conor. Our team is in touch with his team and there’s talks of it actually happening. People at first thought I was just joking when I said I wanted to fight him. But now it’s as real as it gets, it’s more real than ever and by the way, if we do fight, I’m going to knock him out.” While Paul claims […]
- Conor McGregor takes family to Justin Bieber concert, posts photosby MMAWeekly.com Staff on July 26, 2021 at 12:38 pm
Former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor continues to heal from a broken leg suffered in the UFC 264 main event, but it’s not slowing him down. Last week, “The Notorious posted photos of himself hanging out with Justin Bieber in Beverly Hills. On Sunday, McGregor posted a series of photos of himself and his family attending a Bieber concert. Check them out (click the right arrow to scroll through the photos). Jon Jones posts training footage hitting pads | Video View this post on Instagram A post shared by Conor McGregor Official (@thenotoriousmma) Jake Paul says he’s in talks to box Conor McGregor: ‘I’m the money fight’
- Jon Jones posts training footage hitting pads | Videoby MMAWeekly.com Staff on July 26, 2021 at 12:25 pm
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones hasn’t fought since February 2020. He vacated his title in August 2020 with aspirations of moving up to the heavyweight division to make a run at the title. With his career in limbo due to failed negotiations with the fight promotion, Jones continues to train and prepare for an eventual heavyweight debut. Check out the recent footage “Bones” posted on Instagram. Conor McGregor on the mend and hanging with Justin Bieber in Beverly Hills View this post on Instagram A post shared by BONY (@jonnybones) UFC Champ Rose Namajunas Harnesses the Power of Nature in String Bikini | Video
- UFC on ESPN 27: Four Fighters Pocket $50K Bonusesby firstname.lastname@example.org (Lev Pisarsky) on July 25, 2021 at 10:14 am
Perhaps surprisingly, given the number of finishes and tremendous back-and-forth battles, UFC on ESPN 27 saw just four bonuses.
- Post-Suspension T.J. Dillashaw Decisions Cory Sandhagen in UFC on ESPN 27 Headlinerby email@example.com (Brian Knapp) on July 25, 2021 at 6:59 am
T.J. Dillashaw earns split decision over Cory Sandhagen in UFC on ESPN 27 main event on Saturday in Las Vegas.
- UFC on ESPN 27 ‘Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw’ Play-by-Play, Results & Round Scoringby firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) on July 25, 2021 at 6:59 am
Sherdog’s live UFC on ESPN 27 coverage will begin Saturday at 4 p.m. ET.
- UFC on ESPN 27 Prelims: Brendan Allen Outduels Heavy-Handed Punahele Sorianoby email@example.com (Brian Knapp) on July 25, 2021 at 6:59 am
Brendan Allen danced with danger and survived to tell the tale.
- UFC Vegas 32 Bonuses: Main Card Fighters Cash Inby Hunter Brownstein on July 25, 2021 at 3:28 am
Kyler Phillips, Raulian Paiva, Adrian Yanez, and Darren Elkins all cashed out with an extra $50,000 in performance bonuses for their work at UFC Vegas 32. Phillips and Paiva were awarded Fight of the Night bonuses for their three round co-main event, while Yanez and Elkins were awarded for their TKO wins. LAS VEGAS, NEVADA – JULY 24: (L-R) Kyler Phillips punches Raulian Paiva of Brazil in their bantamweight fight during the UFC Fight Night event at UFC APEX on July 24, 2021 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC) Phillips and Paiva were awarded for their back and forth three round fight. Phillips was dominant through the first round, with Phillips dropping him and landing a substantial amount of strikes on him. Paiva picked it up in the latter rounds, though, outstriking Phillips 20-14 in each round and adequately mixing in ground game as well. UFC Vegas 32 Results: TJ Dillashaw gets split decision nod against Cory Sandhagen in return to fighting Adrian […]
- UFC Vegas 32 Results: TJ Dillashaw gets split decision nod against Cory Sandhagen in return to fightingby Hunter Brownstein on July 25, 2021 at 3:03 am
TJ Dillashaw picked up his first victory since 2018 in his return to mixed martial arts over former training partner and no. 2 ranked contender Cory Sandhagen in the main event of UFC Vegas 32. The first round started off quickly. Both former training partners immediately engaged, with Sandhagen and Dillashaw trading shots. The fight went to the ground several times, with frequent transitions and Dillashaw capitalizing on positions when the fight went back to the feet. With his control and grappling, it appeared Dillashaw took the first round. Round two was much more striking oriented. Sandhagen noticeably wobbled Dillashaw, which drew the attention of everybody watching the fight, including the commentators. From there on, Sandhagen poured on his striking output. ‘The Sandman’ opened up a nasty cut over Dillashaw’s right eye. Dillashaw then resorted to clinch control for the remaining part of the second round, which was a very successful technique for him in the first. It […]
- UFC Vegas 32 live results: Cory Sandhagen vs TJ Dillashawby MMAWeekly.com Staff on July 24, 2021 at 3:18 pm
(Click on the fight below and then scroll down to see in-fight live stats and full results, courtesy of Fight Analytics. Full UFC Vegas 32 live results from the UFC Apex in Las Vegas are scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT on Saturday, July 23, on MMAWeekly.com.) UFC Vegas 32: Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw schedule UFC Vegas 32 main card start time: 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT on ESPN+ and ESPNUFC Vegas 32 prelims start time: 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT on ESPN+ and ESPNNOTE: To select the appropriate fight, click on the images with the yellow name plates at the bottom of the Fight Analytics window and drag until you see the fight you are interested in. Quick results are located below the Fight Analytics window. UFC Vegas 32 Live Results UFC Vegas 32: Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw takes place on Saturday, July 23, at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. UFC Vegas 32 features the anticipated bantamweight battle between top contender Cory Sandhagen and returning former champion TJ Dillashaw. […]
- Rachael Ostovich defeats Paige VanZant in BKFC 19 main eventby MMAWeekly.com Staff on July 24, 2021 at 6:07 am
Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship ring was in the Florida State Fairgrounds on Friday in Tampa for BKFC 19 headlined by a rematch between Paige VanZant and Rachael Ostovich. The two first fought in mixed martial arts at UFC on ESPN+ 1 in January 2019 where VanZant defeated Ostovich by submission. On Friday, Ostovich avenged the previously loss in boxing defeating VanZant by unanimous decision. VanZant displayed fast hands with her jab and combinations, but Ostovich stood in the pocket with “12 Gauge” and connected with power punches. @paigevanzant and @rachaelostovich Toe The Line #BKFC19 pic.twitter.com/fV2ec02Wh4— Bare Knuckle FC (@bareknucklefc) July 24, 2021 Ostovich’s right hand found a home consistently all fight. In the third round, Ostovich delivered several clean right hands and she staggered VanZant in the fourth. When the judges rendered their scorecards, which read 48-47, 48-47, and 49-46 in favor of Ostovich, VanZant walked out of the ring upset by […]
- Conor McGregor on the mend and hanging with Justin Bieber in Beverly Hillsby MMAWeekly.com Staff on July 24, 2021 at 1:42 am
Former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor is no the mend and hanging out with Justin Bieber in Beverly Hills. McGregor snapped his leg in the closing seconds of the first round in the UFC 264 main event on July 10 in his trilogy match against former interim lightweight champion Dustin Poirier. “The Notorious” underwent successful surgery the day after the event and his healing in style. On Friday, McGregor posted photos of himself relaxing with Bieber. Check them out (click right to scroll through the photos). Anderson Silva-Logan Paul boxing match in the works, Paul opened as betting favorite View this post on Instagram A post shared by Conor McGregor Official (@thenotoriousmma) UFC Champ Rose Namajunas Harnesses the Power of Nature in String Bikini | Video
- UFC on ESPN 27 Weigh-in Results: Main Event Set, All Fighters Make Weightby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tyler Treese) on July 24, 2021 at 12:03 am
The Ultimate Fighting Championship returns to ESPN airwaves for the second straight week with UFC on ESPN 27, featuring a disgraced former champion.
- Anderson Silva-Logan Paul boxing match in the works, Paul opened as betting favoriteby Hunter Brownstein on July 23, 2021 at 6:28 pm
As if the combat sports landscape could not get anymore interesting, YouTuber and professional boxer Logan Paul is in talks to box former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, according to a report from ESPN’s Mike Coppinger. The fight could take place later in the year. Paul is coming off of an exhibition boxing match with Floyd Mayweather that took place in June, the fight went the distance to the surprise of many. The pay-per-view event was distributed by Showtime and was extremely successful financially. Rankings Review: Miesha Tate Re-Enters UFC Rankings After Nearly Five Years Away Silva is also coming off of a boxing match of his own that also took place in June. ‘The Spider’ defeated former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. by split decision. Silva, 46, is 11 years older than Chavez and decisively outstruck the former world champion. Initially, Paul opened as a -200 favorite to defeat Silva, who opened as a +160 underdog. Anderson […]
- UFC Vegas 32 Weigh-in Results and Video: All fighters make weightby MMAWeekly.com Staff on July 23, 2021 at 6:01 pm
The athletes competing on Saturday’s UFC Vegas 32 fight card at UFC Apex officially weighed in on Friday in Las Vegas. In the fight card’s main event, no. 2 ranked bantamweight contender Cory Sandhagen takes on former two-time bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw. Both fighters weighed in at 136 pounds. UFC Vegas 32 Weigh-in Video (Courtesy of UFC) UFC Vegas 32 Official Weigh-in Results Main Card (7 p.m. ET, ESPN/ESPN+) Cory Sandhagen (136) vs. T.J. Dillashaw (136)Raulian Paiva (135.5) vs. Kyler Phillips (135.5)Darren Elkins (146) vs. Darrick Minner (145.5)Maycee Barber (125.5) vs. Miranda Maverick (125.5)Randy Costa (135) vs. Adrian Yanez (135.5)Preliminary Card (4 p.m. ET, ESPN/ESPN+) Brendan Allen (185.5) vs. Punahele Soriano (185.5)Ian Heinisch (185.5) vs. Nassourdine Imavov (185.5)Mickey Gall (169.5) vs. Jordan Williams (170.5)Julio Arce (135.5) vs. Andre Ewell (135)Sijara Eubanks (125) vs. Elise Reed (125)Diana Belbita (114.5) vs. Hannah Goldy (115.5)
- Adrian Yanez prepared to be on his toes against Randy Costa at UFC Vegas 32by Mick Hammond on July 23, 2021 at 5:54 pm
Following back-to-back undefeated years in 2019 and 2020, bantamweight Adrian Yanez was seeking to continue his success in his first bout of 2021 when he faces Gustavo Lopez at UFC Fight Night in March. Surprisingly Yanez ended up have a less difficult fight than he was anticipating en route to a third round TKO of Lopez to pick up his sixth straight win. “I was expecting a grind-ier fight, because I know Gustavo is that type of fighter who will go grit for grit,” Yanez told MMAWeekly.com. “I honestly expected a lot more, but the way everything lined up it went perfectly for the game I play. “It kicked off my 2021 very great. Especially someone who went three rounds with Merab (Dvalishvilli) and I go in there and finish the guy that says a lot to where I’m at as a fighter. I went out there and pretty much pitched a shutout against Gustavo. I feel like I’m on momentum that can’t be stopped.” With an opportunity to train more, Yanez believes he’s the most […]
- Rankings Review: Miesha Tate Re-Enters UFC Rankings After Nearly Five Years Awayby Peter Parsons on July 23, 2021 at 10:49 am
It might be an understatement to say the UFC has some questionable rankings. You would expect rankings to be questionable as they are subjective; however, in this column, I will point out rankings that I think are glaring mistakes. I will also analyze significant movement in the rankings that I agree with. Editorial Commentary by Peter Parsons Since writing this column for the past six months, I have focused on rankings that I thought were glaring mistakes. I am slightly broadening the focus moving forward. Along with pointing out rankings that I disagree with, I will also explain why I agree with certain rankings when there is significant movement involved. In this week’s Rankings Review, I agree with the movement of the two high profile winners from this past Saturday. Meisha Tate entered the top 10 for the first time in nearly five years after defeating previous No. 12 ranked Marion Reneau in the veteran Reneau’s retirement fight. Despite defeating a […]
- UFC Champ Rose Namajunas Harnesses the Power of Nature in String Bikini | Videoby MMAWeekly.com Staff on July 23, 2021 at 7:49 am
Two-time UFC women’s strawweight champion Rose Namajunas got back to nature recently and took in the power of a waterfall and posted the footage on social media. Namajunas became the first female fighter in UFC history to lose a title and win it back when she defeated former champion Zhang Weili by knockout at UFC 261 in April. Conor McGregor on the mend and hanging with Justin Bieber in Beverly Hills View this post on Instagram A post shared by Rose Namajunas (@rosenamajunas) Jake Paul says he’s in talks to box Conor McGregor: ‘I’m the money fight’
- Israel Adesanya breaks down Cory Sandhagen vs TJ Dillashaw | Videoby MMAWeekly.com Staff on July 23, 2021 at 6:51 am
Middleweight champion Israel Adesanya gives his world class analysis on Saturday’s UFC Vegas 32 main event between former two-time bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw and no. 2 ranked contender Cory Sandhagen. Dillashaw is coming off a two-year suspension after testing positive to EPO and hopes to jump right back into title contention with a win over the no. 2 contender. TJ Dillashaw no longer concerned with reputation amongst fans: “F–k your reputation” (Courtesy of FREESTYLEBENDER) Check out TJ Dillashaw’s top UFC finishes | Video
- Holly Holm showcases a striking drill | Videoby MMAWeekly.com Staff on July 23, 2021 at 6:28 am
Former UFC Bantamweight champion “The Preacher’s Daughter” Holly Holm is known for her striking prowess inside the octagon and boxing ring. The multiple division boxing champion and UFC titleholder posted a video on social media demonstrating a striking drill she does in training. Check it out. UFC Champ Rose Namajunas Harnesses the Power of Nature in String Bikini | Video View this post on Instagram A post shared by Holly Holm (@hollyholm) Paige VanZant looking sharp ahead of BKFC 19 | Video
- UFC on ESPN 27 Loses Co-Main Ladd-Chiasson Matchup Due to Chiasson Injuryby email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on July 23, 2021 at 6:14 am
The night before weigh-ins for the next Ultimate Fighting Championship card, the co-main event has fallen through.
- LFA Head Ed Soares Believes LFA Brazil Events the First of Many to Comeby firstname.lastname@example.org (Marcelo Alonso) on July 23, 2021 at 4:21 am
If Legacy Fighting Alliance CEO Ed Soares has his way, the promotion will be making a habit out of traveling to Brazil.
- Check out TJ Dillashaw’s top UFC finishes | Videoby MMAWeekly.com Staff on July 23, 2021 at 2:31 am
Take a look back at former two-time bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw’s top finishes inside the UFC octagon. Dillashaw (16-4) returns on Saturday in the UFC Vegas 32 main event against no. 2 ranked contender Cory Sandhagen (14-2). Dillashaw last competed in January 2019. He’s been on the sidelines fulfilling a two-year suspension for testing positive to EPO. He’ll look to get his career back on track against Sandhagen. TJ Dillashaw no longer concerned with reputation amongst fans: “F–k your reputation” (Courtesy of UFC) TJ Dillashaw on positive drug test: ‘It’s something I’ve gotten past’, predicts finish of Cory Sandhagen
- Joaquin Buckley Squares Off with Antonio Arroyo at Sept. 18 UFC Cardby email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on July 23, 2021 at 1:56 am
It’s knock out or get knocked out with this upcoming Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight tilt in September.
- Ian Heinisch ready to take care of business at UFC Vegas 32by Mick Hammond on July 23, 2021 at 1:28 am
Looking back on his unanimous decision loss to Kelvin Gastelum at UFC 258 this past February, middleweight Ian Heinisch feels like he’s able to identify the biggest cause for his defeat. According to Heinisch, his biggest downfall was the fact that he focused too much on what he thought Gastelum was going to do in the fight and not as much on what he himself was going to bring to the match. “I was training for a certain Kevin Gastelum in my mind,” Heinisch told MMAWeekly.com. “I learned that I need to go back to my roots, what I do when I wrestling, and not being so focused on film. “It was such a long camp. It was 12 weeks and then it got extended three more weeks. It was so much time focused on a certain style; instead of just focusing on what style am I and dissecting any obstacle in front of me.” In addition to normal adjustments he would made between fights, Heinisch has begun to focus more on training in Florida rather than his native Colorado. […]
- Vitor Belfort-Oscar De La Hoya Boxing Match Changed from Exhibition to Professional Boutby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on July 22, 2021 at 4:33 am
The stakes have been raised for the scheduled boxing match between Vitor Belfort and Oscar De La Hoya.
- James Gallagher vs. Patrick Mix Targeted for Bellator’s Return to Ireland on Nov. 5by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on July 22, 2021 at 1:23 am
A bantamweight clash pitting James Gallagher against Patrick Mix is in the works for Bellator MMA’s return to Ireland on Nov. 5.
- Kai Kamaka Steps in to Face Danny Chavez at UFC on ESPN 28by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on July 22, 2021 at 1:09 am
Kai Kamaka III will replace the injured Doo Ho Choi and meet Danny Chavez at UFC on ESPN 28.
- Brandon Moreno: Deiveson Figueiredo Needs Another Win Before Receiving Title Shotby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on July 21, 2021 at 8:54 am
Brandon Moreno doesn’t sound as though he believes a trilogy with Deiveson Figueiredo will be his next move.
- UFC on ESPN 26 Medical Suspensions: Three Fighters Facing 6-Month Termsby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on July 21, 2021 at 2:12 am
Three athletes from Saturday’s UFC on ESPN 26 card could be sidelined for as long as six months.
- Kongo vs. Kharitonov, Borics vs. Wilson Top Bellator 265 Lineup on Aug. 20by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on July 21, 2021 at 1:53 am
A heavyweight showdown between Cheick Kongo and Sergei Kharitonov will serve as the main event for Bellator 265.
- Orthopedist for ‘Jacare’ Suggests Research on Relation Between Weight Cutting, Fracturesby firstname.lastname@example.org (Marcelo Alonso) on July 21, 2021 at 1:35 am
In recent months, UFC fans have seen three bouts end abruptly after fighters suffered gruesome fractures.
- Rizin 30 to Include Bantamweight Grand Prix Quarterfinals, Return of Ayaka Hamasakiby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on July 21, 2021 at 1:10 am
A quartet of bantamweight grand prix quarterfinals will be the featured attraction at Rizin Fighting Federation 30 on Sept. 19.
- Semifinal Matchups Unveiled for Professional Fighters League Playoffsby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on July 20, 2021 at 11:50 am
The semifinal pairings for all six weight classes in the Professional Fighters League playoffs are now official.
- Bellator 265 to Take Place in South Dakota on Aug. 20by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on July 20, 2021 at 5:26 am
Bellator MMA is expected to venture to South Dakota for an upcoming card on Aug. 20.
- Bellator 263 Adds Three New Bouts, Loses Raufeon Stots vs. Magomed Magomedovby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on July 20, 2021 at 4:46 am
Bellator 263 has gained a trio of contests while losing an intriguing bantamweight matchup.
- Chris Daukaus vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov Pushed Back One Week to UFC on ESPN 28by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on July 20, 2021 at 2:41 am
A heavyweight clash pitting Chris Daukaus against Shamil Abdurakhimov that was originally slated for UFC on ESPN 27 this Saturday has been pushed back one week.
- Thiago Moises Releases Statement Following UFC on ESPN 26 Main Event Defeatby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on July 20, 2021 at 12:08 am
Thiago Moises is moving forward with a positive attitude following his loss to Islam Makhachev in the UFC on ESPN 26 headliner this past Saturday.
- Dan Hooker ‘Got Bored’ Watching Islam Makhachev’s Victory at UFC on ESPN 26by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on July 19, 2021 at 11:59 pm
If there is one obstacle to Islam Makhachev’s rise through the UFC’s lightweight division, it’s that his style is not as fan friendly as some of the other top contenders.
- Shoulder Injury Forces Doo Ho Choi to Withdraw from UFC on ESPN 28by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on July 19, 2021 at 11:29 pm
A shoulder injury has forced Doo Ho Choi to pull out of a proposed clash with Danny Chavez at UFC on ESPN 28.
- Full Card Announced for One Championship ‘Battleground’ on July 30by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on July 19, 2021 at 9:42 am
One Championship “Battleground” will feature a strawweight muay Thai title bout and the return of former two-division champion Aung La N Sang at the top of the bill.
- Dana White’s Contender Series Set for Fifth Season Debut on Aug. 31by firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on July 19, 2021 at 6:50 am
The fifth season of Dana White’s Contender Series will kick off later this summer.
- UFC 266 to Serve as Backdrop for International Fight Week on Sept. 21-25by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on July 19, 2021 at 5:51 am
International Fight Week is returning to Las Vegas this September.
- Miesha Tate Has ‘No Doubt’ She’ll Cross Paths with Holly Holm Again in UFCby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on July 19, 2021 at 5:28 am
Even after a retirement that lasted more than four years, Miesha Tate appeared to be in peak form at UFC on ESPN 26.
- Islam Makhachev Lauds Khabib’s Generosity During Camp: ‘He Doesn’t Take Money, Nothing’by email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on July 19, 2021 at 4:32 am
It is no secret that Islam Makhachev has been tabbed as the heir apparent to Khabib Nurmagomedov in the UFC’s lightweight division.
- UFC on ESPN 26 Bonuses: Six Fighters Receive $50K Paychecksby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tristen Critchfield) on July 18, 2021 at 12:31 pm
Billy Quarantillo and Gabriel Benitez took home an additional $50,000 apiece for their work in the Octagon on Saturday night.
- Islam Makhachev Rolls Past Thiago Moises in UFC on ESPN 26 Headlinerby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on July 18, 2021 at 6:59 am
Islam Makhachev lived up to the hype in his first headlining effort.
- UFC on ESPN 26 ‘Makhachev vs. Moises’ Play-by-Play, Results & Round Scoringby firstname.lastname@example.org (Jay Pettry) on July 18, 2021 at 6:59 am
Sherdog’s live UFC on ESPN 26 coverage will begin Saturday at 7 p.m. ET.
- UFC on ESPN 26 Prelims: Daniel Rodriguez Picks Apart Short-Notice Foe Preston Parsonsby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on July 18, 2021 at 6:59 am
Daniel Rodriguez didn’t allow Preston Parsons even a glimmer of hope in his Ultimate Fighting Championship debut.
- KSW 62: Szymon Kolecki Obliterates Akop Szostak, Andrzej Grzebyk Gets Revengeby firstname.lastname@example.org (Lev Pisarsky) on July 18, 2021 at 5:59 am
While there were plenty of mismatches and a lack of big names, KSW 62 delivered consistently exciting matches, including six first-round finishes as well as one of the craziest first rounds one will ever see.
- UFC on ESPN 26 Loses Miles Johns vs. Anderson dos Santos Due to Positive COVID-19 Testby email@example.com (Tristen Critchfield) on July 18, 2021 at 3:21 am
UFC on ESPN 26 is down to 10 fights after Miles Johns vs. Anderson dos Santos was scrapped due to a positive COVID-19 test in dos Santos’ camp.
- UFC on ESPN 26 Weigh-in Results: All Fighters Make Weightby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tyler Treese) on July 17, 2021 at 6:59 am
There was no drama ahead of the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s return to the UFC Apex for UFC on ESPN 26.
- Champ Juliana Velasquez Turns Denise Kielholtz Away Atop Bellator 262by email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on July 17, 2021 at 6:59 am
Challenger Denise Kielholtz may have competed for pride and for glory, but Bellator MMA flyweight queen Juliana Velasquez fought for family; as we have been reminded lately, nothing is stronger than family.
- Bellator 262 ‘Velasquez vs. Kielholtz’ Play-by-Play, Results & Round Scoringby firstname.lastname@example.org (Lev Pisarsky) on July 17, 2021 at 6:59 am
Sherdog’s live Bellator 262 coverage kicks off Friday at 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Ismael Bonfim Outstrikes Rangel Ribeiro de Sa in LFA 111 Main Eventby email@example.com (Tyler Treese) on July 17, 2021 at 6:59 am
The Legacy Fighting Alliance’s first card on Brazilian soil led to an exciting night of fights.
- UFC 264 Alternate Rafael dos Anjos: ‘I Would Have Smashed McGregor’by firstname.lastname@example.org (Marcelo Alonso) on July 17, 2021 at 3:35 am
Former Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight king Rafael dos Anjos is confident that he would have crushed Conor McGregor in the main event of UFC 264.
- KSW 62 Weigh-in Results: Kolecki, Szostak Cleared; Every Fighter Makes Weightby email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on July 17, 2021 at 1:24 am
No belts are up for grabs at the latest KSW event, but that did not stop every fighter on the card from remaining professional and properly making weight.
- LFA 111 Weigh-in Results: All Fighters Make Weight for Brazil Debutby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tyler Treese) on July 16, 2021 at 11:34 pm
The Legacy Fighting Alliance is fully international as it heads to Brazil for its first event not on North America soil.
- Bellator 262 Weigh-in Results: Championship Tilt Set as All Fighters on Targetby email@example.com (Jay Pettry) on July 16, 2021 at 4:23 am
A few Bellator MMA fighters may have needed the full additional hour, but every competitor for this Friday’s card made weight.
- Michel Pereira Believes He and Niko Price Deserved Bonus at UFC 264by firstname.lastname@example.org (Marcelo Alonso) on July 16, 2021 at 3:42 am
Count Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight Michel Pereira among those that believe his battle with Niko Price should have earned “Fight of the Night.”